Cidsports!

foxhawks

Doesn't wash his butthole last
Reaction score
ernie72 HR All-American Post #1435 MyFanPage Add Buddy Ignore Re: Bowl gallery pics up Reply Pic number 11 I found pretty interesting. To me it looks like Rudock's ball rotation is outside/in as it appears in the picture. Not having played the quarterback position but comparing it to some of the baseball knowledge I may have had at one time...it seems unnatural. I'm interested in what some others think about this.
WTF

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
hawkiluvr

Post #302
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore
OT- life size signed matt roth framed poster in twin cities for sale Reply
$300

email me if interested please
hawkiluvr@gmail.com

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
ernie should kill himself, or at least stop following sports

Reaction score
I guess he posted this in the lounge earlier today.

The Iowa model working at I am a giant douche schools...

J.Hayden Fry and Kirk Ferentz ...

Schools are following the model at Iowa established by Fry and Ferentz.

How many programs have witnessed a revolving door with head coaches, since 1979?

Maybe a handful have not ... Virginia Tech may be one.

Michigan State Dantonio is an example of following the Iowa model.

Northwestern in the 1990s under Barnett and they follow it today under Fitzgerald.

It starts with quality coaches. Recruiting is essential. But, the Big 2 is still the Big 2 in the Big Ten, but they don't win it every year.

In the last three seasons under Division play, OSU has one game and Michigan was not in the picture.

Dr. Tom Davis brought Iowa NCAA births, but no titles. He was a product of the pre-Big Ten Tourney. Did he ever win a BTT game.

Since 1974, Jon Gruden's mirror of Iowa. We have had three coaches.

Bob Cummings deserves credit for identifying two quality assistants. Actually, other became successful NFL coaches. Andre Tipppett was placed at a JC was he not by the Iowa Staff?

J. Hayden Fry had a better base of talent arriving in 1978, then exiting in 1998.

IOWA was awful in 2012. Auburn wasn't any better. Iowa wasn't two seasons removed from a SEC title or BCS title.

Can Iowa beat LSU? Who will play better will likely determine the answer, as Mike Hlas column shared.

Can Iowa win a Big Ten West Division Title in the next couple years?

Ferentz legacy will be measured by the Big Ten Title Game and likely another BCS game... oops, those aren't around anymore, so let us say another Big Ten title and maybe a long awaited birth in the Rose Bowl.

Michigan State just did it coming off a 7-6 season, which included a loss to a 4-8 Iowa team at home. It was kinda like Bill Snyder and his team's loss to open season vs. a solid North Dakota State.

The family is still together at Iowa and it is December 29th ... that is a Joy, if you are a Hawkeye Fan.

It beats what many fans suffer through. It beats last season.

Reaction score
Obviously not cid but there was an awesome post in the Lounge by SuperSK today:

I think this would be an optimum lineup along our offensive line: Ward, Donnal, Blythe, Walsh and Scherff. It starts Ward at his future position and moves our best lineman to showcase his versatility and balances our run blocking. I know, I know, why move Scherff to the right ?? Well, we're gonna need a really good left tackle after next year. Ward is a four star who was brought in because of his feet and pass blocking skills. Let's move him now. Plus, at right tackle, we line up Scherff next to Walsh while on the other side Donnal sits next to Ward to balance out our seniors. Just trying to maximize our OL strength while playing our seniors on both sides.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Balance is very important to seniors. And easily lost.

Reaction score

I think this would be an optimum lineup along our offensive line: Ward, Donnal, Blythe, Walsh and Scherff. It starts Ward at his future position and moves our best lineman to showcase his versatility and balances our run blocking. I know, I know, why move Scherff to the right ?? Well, we're gonna need a really good left tackle after next year. Ward is a four star who was brought in because of his feet and pass blocking skills. Let's move him now. Plus, at right tackle, we line up Scherff next to Walsh while on the other side Donnal sits next to Ward to balance out our seniors. Just trying to maximize our OL strength while playing our seniors on both sides.

Gushawk

Reaction score

CJ Beathard approves of us giving this a whirl.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I would be surprised if Ward is even at RT. I think it will end up being Donnal with Ward at guard.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Swagsurfer02

Is Basabe an NBA player?

I think he's played well as of late. Had a very good freshman year and kind of bit a slump his sophomore year. Junior year he played solid. So far he's been pretty darn good.

I was thinking about who we have that are NBA caliber. Marble will get drafted, possibly White, Gabe, and Uthoff as well. Then I got to Melsaun, I'm not sure if he's tall enough for his position. What say you?

Reaction score
He's only an NBA player if he finds a supporting role and sticks with it.

I do think our guards over the last couple of years have been terrible at getting the ball into the post. I've noticed many times this season and last season in which Basabe had position on the defender but no attempt was taken to get him the ball. Just a minor observation really....

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

I do think our guards over the last couple of years have been terrible at getting the ball into the post. I've noticed many times this season and last season in which Basabe had position on the defender but no attempt was taken to get him the ball. Just a minor observation really....
lol, what idiot from TOS said that.

Reaction score

Not from a website. Paraphrasing what an NCAA basketball coach with 150 wins to his name told me 2 weeks ago. Was interesting to hear anyways...

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score

Not from a website. Paraphrasing what an NCAA basketball coach with 150 wins to his name told me 2 weeks ago. Was interesting to hear anyways...

I'll help you out, since it is your birthday this weekend. Basabe is way too fucking small to play in the NBA with his skill-set, you fucking stupid, fat, d-bag.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I'll help you out, since it is your birthday this weekend. Basabe is way too fucking small to play in the NBA with his skill-set, you fucking retarded, fat, cock sucking, faggot.

Like Reggie Evans small?

Why do you think he said his only chance was as a role player?

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Don't do it, boys.

Gushawk

Reaction score
Mel shoulda hit the vitamin s if that was the plan. And I'm still not sure he has the attitude.

douglasbader

Reaction score
bought tickets to the Illini game!!!Reply
I'm really excited. Just bought two tickets on stubhub for the final home game of the year!!! This is the only game I can attend this year...unless they get placed in St. Louis for the tourney. Can't wait!!! Go Hawks!!!

Reaction score
Cid with a .... I just don't know

OP re: Nelson
Interesting comment from KF about him being considered one of the best TE prospects in the country by another high profile school (guessing Stanford). Seems like people think he's athletic enough to play in a little more space than an OT, so my guess is unless he just gets really big really quick, he'll be a DE or TE.

Cid's reply:

Riley Rieff II or will he play elsewhere?

We shall see or what was Phillip Seymour Hoffman's response in Charlie Wilson's War.

peace

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Cid with a .... I just don't know

OP re: Nelson
Interesting comment from KF about him being considered one of the best TE prospects in the country by another high profile school (guessing Stanford). Seems like people think he's athletic enough to play in a little more space than an OT, so my guess is unless he just gets really big really quick, he'll be a DE or TE.

Cid's reply:

Riley Rieff II or will he play elsewhere?

We shall see or what was Phillip Seymour Hoffman's response in Charlie Wilson's War.

peace
I honestly think the student my boss just hired and assigned to me might be CID.

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
For all of CID's idiosyncrasies, he's a first-rate Hawk fan who would be fun to chat with.

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score

TheBluejayCafe.com
Post #30627
Cedar Rapids, Iowa (CID)
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore
Iowa vs. Iowa State ... Iowa PressReply

My first strong memories of Iowa Football were 1974. ISU game was irrelevant.

The series didn't exist.

OK Henderson is right the 1977 renewal was something to enjoy.

The series didn't seem to awake until the 2002 game. ISU delivered.

It is about competing for a Big Ten title and maybe a chance to be in the NCAA picture?

The series will continue as long as Big Ten or Big 12 want the series.

Wow, ESPN and/or Fox stopped Louisville being a Big 12 program. I doubt the selection of Maryland and Rutgers was a decision TV had any say?

Tough loss for Big 12.

Football is tougher due to demographics. Can't argue. Oregon though has big factor and not mentioned by Pollard.

People are important. Agree, indeed.

Northwestern unionizing? Paying players. Barta is right, players are not employees.

Should tennis players be paid, in deemed employees?

Debt free education. Agree, student-athletes treated well in State of Iowa at UIowa and ISU.

Barta says he is opinionated over 30 years. Market creates salaries for coaches. Iowa is 100% revenue supported at Iowa. Not for profit competing in market place.

Balance of winning and graduating.

Pollard talks facilities and must pay market

$115 million economic development for 7 home games into Iowa City.

Iowa will not add sports unless performance improves else where. Iowa doesn't want to drop. Promise wrestling remains, but trends impact programs.

Pollard says no to baseball.

Is ISU 100% self sufficient as Pollard says now? Congratulations to ISU.

Final question was Marcus Smart. Something triggered it as Pollard said, environment on road has reach unacceptable territory. Mob mentality.

Fran at Wisconsin. Good example for the State of Iowa.

Fran is passionate and Barta said he wasn't harsh.

Michael Sam is gay. Not a big deal.

Okie State or Mizzu gay student ... took a whole season to come out! Good for athletics.

Passion for College Athletics.

Big Ten attendance in College Basketball is up! Not talked about on Iowa Press, but Iowa's improvements can't hurt this fact.

While some Iowa fans envy Wisconsin or Nebrantska's OOC games in football, Iowa vs. Iowa State isn't going away.

IOWA isn't going to get SEC games very likely either. State of Iowa ... good program.

Now, lets find a way to win the I am a giant douche West, which is what really matters and play for I am a giant douche Football titles in Indianapolis.

peace
Posted from wireless.rivals.com

douglasbader

Reaction score
I always imagine that CID's house is like John Doe's apartment in Se7en with all of his thoughts poured out onto notebooks in no discernible order.

Gushawk

Reaction score
That guy definitely is diagnosable.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I liked Dana Altman instead of Todd The Criminal. He appeared to want the Iowa job. Down on not getting the Iowa job... he jumped at Arkansas... only to return to Creighton after his unsettling experience with Big Soohe!

He is doing very well at Oregon.

Iowa made a good choice with Fran McCaffery. He is having ups and downs, but time hopefully will pay dividends.
Oh, CID.

CamelTones

Reaction score
I liked Dana Altman instead of Todd The Criminal. He appeared to want the Iowa job. Down on not getting the Iowa job... he jumped at Arkansas... only to return to Creighton after his unsettling experience with Big Soohe!

He is doing very well at Oregon.

Iowa made a good choice with Fran McCaffery. He is having ups and downs, but time hopefully will pay dividends.
Oh, CID.
I would estimate that half of CID's posts on TOS are about Altman.

Reaction score
Ralph, Dick, Lute, George, Dr. Tom, Steve, Lick and FranReply
This season resembles 1982, as one thread poster pointed out recently.

The past 4 years have allowed me to witness some of the best basketball, non-Iowa related in my lifetime.

I hope Fran can succeed. It took Lute a while to get Iowa successful. 1975 to 1979 ...

Iowa from 1999 to 2010 saw some good (1 NCAA win), bad (loss to Northwestern State) and ugly (PP, Alford and Lick).

The Dance needs Iowa consistently involved. Dr. Tom created a good baseline for Iowa.

1979 was a long time ago. The Final 4 of 1980 was special.

Iowa has some parts, but the sum of the parts are not complete. The Big Ten coaches have figured Iowa out this year.

There has been some great basketball played. Northwestern played an outstanding game in the BTT First Round vs. IOWA. Hats off to coach Chris Collins and the Wildcats.

Fran, Kirk and the coaching staff ... how good are they?

The three seniors ... what will you do with your final opportunity.

Eric May was brilliant as a senior. Matt Gatens was good, as well. Neither lead Iowa anywhere close to the NCAA. It was only the NIT.

D. Roy Marble has grown nicely over four years. He will likely play in the first NCAA tournament for Iowa in two Hawkeye generations (8 years).

Can he will his teammates to step up.

It has been a tough road for Mel Basabe and Zach McCabe.

Here's to Fran, D-Roy, Mel and Zach getting to the Dance together. Get a win. The last win needs to pass and be overcome. It will also end the two game losing streak in the NCAA Tournament (Cincinnati and Northwestern State).

I am looking forward to March Madness and 2014-15. But, lets have some more joy in 2014 before next season.

peace

Reaction score
Page 1

Views: 448, Replies: 5 Thread Tools
Rate Thread
Display Options

Previous Topic | Next Topic | Back to Topics

HR King
Post #15324
Nashville, TN...... By Way Of West Des Moines
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore
Looks Like A LB Scholarship Opens Up At WiskyReply

Appears to be one of their top flight recruits.

Link: Unordered Room Service
Just A Foot Soldier In God's Hawkeye Army
3/18 5:02 AM | IP: Logged

HR All-American
Post #1281
Indianola via Iowa City via Indianola
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore
Re: Looks Like A LB Scholarship Opens Up At WiskyReply
What an A-hole. Hope they lock him up and throw away the key.

"We're going to foul up once in a while, but people need to know we don't do it on purpose. Playing the game with integrity-that's what it's all about." - Hayden Fry Posted on 3/18 5:47 AM | IP: Logged

TheBluejayCafe.com
Post #30919
Cedar Rapids, Iowa (CID)
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore
Iowa has been dealing with sexual assault issues this past school year. How long will he be suspended from campus?

Any one think he will ever enroll at Wisconsin?
Posted from wireless.rivals.comPosted on 3/18 7:48 AM | IP: Logged

HR King
Post #26264
Eden Prairie MN
MyFanPage
Find Buddy
Re: Looks Like A LB Scholarship Opens Up At WiskyEdit | Reply

LoL
Posted from Rivals Mobile

3/18 7:51 AM | IP: Logged

Post #666
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore

Originally posted by cidsports:
Iowa has been dealing with sexual assault issues this past school year. How long will he be suspended from campus?

Any one think he will ever enroll at Wisconsin?

Grenade...! 3/18 8:02 AM | IP: Logged

CamelTones

Reaction score
Ralph, Dick, Lute, George, Dr. Tom, Steve, Lick and FranReply
This season resembles 1982, as one thread poster pointed out recently.

The past 4 years have allowed me to witness some of the best basketball, non-Iowa related in my lifetime.

I hope Fran can succeed. It took Lute a while to get Iowa successful. 1975 to 1979 ...

Iowa from 1999 to 2010 saw some good (1 NCAA win), bad (loss to Northwestern State) and ugly (PP, Alford and Lick).

The Dance needs Iowa consistently involved. Dr. Tom created a good baseline for Iowa.

1979 was a long time ago. The Final 4 of 1980 was special.

Iowa has some parts, but the sum of the parts are not complete. The Big Ten coaches have figured Iowa out this year.

There has been some great basketball played. Northwestern played an outstanding game in the BTT First Round vs. IOWA. Hats off to coach Chris Collins and the Wildcats.

Fran, Kirk and the coaching staff ... how good are they?

The three seniors ... what will you do with your final opportunity.

Eric May was brilliant as a senior. Matt Gatens was good, as well. Neither lead Iowa anywhere close to the NCAA. It was only the NIT.

D. Roy Marble has grown nicely over four years. He will likely play in the first NCAA tournament for Iowa in two Hawkeye generations (8 years).

Can he will his teammates to step up.

It has been a tough road for Mel Basabe and Zach McCabe.

Here's to Fran, D-Roy, Mel and Zach getting to the Dance together. Get a win. The last win needs to pass and be overcome. It will also end the two game losing streak in the NCAA Tournament (Cincinnati and Northwestern State).

I am looking forward to March Madness and 2014-15. But, lets have some more joy in 2014 before next season.

peace
It's a 3 game losing streak.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Re: AAU Updates from Milwaukee Swish & DishReply
OK, I have officially OD'd on recruiting information. That is not a bad thing. My full endorsement , recommendation, and all around support for all eternity goes to Hawkeye Report and Tom Kakert (And I take back having once said I didn't think he knew anything about basketball. I generally don't trust a two sport guy, but Tom has shown he can handle the load.)

Hawkeye basketball fans that haven't signed up for the CHEAP premier service are missing some of the best inside information on recruiting that can be found. I once worked for the U of I, in a department where inside information was a given. But even that was given to gossip and for each solid lead, a false path would emerge. Not so with Hawkeye Report. You know when you read it here, it has been vetted and is accurate.

And while I'm tossing out endorsements:

I'll bet the folks back in the U of I's (redacted by me) Department are amazed as all the paperwork having to do with (redacted by me) comes across their desk showing the hard work and effort coming from Coach McCaffery and Staff!!!!!!

Coming Soon to the lips of basketball recruits across the Midwest. Hawkeye Basketball Throwback! Real Coaches, Real Team, Real Good! 170 calories per can. You recruits have worked hard enough! Come and get yourself a drink and find out what the "Ya-hooo" is all about!!!

You, Santos!...one of the best Hospitals in the WORLD awaits! Take a drink, cure your foot! Watson! Every point guard needs guys to dish to, and back him up on defense! How about an athletic Brandon Hutton on your wing? Stops 'em cold, gets you the ball, and the break is on! Come and take a drink!

Hawkeye Basketball Throwback, for Extreme Athletes only!

Gushawk

Reaction score
Now that's a satisfied customer. In your face, McFadden and fox.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
There are a ton of calories in this Hawkeye Basketball Throwback drink. Must be why it is limited to extreme athletes only.

But seriously, that is one of the weirdest and most lame things I have ever seen posted.

CamelTones

Reaction score
That was about as awkward as it gets.

Gushawk

Reaction score
I wonder what Kakert thought reading that...Pride? Gross?