2023 Basketball Recruiting

Pinehawk

Regina Douche
Reaction score
Moline wins 50-36 and is headed to the finals.

It'll be #1 Lisle against #2 Moline tomorrow night
They make them play consecutive nights for a Championship?
Not much time to prepare or rest.

Reaction score
Yeah he doesn't exactly stand out any time I've seen him play.
He led the state in scoring, rebounding and 3’s while shooting 43% from 3 at 6’7. It’s not like he was just a role player.

He’s more versatile than his brother I think. I didn’t see all of that game tonight but when I did they doubled and swarmed him when he got the ball.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, valley was really fucking impressive.

the NW guards looked unstoppable 24 hours ago and they looked slow tonight.

Robinson is an absolute freak. He had a two handed dunk as time ran out that didn’t count that was fucking powerful.

tcondon

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Zay Robinson is an elite athlete. 41 inch vertical. Football is his passion. Already an ISU offer at wide receiver with Iowa and Oregon monitoring. His shot was falling the last 2 nights, hadn't been the case much this season. He could be a D1 basketball player if he dedicated his time to that only.

Tough home life and is getting his grades in order. But a great kid from everything I've heard in the Valley community that everone is rooting for. Hope Kirk offered him tonight.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Zay Robinson is an elite athlete. 41 inch vertical. Football is his passion. Already an ISU offer at wide receiver with Iowa and Oregon monitoring. His shot was falling the last 2 nights, hadn't been the case much this season. He could be a D1 basketball player if he dedicated his time to that only.

Tough home life and is getting his grades in order. But a great kid from everything I've heard in the Valley community that everone is rooting for. Hope Kirk offered him tonight.
TC 👍

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score

I'm so in love I may be compelled to pen a sonnet

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
I assumed he was a white guy. Hmm.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Chicago Simeon, which beat Moline in December and was considered to be the best team in the state, lost the 3A final in OT to Metamora (an all cracka team).

This pushed the 4A championship back a bit. Expected to tip shortly

Reaction score
Chicago Simeon, which beat Moline in December and was considered to be the best team in the state, lost the 3A final in OT to Metamora (an all cracka team).

You watching these games?

J1973s

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

Are you paying to stream this?

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Harding looks like a high major player to me. He is tiny as fuck though. Freeman hasnt done much but he’s made the game tough for Benet.

Reactions: BBK

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Just rolled through the tournament. Only one close call in the Elite 8. Pounded the rest

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
How many classes in Illinois?

I figured moline was a dying red white trash small town by now
They have 4 now. That is somewhat recent, it used to be just two classes which was way more fun. The problem is a lot of the CPS/Chicago schools at 3A and 2A because of enrollment.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
He appears to be the same height as Spencer Lee. I’ll take the under on 5’10”.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
He appears to be the same height as Spencer Lee. I’ll take the under on 5’10”.
He looks like a small child next to those other guys. But that little bastard just fucking lit up the entire 4A field.

Looking forward to seeing how he works out at Iowa

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
This may come as a surprise to everyone, but Brock Harding is my favorite Hawkeye basketball player ever.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Maybe he can make an early dent as a shooter, but I would be super surprised if Harding is a 20 mpg contributor his first 2 years.

Beyond being short, while appearing to be fit and reasonably strong, he has a very narrow frame. He will get abused penetrating in the Big Ten

Reaction score
Maybe he can make an early dent as a shooter, but I would be super surprised if Harding is a 20 mpg contributor his first 2 years.

Beyond being short, while appearing to be fit and reasonably strong, he has a very narrow frame. He will get abused penetrating in the Big Ten
Narrow hips?

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Jay Burson was pretty good, but the game was a lot more fluid and less physical then (alrhough Ed Horton broke the little dude's neck).

B19Rob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Harding reminds me of Braden Smith from Purdue. He's listed a very generous 6'0 180 (as a recruit was listed 5'10" 165). He was pretty lightly recruited even though he was Indiana Mr. Basketball and led his team to a state title. He was clearly a talented player, but most schools thought he was too small and lacked athleticism. Fast forward one year, and as a freshman he has played 30 minutes per game and is the second best player on a top 5 team.

I think Harding is just as talented as Smith. That's why I think he comes in and is starting for Iowa at some point next year.