2022 Football Recruiting

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Based on the QB, that must be video from around 1990-1991.

Reaction score
I hope they take both Rolder and Aidan Vaughan because that would be a hell of a pair of LBs.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
This kid must have sent out one hell of a senior highlight tape in the past week. It looks like he was completely off the radar and had zero offers until Ball State about a month ago. Now this week he adds offers from Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Purdue and has an official visit to Iowa this weekend.

Reaction score
This kid must have sent out one hell of a senior highlight tape in the past week. It looks like he was completely off the radar and had zero offers until Ball State about a month ago. Now this week he adds offers from Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Purdue and has an official visit to Iowa this weekend.
he was committed to Illinois for baseball.

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
QB recruit having a decent year and if nothing else is decidedly less statuesque in the pocket than our usual QBs.

I have not seen much about QB recruits lately. This seems to be a much undervalued position lately in the Iowa scheme.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
he played my high school week one and I was told the kid can play. Hope Iowa offers and gets him.
also, I think he wants to play football over baseball if it comes down to that or so the drunk dude I used to work with who l knows Marist stuff tells me.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Chicago Marist inside linebacker Jimmy Rolder has gone from an Illinois baseball commit with one football offer from Ball State to all of a sudden mulling over Big Ten offers from Minnesota, Illinois and then having Michigan jump in on Wednesday.

A physical, straight-ahead 6-foot-2, 220-pound prospect, Rolder's situation was greatly affected by Covid-19 moving the Illinois season from fall to spring a year ago.

"He's always been a really talented football player," Marist head coach Ron Dawczak said. "As a sophomore, he was in the discussion to play on varsity, but we typically played sophomores and brought them up to varsity during the playoffs to practice with us for extra work and he was the only sophomore that actually played. His very first play as a varsity player actually, he had a sack. We knew we had something special. He continued to develop. He has always been very athletic, been a big kid that can move well. He played linebacker primarily but he was also a tremendous tight end. He is gifted athleticially, you don't see kids of his size move the way he does.

"He committed to baseball at Illinois as a junior," Dawczak continued, "and it was just a weird year with Covid so schools could not come out. We didn't play in the fall and then it was abberviated in the spring and college coaches were not on the road, so it was always just kind of an unknown because they couldn't get eyes on him. We knew he had an ability to play at major D1 programs for football but it was a perfect storm of them not being able to come see him, and when they saw he had an offer for baseball, that may have scared away some schools. Then he's had a tremendous senior season, so much so that major college programs were taking a look, so we knew it was a matter of time."

The interest has really risen in the recent weeks and Rolder, who has a 5.4 GPA on a 5.0 scale, has handled it the way Dawczak knew he would.

"He is a really mature kid," he said. "He has always kept his head down and worked really hard. He great leader for our program and been an example for the younger kids in the program. I talked to him about just staying patient and continuing to do what he has always done, give his best effort to be the best player he can and colleges will take notice of that. He trusted that message, took it to heart and can now see the fruits of that hard work. It's great to see."

Where Rolder will end up is still to be determined and more schools find their way to him every day.

What is known though is that the school that gets him is adding more than just a hard-hitting linebacker.

"They are getting a kid who just really checks all the boxes," Dawczak says. "What he can bring to a program is obvious. He excels in the classroom, academics will never be an issue, He is a really high character kid, a great leader for us and the type of kid you cannot have enough of in a progarm. Whatever school gets him will be lucky to have him. Our coaches never have to worry about is he doing the right things?"

Rolder is rated a three-star prospect by 247Sports

Reaction score
Maybe KF did make an impression last weekend.... Gotta imagine there are a lot of places Ryan Day could have visited tonight, him picking Iowa makes me think he must of felt they lost some ground and he really wants them both.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
He’s wasting his time, they’re both going to Iowa.

Despite both having big Iowa State fan parents, which I gotta say, cuts to the bone.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
LOL from CF they steadfastly refuse to accept that he is a longshot to qualify
Jesus man, just an auto “fuck off” at this point.

Lose the hard on for trying to rip on some kid’s academics with no evidence other than he picked the other school to go to. I don’t know if he will qualify, but you sure as heck don’t either.

And it’s not like Campbell has some bad history academically with sketchy players It’s the opposite:https://cyclones.com/news/2020/12/18/football-cyclones-achieve-a-big-12-high-44-academic-all-conference-picks.aspx

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

Lose the hard on for trying to rip on some kid’s academics with no evidence other than he picked the other school to go to. I don’t know if he will qualify, but you sure as heck don’t either.

And it’s not like Campbell has some bad history academically with sketchy players It’s the opposite:https://cyclones.com/news/2020/12/18/football-cyclones-achieve-a-big-12-high-44-academic-all-conference-picks.aspx
Get pissed

Reaction score