Cidsports!

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
That was a little muddled. People are suppressing their own enthusiasm that would otherwise exist? Or people like me are suppressing other people's enthusiasm that would otherwise exist?

In any event, if this program continues down its current path, I'd argue a clear and unmistakable absence of fan enthusiasm is exactly what it needs. And the clearer, the better. Those showing and promoting it really represent the greatest Iowa football patriots of all.

Bring it in.
+1

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
chopsy21

HR Heisman

But my former boss Steve Ryan (Head Football coach of #1 ranked NAIA Morningside College),

I just challenge all Iowa fans to fight Apathy by looking for something positive, something to look forward to.
Definition of Douchebag ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jayhawki

Doesn't Like the Cooking Forum
Reaction score
One would argue the definition of a douchebag would be a person that doesn't return their shopping carts.

;)

Reaction score
That was a little muddled. People are suppressing their own enthusiasm that would otherwise exist? Or people like me are suppressing other people's enthusiasm that would otherwise exist?

In any event, if this program continues down its current path, I'd argue a clear and unmistakable absence of fan enthusiasm is exactly what it needs. And the clearer, the better. Those showing and promoting it really represent the greatest Iowa football patriots of all.

Bring it in.
+1
When this happened with Steve Alford it only took Iowa about five years to realize it. Then they hired Todd The Criminal. I hope it ends different with football.

Reaction score

Bring it in.
Also, I will not be able to watch the game this weekend, and I don't give a fuck. I think that is the definition of apathy coming from a former ten year season-ticket holder.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Wifi would be nice... using the scoreboard for factoids and better information would be good. When I'm at home, all I'm doing is pulling info up from the internet. They should have people feeding the crowd stats or interviews, etc. Maybe even have the crowd tweet and display tweets on observations about the game. The North stand seats are so jam packed sometime its hard to feel great about anything going on. Using 50% of the jumbotron seems pretty ridiculous too... no other stadium I've been to uses their displays as poorly. Maybe they could hire someone to offer some sort of "psuedo" color commentary to offer insight into the game during commercial breaks... educate the fans about what's going on... make it more interactive and counter some of the mis-perceptions about the Iowa scheme and program.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
That is really bad.

douglasbader

Reaction score
That is very interesting coming from Brian. I think it's pretty clear someone higher up the food chain is concerned about the stadium atmosphere being a bit stale.

It's hard for me to really judge these sort of things on a personal level because I'm up in the press box and it's hard to get the stadium feel to it. Interested to hear from fans in the stands and if you guys think it's stale.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
cidsports

TheBluejayCafe.com
Post #29535
Cedar Rapids, Iowa (CID)
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore
Now, Iowa has the hard work ahead in next 3 weeks Reply
Iowa is 6-4, bowl eligible after an awful 4-8 season last year.

I have enjoyed Iowa Football, since 1974, under a remarkable three coaches. I don't count my first experience, since I wasn't an avid follower during FXL, but my one game I attended was at Purdue. So, a win at Purdue is always good, KF is 3-3 and that was the worse Purdue team he has ever faced at Iowa.

The next 3 seasons should be interesting, and I am counting the wrap up of 2013. By the way this is Kirk Ferentz's program together on the same page for once. He has re-established the Iowa coaching staff and at Iowa State, at Minnesota, at Ohio State and at Purdue has shown some outstanding work. Iowa is 3-1 on the road.

After the past three seasons, the majority of Hawkeye fans likely didn't have lot of faith in accomplishing a strong showing. By the way, Minnesota and IU are in Year 3, while Iowa is in Year 2 of rebuilding.

Iowa has plenty of work ahead. Iowa hasn't competed or been competitive at a high level, since 2009. Iowa came up short in 2009 at Ohio State. In the last 10 years, Iowa only finished 4-1 once on the road. That was 2009.

Finishing 4-1 would be one heck of accomplishment for this young Iowa team. Is anyone living who witnessed or was alive, when Iowa beat Nebrantska at Lincoln? Like major bowl games, J. Hayden Fry never accomplished it. Neither has KF, but the opportunity is ahead for Iowa in 2013.

By the way, over the last 10 years, Iowa has only finished below .500 in the Big Ten twice. The 2006 and 2012 seasons. Iowa finished 3-5 only once under Kirk Ferentz in 2000.

While everyone wants success each and every year, even Texas and OU find it isn't easy. Coaching at times can be simply, but 18-22 year olds are far from it. Getting 11 of them to gel and execute together isn't easy. Except for a hand full of teams, there are plenty of ups and downs.

This will be the third try under Kirk Ferentz, after losses in 2000 and 2011 at UNL. Iowa has two more I am a giant douche games after a much needed bye week.

Iowa has plenty of work ahead. Success at Kinnick Stadium has been lacking. Of course, Iowa played maybe 3 of their 4 best opponents at home and all had two weeks to prepare for Iowa.

Now, the shoe will be on the other foot. Michigan will get Iowa, after the Hawkeyes enjoy a bye week.

1999 0-8 Actually, the NW lost lead to replay in I am a giant douche games, since review would have changed the outcome.
2000 3-5 Iowa finished strong after KF first road win at PSU and first home win over MSU
2001 4-4 Iowa won first bowl game under KF
2002 8-0 Best I am a giant douche season ever by the Hawkeyes - OSU vs. IOWA - I like Iowa - only undefeated season ever under KF on road.
2003 5-3 Iowa was rebuilding, but finished strong with Jan 1 bowl win
2004 7-1 Iowa was without any sort of established running game, but again won a share of the Big Ten and the biggest bowl victory in Hawkeye history on final play!
2005 5-3 Iowa started to get a little gready, the at NW loss set in stone some bad karma for the Hawkeyes.
2006 2-6 Iowa faced an ugly rebuilding year, but nearly upset Texas in bowl game.
2007 4-4 Iowa didn't bowl, still stuck in rebuilding mode, and IU went over Iowa to a bowl.
2008 5-3 Iowa's rebuilding effort took hold and Iowa won a good bowl game over a soon to be up and coming South Carolina program.
2009 6-2 near miss in OT loss at OSU for Big Ten title. The BCS bowl win was nice finish.
2010 4-4 Iowa witnessed up and downs, UW loss at Kinnick to beating MSU at home the next week. Competitive games, but disappointing outcome. Nice bowl win over Missouri shouldn't be discounted. Attrition issues, due to injury, etc.
2011 4-4 Iowa opens I am a giant douche division play with a lackluster season, with attrition and youth issues. The OU loss in bowl game ... talent was missing.
2012 2-6 Iowa lost six straight games. They beat 2 bowl teams though early, but clearly the weakest senior class in any season under KF. Iowa hit rock bottom with a 27-24 loss at Kinnick vs. Purdue (fueling Boilermakers 3 game win streak and bowl bid).
2013 3-3, Iowa is on path for a 2000, 2001 or 2008 finish in the Big Ten, which is mark improvement over the 2012 ugly season.
2014 Iowa will be in the new I am a giant douche West Division with rivals Wisconsin, Illinois and Purdue all together again in the same division.

Iowa's recruuting isn't the worse right now, as some Iowa fans suggest. Iowa is often going to finish in the top half of the second division.

Recruiting at Michigan over past 3 seasons under Brady Hoke... wow!

Michigan State is leaving Iowa's division. It has been a great series.

Iowa didn't benefit from a Wisconsin schedule that includes Illinois, PSU and Indiana.

Both Iowa (3-3) and Minnesota (4-2) enjoy bye weeks this week. Iowa gets Michigan and at Nebrantska. Minnesota gets Wisconsin and at Michigan State.

Does Michigan State beat Nebrantska in Lincoln this week? Penn State hosts Nebrantska on Senior Day, which should be interesting.

It has been a good season for Iowa compared to 2006 and 2012. Iowa has become competitive and is taking care of business in all games they clearly should win. Yes, they lost to NIU in opener. It was a lot like the loss to ISU in 2002. You don't take care of business and play well, a good team will beat you.

Iowa is far from a completed product, but it is nice to see Iowa with an opportunity to close out the season with two more wins and a possibility of a good, competitive bowl opponent.

Congratulations to the senior class for the opportunity to go to your third bowl game in four seasons. Only the 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2011 teams did better.

While Iowa can't win the Big Ten this year, I am looking forward to the final two I am a giant douche games and an opportunity to finish strong, with hopefully a nice bowl game for the team.

On Iowa!

Reaction score
cidsports seems like he left school a few credits shy of an associate's.

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score
What were doing on 11/20/1943 after the Game?Reply It was 70 years ago, since that day in Lincoln.

It wasn't called the Heroes Game back then. But, like Notre Dame, 50 years ago, Iowa scheduled Nebrantska to close out the season.

8-4 and 5-3 in I am a giant douche would be a big step in the right direction on Black Friday. On Iowa!

Alabama, Nebrantska, Iowa, Arizona and Iowa State all won on Saturday. Oklahoma beat Kansas State. In two weeks, here's to Bob Stoops upsetting Okie State.

2013 has been an interesting season to date.

Michigan State vs. Ohio State... both could be 8-0. Coach of the Year clearly is Mark Dantonio this season with some young parts.

2014 will bring the New I am a giant douche West and East... Big Ten football will never be the same in football and basketball?

Nebrantska, Notre Dame filled the void, little brother wasn't playing nice, so Iowa State was dark, until 1977.

The Big Ten ended the series with Notre Damd basically. Like the old one bowl rule, they told Iowa to drop the November out of conference games.

In 1943, my Nebrantska family lived in Iowa already, so there were no Cornhuskers, just Hawkeyes, since he married a SW Iowa native.

I married a gal from the Cornhusker state, who is a Hawkeye or Panther fan, since she takes to the underdog I guess.

#1 Iowa vs. #2 Michigan... she became a Hawkeye that day at Kinnick.

I loved the 1981 season and the opener was special, very special. My parents and best man enjoyed the game. He began accompanying us much of that season, parents suggested we not break the W streak.

Kirk Ferentz has lead the Hawkeyes in two games in Lincoln as head coach. He is 0-2.

This is his best opportunity in three visits, when you compare the 2013 Hawkeyes to the 2000 and 2011 versions.

QB - Both teams are young, with first year starters.

RB - There is no senior Rex Burkhead for Nebrantska this year. Watching #8 fair to block on the QB draw was poor execution in Happy Valley. What a critical missed assignment. Iowa's three-man RB unit is deeper, than Nebrantska.

WR- Nebrantska looks banged up, better, but I would trade right now. T.Smith has more upside.

TE - Iowa will pass Wisconsin soon enough with the TE unit. Not impressed with Nebrantska young unit.

OL - This is the definition of an Iowa offensive unit. If Iowa has good line play, they are a good Iowa team. Without it, Iowa fans are going through a long season. Though, you always need a game manager at QB. Nebrantska is a MASH unit in O-Line.

DL - Over the last couple seasons, both teams units have been suspect. Neither is Michigan State, but they are key elements in success as Blackshirts or Hawkeyes. Iowa's front 7 is far more experienced than Nebrantska.

LB - Iowa has 3 seniors. This game is like Iowa State and Minnesota. The team with better LB unit won. Iowa didn't have a better front 7 in losses to MSU and Wisconsin. Ohio State had better skilled players. Nebrantska is young and Nebrantska fans are very impatient and actually Bo Pelini is having one of his better seasons as a coaching staff.

DB - Both are serviceable, lead by CB play. Who makes the interceptions? Each team has 4 interceptions in I am a giant douche play, but both teams lead the Big Ten in pass defense. Nebrantska feeds off pressuring QB, while Iowa plays a pretty straight up defense, with an occasional blitz. While we have seen the Raider package, it has been more disruptive, than Wisconsin last year garnering negative yards.

Nebrantska lost 32 letter winners from last year. Then look at the injuries they have dealt with. Iowa has had the healthiest season during KF's 15 years at Iowa.

Three has been a good word for Iowa. At Iowa State, vs. Western Michigan and at Minnesota... three has been the charm in the third game.

Iowa will likely not be favored? Nebrantska is supposed to win. Iowa has not upset anyone this season.

Black Friday should be the first of two wins against teams favored for the 2013 Hawkeyes.

peacePosted from wireless.rivals.com

11/24 10:07 AM | IP: Logged

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
This must change on Friday? Reply
Nebrantska has limited Iowa to 14 points or fewer the last seven meetings.

1-7 in my lifetime and in 1981 they held Iowa to 10, but only scored 7.

23 points would have won the past two meetings. Iowa has scored 23 or more points in every road game this season.

Iowa has won 6 times vs. Nebrantska in his lifetime. 2 and 7 sounds better!

peace
Who is he talking about there? Kirk? Regardless, what a derelict.

Reaction score
He's posting the same nonsense on the Nebrantska rivals board.

great, every fan base is going to think Iowa fans are like CID

douglasbader

Reaction score
I want to fucking punch him in the throat.

TomKakert

ADMIN
Post #40034
Davenport, IA.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore
Battle for Atlantis Blog Reply
Well, I have the difficult assignment this week to cover the Iowa Basketball team at the Battle for Atlantis.:)

Flew down this morning on the team charter and that's the way to travel. Get on the plane and get to your destination.

Brought my family along, so that's a bit of a new experience on these sort of trips. Should be a of fun, but they know it's a business trip for me and I will have work to do.

We arrived down there about 1 30 local time (eastern). Took a while to get through customs and then get to Atlantis. The Iowa team went directly from getting through customs to practice at a local gym. Then they arrived at the resort and had dinner and a team meeting with the coaches. Pretty standard stuff.

Tomorrow the Iowa team will have a practice here at Atlantis and then a shootaround on the actual court. I"ll get a look at the ballroom that has been turned into a gym tomorrow. I;m guessing it;s a bit of an upgrade from last year in Cancun, which wasn't much more than hauling in some bleachers and putting a floor down to play on. We will be speaking with Fran and a few of the players tomorrow after practice.

Great group of Iowa fans that flew down with the team this morning. Plane was sold out and the most people took a nap since we had to be at the airport pretty early in the morning. Will be interesting leaving on Saturday because we are literally flying back right after that game with team. If they do end up playing Kansas on Saturday in the championship game, it's going to be a late night since that game doesn't tip until 9 30 local time.

Speaking of Kansas, man there are a lot of Jayhawk fans down here. I was told three charter jets out of KC today came down here and they were all full. If I were to rank the fanbase representation down here it"s Kansas by a big margin. Iowa by a big margin over the third highest number of fans and I'm honestly not sure who I would list 3rd Maybe Villanova or UTEP.

Another interesting note, Xavier and Tennessee flew down on a charter together to cut costs.

Will have more actual news tomorrow afternoon once we get to speak with Fran and a few players.

Team seems very relaxed and in good spirits. Like their demeanor.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I want to fucking punch him in the throat.

TomKakert

ADMIN
Post #40034
Davenport, IA.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore
Battle for Atlantis Blog Reply
Well, I have the difficult assignment this week to cover the Iowa Basketball team at the Battle for Atlantis.:)

Flew down this morning on the team charter and that's the way to travel. Get on the plane and get to your destination.

Brought my family along, so that's a bit of a new experience on these sort of trips. Should be a of fun, but they know it's a business trip for me and I will have work to do.

We arrived down there about 1 30 local time (eastern). Took a while to get through customs and then get to Atlantis. The Iowa team went directly from getting through customs to practice at a local gym. Then they arrived at the resort and had dinner and a team meeting with the coaches. Pretty standard stuff.

Tomorrow the Iowa team will have a practice here at Atlantis and then a shootaround on the actual court. I"ll get a look at the ballroom that has been turned into a gym tomorrow. I;m guessing it;s a bit of an upgrade from last year in Cancun, which wasn't much more than hauling in some bleachers and putting a floor down to play on. We will be speaking with Fran and a few of the players tomorrow after practice.

Great group of Iowa fans that flew down with the team this morning. Plane was sold out and the most people took a nap since we had to be at the airport pretty early in the morning. Will be interesting leaving on Saturday because we are literally flying back right after that game with team. If they do end up playing Kansas on Saturday in the championship game, it's going to be a late night since that game doesn't tip until 9 30 local time.

Speaking of Kansas, man there are a lot of Jayhawk fans down here. I was told three charter jets out of KC today came down here and they were all full. If I were to rank the fanbase representation down here it"s Kansas by a big margin. Iowa by a big margin over the third highest number of fans and I'm honestly not sure who I would list 3rd Maybe Villanova or UTEP.

Another interesting note, Xavier and Tennessee flew down on a charter together to cut costs.

Will have more actual news tomorrow afternoon once we get to speak with Fran and a few players.

Team seems very relaxed and in good spirits. Like their demeanor.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
So infuriating.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted here, but apparently he's back for more:

Nile Kinnick Knapp He's back! Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Rock Knapp, in 2008 I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and Amyloidosis - both terminal diseases and I was given less than a year to live. Well, here I sit 5 1/2 years later still in remission! I am still terminal but I reckon you are, too! I just live each day to the fullest, trusting God to superintend over my number of days as well as living out the purposes for which He continues to allow me to honor with my best efforts. Anyway, to anyone who remembers me or prayed for me...thank you! My son Nile Kinnick Knapp was the number 2 rusher in Georgia his senior year. He had 2,160 yards rushing and 33 TD's. His 4 year varsity career saw his final numbers fall less than 100 yards short of Herschel Walker's all-time record. Nile end his career with 6,160 and 87 TD's...yea, not too shabby. He is the best back I coached in my 30 year career. I had them sign with Miami, Notre Dame, Stanford, Auburn, etc. Did Iowa recruit him? Nope. You tell me...go to Youtube...go to "Nile Knapp Senior Highlights" Anyway, he has stayed in the weightroom these past 3 years and still does his speed work 3 days a week, too. He has decided to make another run at it. He is enrolled to attend Iowa Western Community College in January. I know 3 of the coaches there (either worked together in the CFL or were assistants of mine in high school). He wants to play there and then transfer to Iowa. He has made it very clear ---- he WILL run through the tunnel at Kinnick. I believe he can. Keep an eye peeled Hawkeye brethren, I plan on living long enough to see it, hope you'll be pulling for him, too! Go Hawks, beat Michigan!

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I found this part amusing:

He is the best back I coached in my 30 year career. I had them sign with Miami, Notre Dame, Stanford, Auburn, etc. Did Iowa recruit him? Nope.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
RUDY!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Rock Knapp, in 2008 I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and Amyloidosis - both terminal diseases and I was given less than a year to live. Well, here I sit 5 1/2 years later still in remission! I am still terminal but I reckon you are, too! I just live each day to the fullest, trusting God to superintend over my number of days as well as living out the purposes for which He continues to allow me to honor with my best efforts. Anyway, to anyone who remembers me or prayed for me...thank you! My son Nile Kinnick Knapp was the number 2 rusher in Georgia his senior year. He had 2,160 yards rushing and 33 TD's. His 4 year varsity career saw his final numbers fall less than 100 yards short of Herschel Walker's all-time record. Nile end his career with 6,160 and 87 TD's...yea, not too shabby. He is the best back I coached in my 30 year career. I had them sign with Miami, Notre Dame, Stanford, Auburn, etc. Did Iowa recruit him? Nope. You tell me...go to Youtube...go to "Nile Knapp Senior Highlights" Anyway, he has stayed in the weightroom these past 3 years and still does his speed work 3 days a week, too. He has decided to make another run at it. He is enrolled to attend Iowa Western Community College in January. I know 3 of the coaches there (either worked together in the CFL or were assistants of mine in high school). He wants to play there and then transfer to Iowa. He has made it very clear ---- he WILL run through the tunnel at Kinnick. I believe he can. Keep an eye peeled Hawkeye brethren, I plan on living long enough to see it, hope you'll be pulling for him, too! Go Hawks, beat Michigan!

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
RUDY!!!!!!!

If I remember correctly, Legend worked over this nut sack pretty well.

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
That's correct. Legend was really outstanding at peering into the souls of other people to find their hidden flaws, then exposing them for all to see.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I remember how many dorks wanted Iowa to offer this kid.

Monster

Reaction score
C'mon Mikey! His kid is named Nile Kinnick!

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
The uncle rico vibe is strong in that post.

Reaction score
I know it's not uncommon and makes sense when covering sports team abroad, but I still think it's sketchy when media travels on a team charter.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I know it's not uncommon and makes sense when covering sports team abroad, but I still think it's sketchy when media travels on a team charter.
Do you think it is sketchy when the entire press travels on Air Force One?

Reaction score
Do you think it is sketchy when the entire press travels on Air Force One?
can't find the picture of media members swooning for obama when he entered the press section of a plane so I'm just going to have to answer "yes". I do think there is a bit more freedom for access and the like, while politics/government matter more there are too many sources/reporters/outlets to completely control the message the way a team/athletic department can.

Last edited:

douglasbader

Reaction score
I love that he thinks he can still not only go to JUCO, but then walk-on at Iowa ignoring NCAA eligibility. Given that his kid attended college back in 2009, his clock is out as of this season.

Sounds like from the comments that he is a shady guy and a flat out liar.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
Thought same thing

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Vodka Sam will see more of the field at Kinnick than that whack job's son.

Reaction score
I love that he thinks he can still not only go to JUCO, but then walk-on at Iowa ignoring NCAA eligibility. Given that his kid attended college back in 2009, his clock is out as of this season.

Where did this kid go out of HS and was he worth a shit?

Monster

Reaction score
Could he claim some injury to get a waiver?

Monster

Reaction score
Well, could he?

Halo aids.

Last edited:

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score

Where did this kid go out of HS and was he worth a shit?
Lindenwood in Missouri or something like that.

Reaction score
I sure hope Fran isn't too windy with his post-game presser. Kakert has to help his kids with their homework.

douglasbader

Reaction score
ernie72

HR All-American
Post #1435

MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore
Re: Bowl gallery pics up Reply

Pic number 11 I found pretty interesting. To me it looks like Rudock's ball rotation is outside/in as it appears in the picture. Not having played the quarterback position but comparing it to some of the baseball knowledge I may have had at one time...it seems unnatural. I'm interested in what some others think about this.