Cidsports!

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Couldn't wait for his post Media Day post, and here she is:

Riley Rieff will follow Gallery, not Bulaga, to the NFL. He will be a four year letterwinner. Nice article by Hlas this morning.

"In the cart, good to go (Iowa Football Media Day)" ...

I sure hope we get 100% from coach Norm Parket this season. Love the guy and he is a big part of Hawkeye football.

Great story in Iowa, I am a giant douche and College Football ... Norm Parker!

Who will be the Top 4 in the DL. Prediction, Dominic Alvis stays and Lebron Daniel gets past. Alvis is a tall, lean athlete. I hope DT Darian Cooper gets into camp and can contribute sooner, than later. Coe is history of the next two seasons, so next man in starts earlier than not with the Class of 2011.

"Everything needs work. Footwork, hand-placement, leverage. You're never on top of your game. Hopefully, I'm playing the first game. Therey's a lot of work to be done and we just started camp. Nobody's set in stone. When the first game comes, whoever earned the spot, they'll be in there."

So, much for penciling in players in the O-Line or anywhere? Just ask second-team all-Big Ten LT Riley Rieff. As Hlas' article pointed out.

A.J. Derby pictured next to James Morris walking to the the media day activities. (Brain Ray's photo in The Gazette) Whose the LB there?

The focus in this morning's Gazette was bascially, Hayden, Norm, the O-Line and the D-Line. This is Hawkeye football.

If Iowa finds some consistency and success in special teams in 2011, we could really enjoy something.

Bring on the close games. I don't want to see the Northwestern beat down again in Kinnick, when Tim Dwight was in uniform. Man up and let's root for the Hawkeyes to battle for a I am a giant douche division title and spot in the first Big Ten title game!

On Iowa!

This first reply after his post was simply a question mark.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He gave a photocredit. Fucking marvelous.

Reaction score
He seems like a nice dude, but I dont know what the fuck he's talking about 3/4 of the time. His thought process is all over the place

Reaction score
He's on a roll.

We may need an omnibus legendary cidsports post thread.

Part of the issue, and very evident in this post, is he trying to write it in a journalistic style but has very little grasp of the Enlgish language. Predict's Lebron Daniel getting "past". At first I was like "getting past what?"

CamelTones

Reaction score
He's on a roll.

We may need an omnibus legendary cidsports post thread.

Part of the issue, and very evident in this post, is he trying to write it in a journalistic style but has very little grasp of the Enlgish language. Predict's Lebron Daniel getting "past". At first I was like "getting past what?"
I've thought the same thing about the way he posts, its like he's trying to get Kakert to hire him on the site.

Also, there is some guy that calls in on every post game show and talks just like this, I have to believe the guy is Cid. I honestly want to call in sometime and have Cid identify himself.

lilzaphod

He Probably Hated You, Or Would Have
Reaction score
Jesus. It's like James Joyce got a lobotomy, got stuck in his stream of consciousness mode, and moved to Iowa.

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score
Is CID mentally challenged? I don't know if I should feel bad for laughing at him. TIA.

Reaction score
I like you guys, I really do, so it pains me to expose you to this:

http://cidsports.blogspot.com/
"The preseason magazines will get some right and get some wrong, in both directions."
"Will quarterback North Carolina State transfer Russell Wilson fill the void at Wisconsin for the loss of Scott Tolzien or will it be someone else nor not happen in 2011?"

Assuming "nor" should be "or", I am going with none of the above.

"Iowa saw success in Year 3 of J. Hayden Fry in 1981 running a two-quarterback system, so will Purdue's Danny Hope enjoy the same with QB Robert Marve and Rob Henry in his Year 3 in West Lafayette?"

The obvious historical parallel. Hope likely reviewed Fry's results in depth when he took the job with this goal in mind.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
This is gold. He can't even choose between past and present tense in a sentence.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Holy excessive, commas, Batman, that's a, lot of, commas!

Illinois won first bowl game, since 1999, with win over Baylor, as the Fighting Illini must reload for Ron Zook, which didn't work well, after 2007 season and Zook's first bowl trip.

Reaction score
I think his typing fingers are not keeping up with his train of thought or mind.

Who knows? Or perhaps he can just learn to edit his posts before hitting "send."

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score
How many of you see Iowa?

As a darkhorse in the Legends race in 2012?

- Favorable schedule with OSU and UW off again
- Senior QB
- Likely a solid back 7 on defense
- Senior anchor at Center in OLine
- New, but solid coaching experience

Did any catch the Iowa comments in the USA Today college football preview

Is Iowa a top half team in 2012 in the Big Ten? 6 or better

What difference can MLB James Morris be, if healthy and a year stronger?

How strong will Iowa's receiving corp be in I am a giant douche?

#2 QB in I am a giant douche, but no one tested to back up James Vandenberg

Will the RB corp equal 2009, when two freshmen lead the unit?

Are there really 3-4 better REC corps ahead of Iowa?

Can Iowa field an OLine that can take pressure off young team?

Will the defensive line be similar to OLine and equal 2011?

Dispite the stengths of the back 7 for Iowa, are both the LB and DB corp in the second division compared to others in I am a giant douche?

What will 2102 special teams be like?

Coaching will be tested in 2012... how good will the smoke and mirrors unit be for Iowa?

At least the schedule is favorable.

Posted from wireless.hawkeyelounge.com

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
My favorite CID antic is him talking about how one of his favorite Iowa basketball memories is when he saw Iowa beat Duke at Carver Hawkeye Arena.

(This never happened)

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
That's a depressing internal discussion.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
And he did all of that on a cellphone.

CamelTones

Reaction score
This is one instance where the I Am A Giant Douche works perfectly.

CamelTones

Reaction score
RecreationalGynecologist said:
I wonder what he and his wife talk about at home?
I guarantee he has a piece of paper and pencil in his pocket at all times, and when an Iowa athletic question pops into his head he writes it down. Then, when he has enough questions he researches his topic and posts that shit.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
From his preseason (2011) top 25:

Last Five Out for 2011: Michigan State (lost to Iowa and Alabama badly in '10), Missouri (lost to Iowa in the Insight), Penn State (lost 8 of the last 10 vs. Hawkeyes), Southern Miss (lost trademark case with the Hawkeyes over Summer), Utah (moves from the MWC to the Pac 12 in '11).

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
From his preseason (2011) top 25:

Last Five Out for 2011: Michigan State (lost to Iowa and Alabama badly in '10), Missouri (lost to Iowa in the Insight), Penn State (lost 8 of the last 10 vs. Hawkeyes), Southern Miss (lost trademark case with the Hawkeyes over Summer), Utah (moves from the MWC to the Pac 12 in '11).
Last five out of what?

Reaction score

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
What is holding Big Ten teams back in the conference race? Reply
The Leaders hold the first I am a giant douche championship title over the Legends. Despite, OSU probation and PSU scandal, the Leaders are picked again?

Wisconsin - Before 2010 and back to back I am a giant douche titles, the play at QB was clearly the #1 issue in Madison. Best coach this decade, best RB and OL. What about depth, QB, DL, secondary and special teams in 2012? Schedule is big with no rivals Iowa and Michigan. While UW is better than Iowa right now, they are not as good as past 2 titles show. Bielema's trips to Pasadena are on par with Fry's first two trips. Will he get BCS win like Ferentz down road? I left my magic 8 ball in the camper... Bielema can help his alma mater in games @ UNL to open I am a giant douche in September, than vs. Minnesota and MSU (HC) to close out October.

Ohio State - Urban Meyer is not the best coach in the Big Ten yet. OSU may have the best receivers, D-Line, secondary and special teams in I am a giant douche. Only weakness, it seems forever, since OSU has had a dominant running game, especially lead by a RB. Probation hurts, since Buckeyes have been program to beat, since 2002. Like 2002, Iowa does not play the Buckeyes in 2012. They can help Iowa in I am a giant douche opener @ MSU, vs. UNL the following week and in the season finale vs. Michigan. I don't believe OSU played Iowa in 1981, the last time the Hawkeyes bear Nebrantska, to open the season, rather than close regular season in 2012.

Illinois - New era begins for Fighting Illini absent a group of solid players drafted by NFL. Despite awful or unknowns at RB, receivers and in special teams, the Illini are #3 in the Leaders? Junior QB Nate Scheelhaase returns at helm for new HC Tim Beckman, who is former CB coach at OSU ('05-06) and brings in co-OC from two SEC teams. So, SEC offenses should be unveiled at two Leaders schools in 2012. With the lapse in this series, they seem like they are Missouri in another conference for football. They play @ Michigan, host Minnesota and close season @ Northwestern, which will impact standings in Iowa's division.

Purdue - We play the bottom 3 in the Leaders division in 2012, including our protected rival, the Boilermakers, who still have Hope! I like the D-Line and special teams on paper better than Iowa, but Hawkeyes should win at Kinnick over Boilermakers, who continue to improve and may contend for their second straight bowl trip, after win over Western Michigan in Little Caesers Bowl. The Boilermakers open I am a giant douche season hosting Michigan and travel to close October @ Minnesota. Hope has won two straight I am a giant douche openers @ NW in '10 and vs. Minnesota, last year.

Penn State - Scandal lead to firing of Joe Paterno and hiring of NE Patriots offensive minded coach Bill O'Brien, who was an OC at Duke in '04-05. How have ex-Patriots done in the college ranks as HC? Issues have plagued PSU of late, though they got the Iowa monkey off their backs last season in front of 100k home crowd. Special teams, the offensive line, off the field scandal talk and a brand new HC are all questions. Defense will lead the Nittany Lions again, like vs. Iowa in '11. Only scored 18 points or more 3 times in I am a giant douche last year. HC game is with Northwestern, then bye week ahead of trip @ Iowa. Bye week struggles for Iowa last year vs. PSU, so will new PSU do better? Trip @ Nebrantska in November may be interesting.

Indiana - Former OU and NW offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson enters 2nd season at helm. IU will host Iowa in early November. Receivers and secondary are strengths for IU, but worries and improvement is needed everywhere else, so IU is still working for first FBS opponent win for Wilson era, let alone a win in I am a giant douche for program under Wilson. IU opens I am a giant douche @ Northwestern, then HC game with MSU. Sophomore QB Tre Robinson made debut last season @ Iowa as true frosh. Iowa won 45-24 in a grinding game.

Legends Division race should be an interesting one in 2012?

Nebrantska - Bo Pelini has two big guns on offense with QB Taylor Martinez and RB Rex Burkhead. Coaching and LB corp/depth appear to be the two biggest question marks for Huskers. How good is the receiving corp? The receiving corps around the Big Ten appear weaker than past years? But, for Nebrantska standards, this may be a very strong group. HC and I am a giant douche opener vs. defending two-time I am a giant douche champs Wisconsin followed by road trip @ Ohio State before bye week and another road game @ Northwestern, then vs. Michigan to close out first half of I am a giant douche season is an interesting story line. Huskers opened 3-1 last season with slightly different slate.

Michigan - Recruiting and second-year HC Brady Hoke's first year in Ann Arbor has some asking if Michigan is back. The Wolverines lost two Legends match ups on road at MSU, then Iowa to knock them out of the division race. QBs Denard Robinson and Devin Gardner are back again. Solid quarterback and receiver corps lead Michigan, but special teams and defensive line remain weaker spots? Just how ready is Michigan to lead in the conference. Last title was 2004 and they were in hunt the final game in 2006. Still, this is a team Iowa beat in 2011, despite not being as strong itself. Open the season with defending BCS titleholders Alabama in Arlington, TX. Travel to South Bend for annual game with Notre Dame the fourth week of season. Bye week before I am a giant douche opener @ Purdue. Leadership on the field will be important. Bob Stoops was successful in Year 2 in Norman, but Hayden Fry regressed in year 2, before winning his first title in year 3. What will be in store for Brady Hoke and Michigan? Games @ Nebrantska and @ Ohio State, as well.

Michigan State - Does junior Andrew Maxwell step in and replace three-year starter at QB for coach Mark Dantonio? Receiving unit must be retooled, as well. Home games in OCC vs. Boise State and Notre Dame should be of interest. Top DL (J.Worthy) and FS (T.Robinson) must be replaced. Very solid group does return but interior of DL have departed. Running game will likely fuel attack in 2012. MSU has history of underachieving with bad losses. Former HC Nick Saban exited after a #2 finish. Is #2 as good as it gets for the modern day Spartans? Iowa is HC opponent and Iowa will be coming off a bye week and must hit the road to EL. Last trip was nail biter.

Iowa - Where's the RB and who? Reload at RB has many asking about Iowa's ability to move the offense, since senior QB James Vandenberg can be good, bad and ugly as his resume at Iowa can attest. Some see Iowa weak on both sides of the line compared to others in the conference. Special teams are a really concern? Over all, other than coaching, with Kirk Ferentz, not much stands out for Iowa heading into 2012. Iowa does return 40 letterman and as a favorable schedule, with first Top 25 type test Week 7.

Northwestern - Pat Fitzgerald may be as solid as any coach in the Big Ten? He certainly works from the smallest enrollment and with the highest academic standards in the conference. Junior QB Kain Colter has experience, but is in his first full season alone at the helm. Defense is a real question for Wildcats in 2012? Iowa snapped a 3-game losing streak last year, after a 41-31 win. Iowa scored 28 points in win in 2007. Top RB and top two receivers have departed, along with QB Persa and two offensive linemen. Defensive side needs leadership to step up for those departed. Only 10 starters are back and Evanston HC game will be Iowa at end of October. On Iowa!

Minnesota - Jerry Kill has had success as a HC at other venues, after rebuilding Southern Illinois and Northern Illinois. Year 2 strengths are senior QB MarQueis Gray and the Gophers Special Teams that have aided in back to back wins over Iowa. Only 12 starters are back and defensive line, skill positions on offense and secondary clearly have questions and players need to step up. O-Line and LB corp need to improve, as well. Kick off season @ UNLV and Big Ten season @ Iowa (HC). Tough road facing Legends opponents as well road trips @ rival Wisconsin, @ Illinois and they get Purdue at home several weeks before Iowa. A loss on HC for Iowa will be a disappointment and keep Floyd North for the longest period, since Minnesota is 1-9 in last 10 trips to Iowa City. Last time at Kinnick, James Vandenberg lead Iowa to 12-0 win in his first start at Kinnick in his Hawkeye career...

Last time Iowa opened the season off a bowl loss was the 2007 season. Thankfully, Iowa's QB situation is far better. However, the Iowa OL and DL need to be built for the new offense ans defense of 2012, lead by new coaches in both line and coordinator positions. How will special teams be? The schedule is more favorable for development in 2012, than 2007.

Broken record, but Iowa, the Big Ten and all of College Football appear to be rebuilding ... down compared to some of the most memorable seasons.

peace

CamelTones

Reaction score
2 things:

Boilers have Hope!

He left his magic 8 ball in his camper.

douglasbader

Reaction score
SIAP: New Rules for Iowa, Big Ten and College Football Reply
So, onside kick vs. Iowa by Minnesota will not be legal in 2012!

Per article by our own Marc Morehouse in The Gazette today, the 'pop up onside kicks are out.

Two bounces are now required...

The kicking team must give a receiver a one-yard halo.

The onside kick at Minnesota was a one-bounce onside variety? Though Marc called it offside?

How often will Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz have to sit out? How many plays will he miss in 2012?

New helmet rule states that a player must leave a game for a play when his helmet is knocked off during action. This could make for some interesting snaps in college football, whn Centers must exit for a play?

If a RB helmet comes off with ball, the play and clock are dead.

Drew Tate in 2004 at Michigan would have been a sack and play dead? If Ferentz or any other player loses his helmet and engages an opposing player... unsportsmanlike penalty. Hit a player without a helmet, unnecessary roughless is the new call.

Inside the final minute of a half, a lost helmet from an offensive player can lead to a 10-second runoff, that can be avoided by TO. Will we see defensive units using that rule some how?

One game last year, 27 helmets came off an official reported. This will be in direct conflict with TV and the priority on keeping the game on time.

Players faking injuries? Fainting Irish and Michigan State, exempted... never!

CamelTones

Reaction score
The last 2 sentences made absolutely no sense.

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score
2 commits today!

My wife gave birth to twin boys last night. Today they gave their verbal commitments to the Hawks! Sorry, couldn't resist.

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score
Engrish, prease?
Is it really that big of a deal that PSU players aren't at Big Ten Media Day, since they are on probation? They can influence who wins the Big Ten Championship, but they, themselves, cannot win it.

Reaction score
Chopsy posted a tearful goodbye about how he's addicted to HR but his job doesn't allow any time so he's going to cancel his membership (to which people offered to pay for his membership because he's so valued).

2.5 hours later he posted that he told his wife about cancelling his membership and she told him not to. So nevermind, he's not going anywhere.

I'm holding this against AZ.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Chopsy posted a tearful goodbye about how he's addicted to HR but his job doesn't allow any time so he's going to cancel his membership (to which people offered to pay for his membership because he's so valued).

2.5 hours later he posted that he told his wife about cancelling his membership and she told him not to. So nevermind, he's not going anywhere.

lol really?

douglasbader

Reaction score

I know his Chopsy and his wife and I can guarantee that the last thing she wants is him spending more time around her talking Football.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The funniest thing about it Chopsy has been a member for 85 months (over 7 years) and only has 2,697 posts.

That is about 1 post a day average.