2022 Football Recruiting

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Kasper is 2023.

Montgomery looks real short, I'd be shocked if he's 5'11. His size seems to be what held him back from being a bigger recruit regionally. He can thank his mom for that. Either way, good pedigree and knows how to work hard. I think he'll have a nice career.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
What names should I be getting excited for that Iowa has a decent chance on? Every thing I’ve read or heard is a bunch of in state lineman and a couple guys from Omaha.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Sounds like Crawford and Iowa may part ways after his visit to K State.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Not linking a Rob Howe article but here's what he wrote on Crawford:

Before June 1, high school football recruits spent 15 months unable to meet face-to-face with college coaches or receive campus tours. The unprecedented dead period brought on by the pandemic forced them into building relationships virtually.

Caden Crawford felt strongly enough about the bond built with Iowa that he verbally committed to the Big Ten program in February. He visited Kinnick Stadium for a spring practice in April, but, again, couldn't meet with coaches or tour facilities.

The Lansing (KS) High defensive end remains committed to the Hawkeyes heading into his official visit on June 25. He believes it will confirm his feelings about them.

Crawford (6-5, 240) also felt like he needed a comparison for Iowa. That led him to an unofficial visit to Kansas State this past weekend.

"It went really well," Crawford told HN. "I really enjoyed it."

He's been open with the Hawkeye coaches about why he made the stop.

"They understand how some people go through the recruiting process and want to see everything," Crawford said.

He'll be joined on the Iowa official visit by fellow Class of 2022 verbal commitments Jayden Montgomery, Aaron Graves and Jack Dotzler. Other top targets also will be on hand.

"I’m just really looking forward to meeting all the coaches and seeing the facilities," Crawford said.

Again, he still hasn't met any of the Iowa coaches in person or toured the facilities.

Kansas State, Nebrantska, Minnesota and Oklahoma State also offered Crawford scholarships.

"I’m not visiting anywhere else as of right now," he said.

Rivals and 247Sports rank Crawford as a three-star prospect. The former sees him as the No. 4 player in Kansas and the No. 27 weak-side defensive end nationally in '22. The latter rates him No. 3 in his state and the 77th defensive lineman in the country.

Crawford recorded 78 tackles, 18 of which went for loss, and four sacks. He also forced five fumbles.

Reaction score
Kasper is 2023.

Montgomery looks real short, I'd be shocked if he's 5'11. His size seems to be what held him back from being a bigger recruit regionally. He can thank his mom for that. Either way, good pedigree and knows how to work hard. I think he'll have a nice career.
I have always wondered if Kirk sometimes offers a kid he knows will never start, but will be a good ST player, practice player and teammate and will do OK in a pinch because he'll be in the right place. Also won't jump into the portal unless he discovers he's two levels below Big 10.

CamelTones

Reaction score
QB offer out of California again. Runs a little zone read. Speed isn’t anything great but looks like a decent athlete. Committed to Boise State at the moment…they should offer one of the receivers.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
Clones got a commit from an OL that supposedly had an Iowa offer from Marshall, MN.

Clearly a silly move on his part, but more importantly what is going on in that town?Wikipedia says it’s a town of 13,000 with 4% black people (~500). Trey Lance, Yahya and now this guy - pretty remarkable.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Clones got a commit from an OL that supposedly had an Iowa offer from Marshall, MN.

Clearly a silly move on his part, but more importantly what is going on in that town?Wikipedia says it’s a town of 13,000 with 4% black people (~500). Trey Lance, Yahya and now this guy - pretty remarkable.
I wonder if he still visits Iowa next week

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score

Headquarters of Schwan’s

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Iowa State just got a commit from TE Gabe Burkle of CR Prairie. What’s the scoop on him? I’m generally leery of eastern Iowa players that don’t have Iowa offers. But he just visited Indiana and claimed offers from Michigan State, KState, Minnesota, and Nebrantska. Which is quite an offer list for the #11 ranked player in the state.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Iowa State just got a commit from TE Gabe Burkle of CR Prairie. What’s the scoop on him? I’m generally leery of eastern Iowa players that don’t have Iowa offers. But he just visited Indiana and claimed offers from Michigan State, KState, Minnesota, and Nebrantska. Which is quite an offer list for the #11 ranked player in the state.
I think the scoop is he is a TE from Iowa's back yard that didn't have an Iowa offer.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
Maybe I’m way off, but it seems like Iowa has better connections to (or faith in) certain schools in the CR area. I can’t think of the last Prairie student to go to Iowa, but it seems like we get a kid from Kennedy ever year or two. We got a ton of Washington guys about a year ago (Bruggeman, Davis, at least two McGraths walked on). Jefferson hasn’t sent a football player to a D1 school since a kid named McBride went to UNI, so they’re not worth mentioning here. Iowa hasn’t gotten anyone from Linn-Mar since Andy Keumpel came in 05 (?).

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
No one named Burkle should fucking attend Iowa State

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Iowa hasn't spoken with Burkle since last summer. I'd be surprised if half those offers were committable. He's destined for OT.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Iowa hasn't spoken with Burkle since last summer. I'd be surprised if half those offers were committable. He's destined for OT.
Yeah, 247 shows no interest from Iowa.

But he just had official visits this week at KSU, Nebrantska, and Indiana. I’ll give you the “we didn’t want him anyway”, but not the “no one wanted him”

6’7” 240lbs as a Junior sounds like future OT to me.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Gazette article said he had visits scheduled for those places in July, but went ahead and committed to ISU without visiting the other schools.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score

The 6-7, 230-pounder told the Journal Star on Monday morning that he had been originally set to visit Tuesday through Thursday but that NU is only taking one tight end in the 2022 class.
The Huskers landed a verbal commitment from Chase Androff (Lakeville, Minnesota) on June 7.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
That link is to a Nebrantska site. Probably virus-ridden but says they called off the visit because they got a different TE.

Callisto

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I think his dad was a Beckman kid who played at UNI. Hopefully he inherited the athleticism from his dad and not the intellect.