2022 Football Recruiting

Reaction score
Jimmy Rolder from Chicago Marist is another LB the staff is looking at. Recently added offers from MN and IL.

One has to be careful how one says it, but he and the Michigan kid look so much more impressive than the vertically compromised young Montgomery, who now has a torn ACL to boot.

Reaction score
I also think the staff offers some kids because they think they'll be great locker room guys and will in general will contribute to the program positively with their attitude. I think Desmond Hutson is one of those guys and I think Montgomery is too.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
I also think the staff offers some kids because they think they'll be great locker room guys and will in general will contribute to the program positively with their attitude. I think Desmond Hutson is one of those guys and I think Montgomery is too.
It’s obviously not the ideal scenario, but guys can be valuable contributors even if they never play on offense/defense. Terry Roberts was worth his scholarship even if he never plays another snap at CB.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
It’s obviously not the ideal scenario, but guys can be valuable contributors even if they never play on offense/defense. Terry Roberts was worth his scholarship even if he never plays another snap at CB.
plus now we have a black guy named Terry Roberts who backs up our white starting cornerback

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
This dude is going to be a beast. From the few highlights I have seen, he appears to have gotten significantly faster since last year, and he already had decent speed (11.26 100m last year) for someone that is 6’2”, 215 pounds.

Reaction score
This dude is going to be a beast. From the few highlights I have seen, he appears to have gotten significantly faster since last year, and he already had decent speed (11.26 100m last year) for someone that is 6’2”, 215 pounds.
Here's a pic from his visit last weekend next to Nwampka.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I honestly can’t believe what some of these high schoolers look like compared to 25 years ago. And we had some big boys in our class.

maybe these teacher felons were just early adopters.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Sometimes these star rankings make me wonder. To me, Kaleb Johnson's film looks way more impressive than Patterson (who is a 4 star). And I still like Patterson but there seems to be a clear difference.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I think Kaleb Johnson's highlights are more impressive than any other back we have had in a long time. He has the burst that Melvin Gordon showed and the speed of Goodson along with the size. That is the type of back we need in this offense.

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I think Kaleb Johnson's highlights are more impressive than any other back we have had in a long time. He has the burst that Melvin Gordon showed and the speed of Goodson along with the size. That is the type of back we need in this offense.
Sometimes big guys don’t appear to be running as fast but he’s pulling away from smaller corners and safeties.

looks like a player.