**2026 Iowa Football Season Thread**

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,649
Reaction score
-14,437
My sources tell me that there is also going to be a big Nike/Caitlin Clark shoe launch event downtown on Clinton St. on Thursday. Big week coming up in Iowa City.
They have a playoff game at noon on Thursday unless the series ends in 2 games.
 

nikolausp

Paid His Bills
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
12,198
Reaction score
90
Gotta be in Ohio for a couple days late next month, looked up the football schedule dates and it's perfect... literally the next day. Roadtrip to Ann Arbor for Iowa @ the Big House in Late September, hell ya!

The only other 2 times I've been to games at the Big House were both Iowa games... in Oct 2002 for the the 34-9 three hour SpaceWhack session, and the sweet Oct 2010 Hawkeye Win. Let's make it 3 for 3! CCMF
3 for 3 !!! LFG Hawks!

1000047937.jpg

1000047938.jpg
 

Monster

Guaranteed Proctor Would Play For Iowa
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
110,000
Reaction score
-3,550
Years ago when an athlete professed his faith, as long as it wasn't completely phony sounding or over the top, I thought it was admirable. Now, because of how Christianity has been co-opted by the worst people in the country, I'm immediately skeptical and often disgusted.
 

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
84,254
Reaction score
14,358
Years ago when an athlete professed his faith, as long as it wasn't completely phony sounding or over the top, I thought it was admirable. Now, because of how Christianity has been co-opted by the worst people in the country, I'm immediately skeptical and often disgusted.
Like an American flag tattoo.
 

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
56,750
Reaction score
-21,505
Years ago when an athlete professed his faith, as long as it wasn't completely phony sounding or over the top, I thought it was admirable. Now, because of how Christianity has been co-opted by the worst people in the country, I'm immediately skeptical and often disgusted.
Correct. Total virtue signal in most cases.
 

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
98,179
Reaction score
51,727
Years ago when an athlete professed his faith, as long as it wasn't completely phony sounding or over the top, I thought it was admirable. Now, because of how Christianity has been co-opted by the worst people in the country, I'm immediately skeptical and often disgusted.
This is why I smoke crack and worship Satan
 

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
14,845
Reaction score
18,534
Years ago when an athlete professed his faith, as long as it wasn't completely phony sounding or over the top, I thought it was admirable. Now, because of how Christianity has been co-opted by the worst people in the country, I'm immediately skeptical and often disgusted.
I don't care about the athlete's faith whatsoever. However, could you imagine the uproar from the vangies if Muslim athletes started thanking Allah for their TDs/wins? Hoo-boy!
 

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
45,960
Reaction score
62,735
Echoing Monster. It's sad it's came to this but any athlete overtly expressing their Christianity is an immediate eye roll for me and that wasn't always the case. It almost feels like a political expression as much as a religious one.
Have the politicians ruined that or the athletes?
 
Top