2023 Basketball Recruiting

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
We putting portal stuff in here?

Kinda odd.

Doesn't really fit the profile of a Fran big. White and short, but girthy and doesn't shoot 3s.

Led Belmont in rebounding

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Deleted tweet, what did it say?
Something about Even Brauns transferring. Not particularly impressive numbers, but he is from Iowa City.

The tweet was worded strangley as well, I don't remember exactly but it implied he had already committed but wasn't ready to announce.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Something about Even Brauns transferring. Not particularly impressive numbers, but he is from Iowa City.

The tweet was worded strangley as well, I don't remember exactly but it implied he had already committed but wasn't ready to announce.
He dunks the ball quite hard and is a credit to his race.

Brownzy

Important Backpack Wearer
Reaction score
I would assume one of Mulvey or Jelly is gone. Brauns comes in as a free backup big, and we spend every NIL dollar we have on a starting center. Profit.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Yeah, he doesn't look nearly that fat on the court. I really expected him to be a stiff. Not great if he's the only big guy they bring in, but he's fine as a bench guy.

According to some homosexual on Hawkeyereport, prior to the tweet being deleted, Brauns changed his Twitter picture to one of him as a little kid wearing an Iowa hat. So seems pretty likely at this point.

Last edited:

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
How long does he have to play? Fran has turn Filip into a solid big. With enough time I assume he could do the same here.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score

Yeah, he doesn't look nearly that fat on the court. I really expected him to be a stiff. Not great if he's the only big guy they bring in, but he's fine as a bench guy.

According to some homosexual on Hawkeyereport, prior to the tweet being deleted, Brauns changed his Twitter picture to one of him as a little kid wearing an Iowa hat. So seems pretty likely at this point.
Hope he grows his hair out to hide his horns

Reaction score
I would assume one of Mulvey or Jelly is gone. Brauns comes in as a free backup big, and we spend every NIL dollar we have on a starting center. Profit.
I think there’s a decent chance they’re both gone. Brauns looks like he can be a solid backup big that doesn’t cost anything like you said.

His numbers were pretty good in the Valley, looks like he started and was productive but was the only non-outside shooter so he only played half the minutes.

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Do we have a chance this year with Fardaws Aimaq? We were in his final 4 but he went to Texas tech which payed more money. Had a shit season, injured most of it and their coach implosion.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score

He looks a.lot better moving than his headshot.

Reactions: BBK

Spring Hawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I watched Dean go against Mike Bibby at a skills camp when they were in HS. Both were really quick and handled the ball well, fun to watch. Dean went to his left 90% of the time and Bibby still couldn't stop him. Dean being listed at 5'11" was "generous".
Before my senior year my high school team played against dean’s team at a camp at UNI. My coach put me in to guard Dean. “Just stay in front of him, you’re both left handed, you got this” He apparently forgot I was slow as fuck, while Dean was not. That experiment didn’t last long.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
He looks a.lot better moving than his headshot.
Yeah, only thing is he doesn't shoot 3s at all. Straight garbage man. I'm cool with it, but does Franny really want a white Jarryd Cole?

Last edited:

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Yeah, only thing is he doesn't shoot 3s at all. Straight garage man. I'm cool with it, but does Franny really want a white Jarryd Cole?
Isn’t that Rebraca?

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Yeah, only thing is he doesn't shoot 3s at all. Straight garage man. I'm cool with it, but does Franny really want a white Jarryd Cole?
Brook Lopez waited 8 years into an NBA career to start shooting 3s and now shoots at a 35% clip.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I'm not down on the kid or anything necesarily.

But look at the guy

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
"People are saying" Harding was easily the best player in the state during the tournament.

That guy

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Do not doubt Fran's early offer eye.

(Possible exceptions of Bowen and Mulvey -- though Mulvey would probably have been all right had he stayed one more year in high school and redshirted this year like he should have...now he just has two years to get a whole lot better).

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Do not doubt Fran's early offer eye.

(Possible exceptions of Bowen and Mulvey -- though Mulvey would probably have been all right had he stayed one more year in high school and redshirted this year like he should have...now he just has two years to get a whole lot better).
You may be right on Mulvey, but it should be pointed out that age wise he is in the correct class even with the reclassification.

Reaction score
I’m not sure anyone wants Bowen to GTFO. I think there are some that think he will leave because he didn’t play. Given the portal system, that’s hardly a stretch.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Pryce has a lot more skill. Omaha has a lot of natural ability. The many times I’ve watched him and didn’t score by any other means than brute force.

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It's pretty wild looking at the recruits and where they are going to college. Of ESPN's top 20 recruits, only three are staying in the state they played high school basketball. Many of them are moving clear across the country. California to North Carolina (Duke), Maryland to Oregon, two from New Jersey to Kentucky. I'm assuming NIL makes it much easier for families to pick up and move.