Game Thread Beat Tennessee

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
He really is and I would bet anything it makes him cringe to be around Beathard.

Look at him. Long blonde pony tail, goatee, chest tats, sunglasses and stoner beach wear. Then you look at Rudock and I bet you he is wearing a pair of polo shorts, conservative sandals and a polo shirt tucked in with a short haircut.

Reaction score
The anonymous NFL scouts would have a field day with Beathard leading up to the draft if he were in that position.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
The anonymous NFL scouts would have a field day with Beathard leading up to the draft if he were in that position.
No. They wouldn't.

99.99999% of the players in a position to get drafted would have more red flags than CJ.

Reaction score
No. They wouldn't.

99.99999% of the players in a position to get drafted would have more red flags than CJ.
Look up the anonymous scout garbage on Teddy Bridgewater who is squeaky clean (black though). You'll find a bunch of questioning whether he can be "the face of the franchise" for no known reason. It happens with a ton of QB's who aren't the 6'4 white clean cut prototype.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Had Kirk coached the Pats, Bledsoe woulda stayed the starter and Brady woulda ended up marrying a chick from Kalamazoo who soldpharmaceuticals

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
No. They wouldn't.

Look up the anonymous scout garbage on Teddy Bridgewater who is squeaky clean (black though). You'll find a bunch of questioning whether he can be "the face of the franchise" for no known reason. It happens with a ton of QB's who aren't the 6'4 white clean cut prototype.
Some people are questioning whether Mariota is a good leader since he is not fiery and doesn't show emotions.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Free the gunslinging party animal, Kirk!

We're sick of the smart wine swirler.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score

Beathard slams Bud Heavy and shots of Jack Daniels while getting head from a couple freshman girls. Rudock takes 10pm trips to grab a hot Tzao tea at Starbucks and call his grandma.

Reaction score
No. They wouldn't.

Some people are questioning whether Mariota is a good leader since he is not fiery and doesn't show emotions.
Same stuff was said about Teddy. Even though he's a God at Louisville and Miami Northwestern (and now with Vikings coaches/players) and everyone around him loved him.

Reaction score

Beathard slams Bud Heavy and shots of Jack Daniels while getting head from a couple freshman girls. Rudock takes 10pm trips to grab a hot Tzao tea at Starbucks and call his grandma.
I don't give a fuck about personality. Plenty of good QB's who are boring as hell. Just play the better guy.

Gushawk

Reaction score
Personality is part of Jake's ceiling problem, imo. Not the biggest part, mind you.

Unfortunately it is pretty much the same personality that seems to have hardened in our coach.

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
I guess CJB playing early and often is the best that we could reasonably hope for. Still doesn't make any sense. If Rudock can't put the question to bed after 2 full seasons, what fucking use is it to leave him in there?

Reaction score
Beathard writes like Tebow on whatever social media page was pictured in a thread from 6-8 weeks ago. Also had a hot girlfriend, though not on Canzeri's level.

Reaction score
I'm starting to think there was a real reason Rudock didn't see a single snap 2 years ago, besides dumbfuckery.

Gushawk

Reaction score
I guess CJB playing early and often is the best that we could reasonably hope for. Still doesn't make any sense. If Rudock can't put the question to bed after 2 full seasons, what fucking use is it to leave him in there?
There is none. No reason at all not to give Beathard a full audition and potentially springboard an exciting upgrade at the most important position in the game going into next year.

Kirk just isn't ready to let go, and it very well still could cost Brian and Iowa fans dearly.

Gushawk

Reaction score
I'm starting to think there was a real reason Rudock didn't see a single snap 2 years ago, besides dumbfuckery.
There was probably somewhat legitimate fear of damaging not only James, but also Jake.

Last edited:

Gushawk

Reaction score
Jimmie apparently is a card carrying member of the everyone gets a trophy brigade.

Reaction score
He really is and I would bet anything it makes him cringe to be around Beathard.

Look at him. Long blonde pony tail, goatee, chest tats, sunglasses and stoner beach wear. Then you look at Rudock and I bet you he is wearing a pair of polo shorts, conservative sandals and a polo shirt tucked in with a short haircut.
Don't forget the sunblock caked on his nose.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Jimmie apparently is a card carrying member of the everyone gets a trophy brigade.
you must suck at bags, if you're worried about people rolling them up there

I just like the clean look of the board going all the way to the ground. The ones in the picture look like a 6th grader made them in wood shop.

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
How do you score hangers on the front edge? Agreed upon lifting protocol? Do you even keep score?

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
How do you score hangers on the front edge? Agreed upon lifting protocol? Do you even keep score?
After about 2,000 games, I know with 99.9% accuracy if a bag is on the board or not.

Before that, yes, just lift the front an inch and they'll either slide off or not.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Back to the game. Iowa's got to be ready for a trick play in the first quarter. You know Tennessee is going to try and get the momentum early.

Reaction score
Got to think they'll pass to a running back up the middle a few times.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Back to the game. Iowa's got to be ready for a trick play in the first quarter. You know Tennessee is going to try and get the momentum early.
TN better be ready. They have not seen a RB like Weisman all year.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Kirk does not give a fuck if you're a good player or not...

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/123114aab.html
What the fuck are you even talking about?
"I have such respect for guys that run the whole race and stay the entire four or five years of their careers and earn their degree," Ferentz said. "Our guys have done a great job of that and that is the most lasting thing they will accomplish coming out of college. I don't care how good a player they may be, none are going to be playing when they are 40."

:)

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
when the trophy case is empty everything is fair game imo.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Kirk does not give a fuck if you're a good player or not...

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/123114aab.html
What the fuck are you even talking about?
"I have such respect for guys that run the whole race and stay the entire four or five years of their careers and earn their degree," Ferentz said. "Our guys have done a great job of that and that is the most lasting thing they will accomplish coming out of college. I don't care how good a player they may be, none are going to be playing when they are 40."

:)
Lol

Reaction score
I must admit Kirk's 2 QB hijinks has me looking forward to the game to see what happens. Before, when I thought Rudock was playing the entire game I had no faith we could win now I do.

Reaction score
TOL will be something to behold if CJ stinks it up. Baseballa33, juana, RileyHawk, HawkinSEC..., jrwolfe999, heat dawg, Torbee, whoever. A smugathon to end all smugathons. Next man in, the program will be just fine. Go ahead and give up your tickets, CJ Lovers; there will a waiting list to take your place.

Reaction score
Did anyone post this?

Boettger, Myers, Gaul, BS, Donnal, Simmons. Myers is at 295 on the nose, according to pops.