**22/23 Transfer Portal Thread**

The Full Monte

a/k/a CyTwins
Reaction score
This is going to be a busy day for news, and involve Iowa much more than normal, so starting a separate thread for it

For those waiting on Iowa news, it might be Wednesday before we hear anything on guys coming here. The D2 WR from Hillsdale may wait till next weekend as well.

Last edited:

gable_guy

Reaction score
Girlfriend must not have been enough to keep him at Pitt.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
What happens to the many kids who enter the portal but don't find a new home? I'm sure a bunch of them go back where they came from, but it can't be all of them. Are their careers just over?

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
It's like a train wreck. It's kind of fun to watch, but it still fucking sucks.

The Dad

Legitimately Bald Forever and Stupid Looking
Reaction score
Arland Bruce IV received NIL money to transfer. That’s how fucking stupid this all is.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding
Reaction score
This is fucking stupid.
I'll be shocked (prove me wrong!) if this is an environment Iowa flourishes in instead of the initial dread that all of us had when this can of worms was opened. Iowa just isn't the kind of school/ university/ city/ state that is going to make a huge splash in this era. We'll continue to be a developmental program finding the diamonds in the rough.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
What happens to the many kids who enter the portal but don't find a new home? I'm sure a bunch of them go back where they came from, but it can't be all of them. Are their careers just over?
Only about 40% find new scholarships

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
It's NBA free agency with no rules or structure and everyone is on meth and 20 grams of coke.
It's the worst and least interesting part of college football (recruiting) made perpetual for every player, new and existing. There's just no way it is sustainable. The NIL ruling didn't completely eliminate the NCAA's ability to implement regulation. Figureitout.gif.

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
I'll be shocked (prove me wrong!) if this is an environment Iowa flourishes in instead of the initial dread that all of us had when this can of worms was opened. Iowa just isn't the kind of school/ university/ city/ state that is going to make a huge splash in this era. We'll continue to be a developmental program finding the diamonds in the rough.
Iowa will developing them for other teams now.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
DJ needs to be converted into a TE, if he can learn some basics in the short time he has left.

He's not a power 5 QB.

The Full Monte

a/k/a CyTwins
Reaction score
This is football Dad/Mom's wet dream.
“We’ll take our talents to a school that actually recognizes the unique gifts and talents of little Tommy! These coaches just don’t get it!”

Jeff Christensen would have had a field day with this shit

The Full Monte

a/k/a CyTwins
Reaction score
I don't think that will be as much of an issue as we're afraid it will be. Besides WRs of course.
That changes in an instant with a mildly competent Offensive Coordinator though

As Tyler Barnes so unartfully pointed out, the pro style, run heavy system can be ultra effective. The difference of course is that the layering in their WR routes is orgasmic.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
That changes in an instant with a mildly competent Offensive Coordinator though

As Tyler Barnes so unartfully pointed out, the pro style, run heavy system can be ultra effective. The difference of course is that the layering in their WR routes is orgasmic.
And the horses up front. Need those back.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding
Reaction score
Has this transfer faggotry infiltrated Iowa's local high schools as well, like it has here?

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Imagine Spencer's brain in an all-NFL body, and that's poor DJ.

Seeing what he's done here, I don't see him being much better anywhere else. Too late to learn a new position unless he takes a Covid year, and he's just not wired to be a QB.

The Full Monte

a/k/a CyTwins
Reaction score
Arlen Harris, Stanford RB transfer, likely headed to Iowa State

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Not a portal guy. Class of '23 recruit. We were one of the other teams heavily recruiting him before he committed to Nebrantska.

Doesn’t sound like Iowa is actually willing to take him at the moment. I think they’re waiting to see if Leshon Williams enters the portal.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Doesn’t sound like Iowa is actually willing to take him at the moment. I think they’re waiting to see if Leshon Williams enters the portal.
Seriously? Williams is an upper-classman and you have to bank on Johnson being an early entry at this point. Regardless of what shakes out with the portal, it seems stupid as hell not to take 2 RBs in this recruiting class.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Seriously? Williams is an upper-classman and you have to bank on Johnson being an early entry at this point. Regardless of what shakes out with the portal, it seems stupid as hell not to take 2 RBs in this recruiting class.
Williams will be a junior and Johnson can’t go pro for 2 more years. They’ll be gone at the same time.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Williams will be a junior and Johnson can’t go pro for 2 more years. They’ll be gone at the same time.
If Williams doesn't bolt to be the lead back somewhere else after next year. Regardless, Barnes was a higher priority than the already committed RB, and taking 2 RBs in each class is just a sound approach anyway. This smells like a retread of the Deandre Johnson/James White situation.