I may end up looking like an idiot on this, but I think they will be significantly better than last year if either Coleman or Sage can be players that can consistently get their own shot when needed.
That really was Stirtz's actual special talent last year, when the shot clock is running down and you need someone that can get their own shot off and score he could do it at a high level. It certainly wasn't his defense.
I would hope Iowa is massively improved at rebounding and second chance points. Should be significantly better on defense and way more athletic. The collective talent is much much better and the ceiling of the players is way higher than last year.
If you look at the bench alone, the #6-#12 players this year would destroy the same #6-#12 players last year. Big Pear Jirak was your 10th man last year, this year he's the 10th man again and would whoop his younger self. Their 11th man this year is a 4* Top 100 freshman that is jacked to the tits.