Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Bball min. as of todayReply

C- Woody 25 , Gabe 15
PF- Spackle 30 , Gabe 10
SF- Uht 25 , Jok 10 , Uhl 5
SG- Ogle 20 , Mike 10 , Jok 10
PG- Trey 20 , Mike 15 , Sapp 5

~ If bigs get in foul trouble Uht's gonna see a lot of PF. Beef that boy up now!.
~ Don't see any mins. for another 2 guard. Redshirt?
~ Poor Sapp , Love the guy. Great insurance against injury.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Great defensive players have great eyes. Mike Singletary, meet Brandon Hutton. Imagine seeing that face when you are trying to bring the ball up the court. Makes me want to just hand the ball to him, "Alright! Alright! I know you know what I did last summer!"

The art of intimidation. He could heckle a comedian without saying a word!

"I'm not going to be in town that weekend, but I'll buy ten ScoutO'Rhama tickets...ok? Alright, twenty! Ok? OK? Oh, honey! Came talk to this kid!"

"The court finds you....not me, the jury, it wasn't me....what, now they say it wasn't them...ok, you can go, nothing special going on here."

"These aren't the Droids we're looking for, move along!"

Female voice, "You are such a great listener! Most guys don't get it, but I can tell you are focused on me! I know we just met but....(And he does that...on the phone!")

Between"The Future Most Interesting Man in the World, Trey Dickerson, to the "Art of Intimidation", Brandon Hutton....McCaffery has really tapped into the mutants for basketball players. We might as well call them the "X-Men"!

Editing for more thoughts again. I don't have a nickname for Uhl yet...but when I think of him I sing to myself, "Under the radar and over the rim, into the lane we go! Uhl knows the way to score today...but the defense doesn't even know, Oh!" And in Ellingson's case it is simple......."Incoming!"

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Great defensive players have great eyes. Mike Singletary, meet Brandon Hutton. Imagine seeing that face when you are trying to bring the ball up the court. Makes me want to just hand the ball to him, "Alright! Alright! I know you know what I did last summer!"

The art of intimidation. He could heckle a comedian without saying a word!

"I'm not going to be in town that weekend, but I'll buy ten ScoutO'Rhama tickets...ok? Alright, twenty! Ok? OK? Oh, honey! Came talk to this kid!"

"The court finds you....not me, the jury, it wasn't me....what, now they say it wasn't them...ok, you can go, nothing special going on here."

"These aren't the Droids we're looking for, move along!"

Female voice, "You are such a great listener! Most guys don't get it, but I can tell you are focused on me! I know we just met but....(And he does that...on the phone!")

Between"The Future Most Interesting Man in the World, Trey Dickerson, to the "Art of Intimidation", Brandon Hutton....McCaffery has really tapped into the mutants for basketball players. We might as well call them the "X-Men"!

Editing for more thoughts again. I don't have a nickname for Uhl yet...but when I think of him I sing to myself, "Under the radar and over the rim, into the lane we go! Uhl knows the way to score today...but the defense doesn't even know, Oh!" And in Ellingson's case it is simple......."Incoming!"
What. The. Fuck.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
That shit has to be intentional.

Reaction score
"He turned from his most recent object of interest, still clutching the handle of the magnifier so that for a moment I could see his eye at ten times the actual size. It was red, cloudy such that I could see that severe morphine addiction still held a grip on Holmes. Then he swung the glass away and spoke in a surprised voice, as if catching the meaning of what he was saying just as he was saying it, "Watson! A clue! This Meyer fellow has changed his prediction again! Certainly at such a late date, he must have information!"

"Perhaps, Holmes, but we are running out of time! Tomorrow all will be revealed and we will never stop Moriarty from sucking the ultimate chaotic energy from college sports and using it in his world destroying weapon! If we can't make sense of Atwood's decision the world as we know it may end!" I don't know if the World's Greatest Detective even heard me as he had already returned to the glowing light of his laptop.

He was lighting his bent pipe, staring at the screen, when suddenly he proclaimed, "I shall twitter this Meyer fellow myself!"

From an employee of the library, "Sir, there is no smoking in the...

I bashed at his chest with my cane. The forth swing caught his throat and he started choking. "Don't interrupt the mighty Holmes!" The servant ran and I knew that in moments law enforcement would be set on us, on us! The very heroes trying to save the planet, being chased by the law once again!! "

"That's a good chap, my friend.", said Holmes, "But I need a moment longer, can you provide a distraction?"

It didn't take another request, I was off! Shouting back, "I'll meet you at the car!" I ran shouting through the halls of the library, removing my clothing and tossing it about. I had securities attention and knew I was buying Sherlock the time he needed. Eventually, out of breath and down to nothing but my black socks, Oxford's and bowler, I circled a table filled with seated and aghast sorority girls three times, giving the guards a merry chase! I dropped my hat on the head of a pretty lass and made my escape out an emergency door just as circumstances were, Holmes was exiting the front of the building.

We met at the car. As Holmes drove, "Doctor, I contacted Meyer. As it turns out, he got his information from a friend who knows an ASU assistant who might have said something about reading on the internet that Atwood is leaning to picking Arizona State! I tracked down that link and it came from someone at 247 that heard Meyer was considering changing his prediction! As it turns out, after six various degrees of separation, Meyer changed his prediction based on information that someone was going to change his prediction and that someone turns out to be him!"

"Ghastly!", I exclaimed, "There is no stopping Moriarty now! He'll use the power this chaos creates to fuel his dreadful machine!" I was enjoying a most delightful verbal panic when I noticed Holmes had calmly pulled into the driver's access at Taco Bell. I also noticed I was still rather under dressed.

We sat in the car at City Park, enjoying the ten for ten dollars tacos and large drinks. Holmes was so calm, and this disturbed me in such a way, I that I regretted having left my beating cane at the library. Finally, I got up the nerve to ask, "Enjoying a last meal before the end of the world are we than?"

"Not so, Watson", said Holmes, "Don't you see? We've discovered the inevitable constant of college basketball recruiting. The one thing that purifies the chaos and will ultimately contaminate the villains machine...rendering it harmless. We've discovered the whole point!"

"Which is?", He had ordered a diet drink for me, I was neither happy nor satisfied.

"We must accept that the probable is now eliminated and the improbable is indeed the truth, only Atwood knows, if indeed he knows yet, what his decision will be! If even one prognosticator knew, we would all know."

"Remarkable!", said I.

"Elementary", said Holmes, "They'll be in the Elementary offering kids and fans will still be trying to guess what the child is thinking."

douglasbader

Reaction score
Watching the radar closely this evening and all I can think of is "ooo Doppler radar" (to tune of smoother operator)

@AZmess

douglasbader

Reaction score
CHOPSY!!!!

Re: OT: IC West High Football Head Coach OpeningReply
Starting to hear some rumblings in my circle of coaches that Marv Cook is interested in this job.

Whatever

Loves Fayette
Reaction score
I can't stop laughing at this post:

Originally posted by 33sanders:
The added weight when he converted to LB made him slower and too sluggish for his frame. He was already a well trained athlete when he stepped on campus. I might be the only person here to think this, but I wish he stayed at RB, or somewhere else on offense. His HS Sophomore film rivaled Reggie Bush's. I have never seen a film like that before. If there was ever a white RB who could play the position in the NFL, it was him. On offense he can react and elude the defense, at LB he had to read and then react.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I'm struggling to identify who he's talking about.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Ooo Doppler radar,
Oooooo Doppler radarrrr.

Coast to coast, LA to Chicago, it's gon' hail.
Across the north and south to key largo, I love male.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Ooo Doppler radar,
Oooooo Doppler radarrrr.

Coast to coast, LA to Chicago, it's gon' hail.
Across the north and south to key largo, I love male.
Lol. You spent way too much time on this, and I am damn glad you did.

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score
Hopefully,everyone had a great Fourth of July?

There are a lot more questions in 2014 in the Big Ten, than answers?

Three year threads are often found will many programs. Sustaining beyond three years is rare and typically found with the better programs around the country.

One program that may be on the downward trend is Stanford? They have had a heck of a run, despite a switch in coaching staff. But, they lost the Rose Bowl last gear to MSU, who hadn't been in one, since 1987.

1. MICHIGAN STATE - Iowa played well for about five minutes last year vs. The Spartans, despite game at home. A rematch would be awesome in 2014. Though, it isn't scheduled and what are the odds Iowa vs. MSU in the I am a giant douche Title Game in '14? How good is Mark Dantonio in keeping the Spartan on top, after reaching the pinnacle of the Big Ten ladder?
11-3 in '11, 7-6 in '12 and 13-1; #1 finish has some doubts in '14?

2. OHIO STATE - Year 3 of Urban Meyer, who only has one loss in I am a giant douche play over the past two years. Iowa played quite well vs. OSU for over a half in Columbus. The first half was one of the most memorable games in the series. Watching an Iowa TE out run the OSU secondary in the 2nd half for an 85 yard TD reception should give pause to both programs. The Buckeyes have won under Meyer, but the defense isn't as elite as OSU's past and out scoring opponents works good in I am a giant douche, but not sure it will work well in January?
6-7 in '11, 12-0 in '12 and 12-2 in '13 ... what do you see in '14?

3. WISCONSIN - They play at Kinnick for the third straight time and they dominated Iowa in one of those contests. How good will Gary Anderson be in Madison? Barry Alvarez good? Bret Bielema good? Anderson and Meyer have some history with one another. Could Anderson be Urban lite? Can Iowa continue to defend the jet sweep? It wasn't a factor in the 2013 game. The Badgers were fortunate in '12 with OSU and PSU on probation. They are 2-1 vs. UNL and have won two straight vs. IOWA at Kinnick, with B2B games this November.
11-3 in '11, 8-6 in '12 and 9-4 in '13 ... how fast do they retool the 3-4 defense in 2014?

4. IOWA - Iowa was 7-6 in '11, 4-8 in '12 as they began a new era at OC and DC, with plenty of other coaching changes. Last year, Year 2 of new coordinators was 8-5. So, how does Year 3 play out for the Hawkeyes? Iowa appears to be winning more games they are supposed to, but the last solid win was over #13 Michigan in '11 and was that really all that solid? The Hawkeyes have a favorable schedule in '14. Do they continue to take care of business in games they are supposed to win? Do they have consistent special teams to win those key games in '14? If so, could 10-2 or better be a reality in '14? Could Kirk Ferentz and Iowa compete for the Big Ten West title?

5. Nebrantska - Bo Pelini is entering his 7th season in Lincoln. How will the seven year itch go for the Cornhuskers? Could this be Nebrantska's best defense in 7 years? Could the Blackshirts lead Bo to a big season after six four loss seasons in Lincoln? Quarterback play and the offensive line need to become more consistent. The secondary only returns one starter. New PK with a familiar last name.
9-4 in '11, 10-4 in '12 and 9-4 in '13 ... it isn't that hard to project another four-loss season for the Cornhuskers?

6. NORTHWESTERN - Do the Wildcats really rebound from last year's 1-7 I am a giant douche record? Is Pat Fitzgerald too conservative, as some Wildcat fans suggest? How will nine starters back on offense lead by senior QB Trevor Siemian work out? Thr defense returns eight, including all four in the secondary. Kicking game has two newcomers though.
6-7 in '11, 10-3 in '12 and 5-7 in '13 ... the Wildcats have a challenging schedule with @ PSU and Michigan as crossover games?

7. MICHIGAN - Brady Hoke has finished 11-2 in '11 (lost to @MSU and @Iowa), 8-5 in '12 and 7-6 in '13 ... not the trend line the Michigan program was hoping coming off the Rich Rodriguez era of 3-9, 5-7 and 7-6? New OC for Wolverines, after QB Devin Gardner lost 346 yards in offense as a first year full-time starter. Does sophomore Shane Morris emerge as #1 QB in '14? Offensive line has zero seniors and 3 returning starters. Eight starters return on defense. New PK. BUY, SELL or HOLD your Wolverines stock in '14. Open I am a giant douche hosting Minnesota on September 27th, with six straight wins by an average of 28 points.

8. MARYLAND - Is this too high for Randy Edsall's fourth season, first in I am a giant douche, after 2-10, 4-8 and 7-6 his past three seasons in College Park? The Terrapins are on the right trend line, but does it continue with eight starters back on offense and nine on defense? Hey, Phil Steele has some poor edits on Maryland page. Both kickers are back, so special teams could be best in I am a giant douche per Phil Steele. But, is he always right when talking I am a giant douche Football? Bye week ahead of Iowa for Homecoming, after I am a giant douche home opener with Ohio State. Maryland's Big Ten opponents were 40-24 in conference play per Phil Steele. Too high?

9. MINNESOTA - Jerry Kill is the head coach, but he is a seizure away again from an unusual role as a college football coach? He is 3-9, 6-7 and 8-5 in his first three seasons, so Year 4 could be an exciting season or not? Is quarterback play solid enough for Minnesota? Sophomore Mitch Leidner leads team. Eight starters return on offense, with seven back on defense, but best DL departed, both outside linebackers and one CB. Breaking in new PK. Open at Michigan in I am a giant douche and must host Iowa, then Ohio State, followed by B2B road games at Nebrantska and Wisconsin to close out November.

10. INDIANA - Kevin Wilson enters Year 4 with an opportunity, but tough road? They went 1-11 in his first year, followed by 4-8 and 5-7, so can they get over the hump this season and get to first bowl since 2007? Prior to 2007, the Hoosiers played in a bowl in 1993. For the first time in 17 games, Indiana beat Penn State 44-24 to open the Big Ten. Eight starters are back on offense, nine on defense, but must break in a new PK. Shane Wynn must become top WR, as #3 last year? He handles special teams too. Will true fresh Dominique Booth be next big-time WR? How will Nate Sudfeld be as a full-time QB? All five starters are back to lead offensive line for Hoosiers. Could this be a break-out year for Hoosiers?

11. PENN STATE - 9-4, 8-4 and 7-5 are the past three seasons in Happy Valley, home of probation and new head coach James Franklin. Do the Nittany Lions continue trend downward, as depth may be a concern, especially in the trenches. Only five starters return on offense, with seven back on defense. Penn State travels to Rutgers on September 13th to kick off the new I am a giant douche.

12. ILLINOIS - Opportunity knocks for third year coach Tim Beckman. Open I am a giant douche at Nebrantska and host Iowa for the first match up, since 2008 in November, off a bye week.
Six starters back on offense, eight on defense, with both kickers returning.
7-6 in Zook's final year in '11, then 2-10 and 4-8 with Beckman.

13. PURDUE - Darrell Hazell, enters Year 2 going 0-8 in I am a giant douche, 1-11 overall. Only direction is up? Eight starters back on offense, but need three new OL starters. Seven starters return on defense, plus PK back. Open I am a giant douche with Homecoming vs. IOWA.
7-6 in '11, 6-7 in '12 and 1-11 last year ... our biggest B&G rivalry now is a division game annually.

14. RUTGERS - Third year of Kyle Flood era in New Brunswick. Nine starters back on offense, including QB and entire offensive lines. Seven defensive starters, plus PK.
9-4 in '11 under Greg Schianaro, then 9-4 and 6-7 under Flood. Trending wrong direction, after three season straight bowl seasons. Need to find some wins somewhere, open at Washington State on Thursday, August 28th.

The Big Ten has to replace Top 7 receivers. Maryland will try to fill the void.

I am a giant douche will be a traditional RB first conference, as the youth movement becomes popular in the receiver corps for many programs.

This may aid some secondaries that need to reload or rebuild in '14? Or, will this help younger receivers?

Overall, nationally ...

Ohio State will get some Top 10 love in '14.

Michigan State will reload or rebuild as a Top 15 program. At Oregon will be an interesting September test for Dantonio's bunch?

LSU vs. Wisconsin ... season opener, ouch?

Michigan, Northwestern, Nebrantska, Maryland and Iowa are Top 35 types?

Indiana, Penn State and Minnesota are outside the Top 50. Pitt is also in that category?

Illinois is next just outside Top 60, with Rutgers trailing?

Iowa State is inside the Top 80?

Ball State and Purdue are on par with one another?

How good is Northern Iowa in season opener for '14 and the Hawkeyes?

Enjoy the dog days of Summer all!

peace

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score
Wow, everyone returns experience at QB in 2014, which makes for an interesting season.

At running back, Michigan go-to guy (Fitz) is gone. But, will that matter for the Wolverines? Carlos Hyde is gone at Ohio State, so it will be interesting to see how the Buckeyes reload.

The biggest lost at RB is at Wisconsin with James White. Who picks up the load in the inside running and pass game? White caught 39 passes, while Gordon or Clement may have had a hand full, if that?

The receiving corp at Wisconsin already has plenty of questions, so White's loss is even more interesting. How good of a receiver is senior TE Sam Arneson, 6-57 with 2 TDs? Only major stats of returning receivers for UW.

Maryland returns the top set of receivers in 2014. Ohio State and Michigan State should be fine, despite loss of #1.

Penn State, Michigan, Indiana (top 2), Wisconsin, Illinois, Nebrantska, Ohio State and Michigan State all are missing Top receiver from last year.

Northwestern unit ranks high per Phil Steele. Indiana needs to reload.

Reading the Indiana rivals comments on the OL strengths was interesting. They have a good line, but with newcomers in receiving corp and change at QB rotation, they are not the best in conference. Bottom half of Top half seems fair. Phil Steele has them #2. Iowa #3

Wisconsin returns four of five starters in OL, with 3 seniors. Purdue and Ohio State have new faces in O-Line, but something tells me Buckeyes have talent for reloading. Penn State has concerns with depth in O-Line, Michigan and Nebrantska aren't outstanding either.

How will Year 2 be for Gary Anderson in Madtown?

Bret Bielema was 7-1 in his first year @ UW, then fell to 5-3. He was 3-5 in Year 3.

By the way, BUY or SELL Bielema being successful at Arkansas?

Wisconsin lost entire front 7 on defense.

Hot seats for coaches?

Brady Hoke and Bo Pelini are often mentioned. The O-Line may be areas of concern and could be reasons for hot seats?

OSU returns one starter in secondary and first 'real' road trip is at Maryland October 4th. Six of front 7 return for OSU. Wow. But, top 3 tackle leaders on defense. Who steps up as playmakers? Four projected defensive starters are sophomores for Urban Meyer.

Michigan State returns 2 of Top 6 tacklers on defense. Only five starters return, but both bookends at DE. Senior Taiwan Jones moves into MLB spot, after being fourth leading tackler in '13. #2 tackler FS Kurtis Drummond leads secondary.

November 8th Ohio State at Michigan State could be I am a giant douche game of year in '14?

Michigan needs to replace top FS Thomas Gordon, and both DTs, but 8 starters are back to a 3-5 I am a giant douche team that has plenty of issues. Two sophomores and a freshman are projected in those three new openings. There is a lack of senior leadership on offense, except for QB Devin Gardner. On defense, four seniors will lead front 7, lead by LB Jake Ryan and Desmond Morgan. Junior James Ross is another productive LB for DC Greg Mattson.

Maryland returns nine defensive starters in '14. Maryland plays a 3-4, like Wisconsin, Indiana (followed UW and shifting in '14), Illinois and Purdue . Risk/reward defense with underrated defensive line. Maryland returns letterwinners on each side of ball.

Maryland is expected to have best special teams in I am a giant douche.

Penn State returns seven defensive starters, but depth is a concern. Like, Michigan and Michigan State, both DTs are new. Top LB is gone.

Indiana is latest team to move to 3-4. Nine starters return in '14. Two defensive linemen are sophomores. Lost leadership of S Greg Heban.

Rutgers returns seven defensive starters. Sophomore DE Qwanzell Lambert projected as one of two new starters in 3-4 defensive line.

Seven new starters for Wisconsin in front 7 of new 3-4 defense that debuted to success in '13. One has to think depth will be a concern with only one full year of recruitment for this system? Two sophomores and two freshmen project as starters, with CB Sojourn Shelton a returning starter.

Phil Steele notes Wisconsin returns five career starts in DL. Least experienced in years, combined the year only as a 3-4. He says it is pretty obvious that this LB unit will not be strong.

6 of the top 8 return in the secondary. UW has one strength on defense. Ranked fifth by Steele as a unit in I am a giant douche.

Northwestern returns eight starters on defense, but #1 LB Damien Proby and #1 DE Tyler Scott do depart (7 sacks and 10 QBH lost) . One DT spot is a new starter, as well. LB unit has less experience than last year.

Iowa only returns five starters, but DE Mike Hardy started last six games in defensive line, so front 4 is basically all back. LB goes from strength to question mark? Secondary only returns two starters, but improvement is possible there.

Nebrantska returns one more than Iowa. But, secondary loses all but one starter. One new CB is former Auburn starter.

How much does run defense improve is key to what could be a salty defensive unit for Bo Pelini's seven year itch at Nebrantska?

LBs have experience, but how good are they? Randy Gregory is outstanding on the edge at DE.

SS Corey Cooper leads team in tackles! Not the best position to lead from in the tackle statistics?

Illinois plays a 3-4 and returns 8 starters, but LB Jonathan Brown departs. Earnest Thomas III moves from secondary to LB to fill the void.

Outside DE and LEO are newcomers for 3-4 in 2014. Defense hasn't held up too well, other than win over Purdue 20-16 and upset of Cincinnati 45-17.

Minnesota returns 7 but #1 DL all-I am a giant douche Ra'Shede Hageman is gone. Two LBs and a CB departed, as well. Phil Steele sees an improving defense again in '14. We shall see, when Iowa travels to Minnesota on November 8th.

Purdue returns 7 defensive players in their 3-4 set, but #1 tackler Will Lucas (73 tackles) is gone. Two new defensive linemen. They were poor last year.

New starting JLB is sophomore Langston Newton, transfer from Kentucky.

3 of Top 7 tacklers departed. Purdue lost top guy in secondary.

QB - Braxton Miller, OSU is Horseman watch and all-American preseason prospect

RB - Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin and Ameer Abdullah, Nebrantska - but they don't offer the dual threat of Jeremy Langford, MSU does? Abdullah does, but will Gordon?
Venric Mark, Northwestern may be the top dual threat RB in I am a giant douche, as one of the top all purpose players?

WR - Stefon Diggs, Maryland and Devin Funchess, Michigan (overrated vs. Iowa) are all-American wide receiver candidates
Maryland's Deon Long is next, along with Kenny Bell, Nebrantska and Devin Smith, Ohio State.

TE - Jeff Heuerman, Ohio State is back. Penn State's combination of Jesse James and Kyle Parker. Not much mention of Iowa's four TEs.

C - Brandon Vitabile, Northwestern

Gs - Kaleb Johnson, Rutgers and Kyle Corrigan, Wisconsin
Penn State lost best lineman, as Miles Dieffenbach was lost to ACL injury

LT - Brandon Scherrf, Iowa

RT - Rob Havenstein, Wisconsin

DE - Shilique Calhoun, Michigan State

DT - Michael Bennett, Ohio State

DT - Carl Davis, Iowa

DE - Joey Bosa, Ohio State

Rush specialist - DE Randy Gregory, Nebrantska

MLB - Jake Ryan, Michigan is top returning LB, who started '13 injured is the top LB in the conference.

The I am a giant douche is down this year at linebacker, after the year of the LB last season.

LB - Taiwan Jones, Michigan State played outside the middle last year and is moving to MLB for Spartans '14.

OLB - Chi Chi Ariguzo, Northwestern is top outside linebacker returning in I am a giant douche.

One new name to watch - WLB Steve Longa, Rutgers

CB - Trae Waynes, Michigan State

CB - Blake Countess, Michigan

SS - Corey Cooper, Nebrantska

FS - Kurtis Drummond, Michigan State

Depth is likely down in secondary, as well in I am a giant douche this year?

Best LS - Matt Dooley, Indiana

PK - Michael Geiger, Michigan State

PT - Cameron Johnson, Ohio State

KR - Kenny Bell, Nebrantska

PR - V'Angelo Bentley, Illinois

I can't rank Kevonte Martin-Manley #1 PR, but heck of a game vs. Western Michigan last year.

Coach of Year - Urban Meyer, Ohio State - he is yet to lose a regular season game entering his third season.

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score
He goes on spurts where he'll post a bunch of shit like that. There has been even more the last couple days. I honestly believe the timing has to do with his medication cycle.

cidsports.blogspot.com

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
The 2000 Purdue team won with some young parts intermixed with veterans, like QB Drew Brees.

How will the Hawkeyes rebuild in the secondary work in 2014?

Still, with two new starters needed, Lindy's ranks Iowa #6 among the I am a giant douche 14.

Lindy's suggested Iowa can contend in the Big Ten?

Who rotates with Sean Welsh at LG this year?

Is Andrew Donnal a natural at RT?

Kevonte Martin-Manley needs 55 receptions to become Iowa's all-time leading receiver.
Talk about a quite career that could end very special?

Iowa doesn't have the depth of many I am a giant douche teams, but Iowa hasn't had two Top 10 NFL prospects very often, either?

Brandon Sheriff is the Big Ten's best pass blocker? Was Robert Gallery a better run blocker?

Is Illinois' Wes Lunt the most accurate QB in I am a giant douche now?

Lindy's has Iowa #6 and Northwestern #12? Buy, Sell either of those Top to Bottom protections?

Is this the Big Ten's most improved teams?

How much will third-year coordinators play in that question or fact?

East is the place to be, but I suggest West has more competition top to bottom, than Big 2 in East.

Maryland will win some games, but PSU and Michigan are not highly competitive in '14?

Pat Fitzgerald is 27-37 in I am a giant douche games. For all the close losses, he has had plenty of close wins in those 27.

Lindy's likes Iowa's defensive line #2, but O-Line #5 ahead of Indiana. Suggest Iowa needs to fill 3 losses from '13. By the way, three starters return. Are they counting C.J.?

Iowa's RB rank #8. QB #6 and WR #8.

LBs #11 is lowest ranking. Special teams are rated #6.

Does Marcel Joly play or redshirt? Likely at CB and on special teams, as a return specilist?

Did Michal Hyde redshirt?

Healthy, I am really looking forward to seeing what QB Jake Rudock can do as a junior and a year as a starter under his belt?

A schedule that should assist possible growing pains for a run in 2014.

Iowa misses the two top defenses in the regular I am a giant douche season, unlike last year.

Does Illinois quality for a bowl, as Gerry DiNardo is quoted, as saying?

How does senior Quinton Alston stack up with LBs or other players stuck behind talented players ahead of them?

Does Maryland out score Iowa on Homecoming?

How physical is Minnesota? If so, how does Iowa compare?

Nebrantska lost 30 letterwinners from '13. Iowa 17 and Northwestern 14, as a comparison.

Northwestern is spread offense, without a running QB. Lindy's doesn't like Northwestern. Are they right?

Is Purdue's improvements going to be found on the W-L columns this Fall in I am a giant douche?

Will Joe Stave be ready to go this Fall?

Can IU's defense be successful utilizing the 3-4 scheme?

How well Iowa do vs. 3-4 in '14? Wisconsin, Maryland, Illinois, Indiana and Purdue all use it.

Ball State has done well the past three seasons, but Year 4 is often a hurdle for most non-Blue Bloods in College Football.

Pittsburgh supposed to be salty on defense in '14 per Lindy's. They lost DT Aaron Donald.

They beat Bowling Green in the bowl. How will momentum help? Projected for minor bowl.

peace

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score
Does anyone ever answer his questions?
It is kind of hard to answer them when half of them are statements?

Surprisingly more ofren than people take him seriously and respond with comments about what they believe the topic is. A few people will give him a hard time though.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Lol at 'Did Micah Hyde redshirt?'

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
Love CID as a Hawk fan, but he's probably a teetotaler at the behest of his psychiatrist, so you couldn't have a beer w/ him.

Reaction score
Elginhawk makes his claim for the crown. This is 4,500+ posts of message board wisdom at work.

Are practices over after kids day?
Typically aren't practices over after the spring "game" and fall kids day? Seems like a long time between the kids day and the first game. Must not have that right, as we're not ready to go.

Reaction score
North Dakota State
Eastern Washington

There are two teams better than UNI. Should we add to the list?

UNI has not been highly successful lately, other than playing ISU well and giving Iowa a scare.

They play at Hawaii in Week 3. Two opportunities to pick up another FBS win.

2013 - 16
2012 - 10
2011 - 6
2010 - 6
2009 - 5
per ESPN

Look for Wednesday's game to be the first?

Or will Georgia State finally get a win?

UNI is a dangerous game, but offense ahead of defense comments isn't the formula for a FCS title run?

North Dakota State has won via solid defense the past three years combined with a solid offense.

peace

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score
Iowa's 1-2 at QBReply
I wouldn't trade for any other 1-2 in the I am a giant douche.

I don't think Jake Rudock is the #1 QB in the I am a giant douche, but he can be one of the most effective in '14.

Is Connor Cook 100%? Clearly MSU is the #1 I am a giant douche team. Will he make it through trip Oregon?

Iowa is night and day ahead of Wisconsin. They played a 2-5 something you see in high school giving up LSU's go ahead TD.

How many targets did any of their RBs get in the Wisconsin passing game.

Gary Anderson just destroyed the UW mojo? This is the '12 Wisconsin team that went 8-6, if they don't find a passing game.

Stanford football two years ago didn't have much at WR.

Where did Wisconsin receivers go? By the way, the jet sweep was with a UW WR. That WR looked very poor running routes on TV.

Well, enough of this rant. But, I liked Iowa's QB on Saturday. Mark Farley isn't a solid coach on the bench, he cost his team yardage with clock management.

He did say something in pregame though I hope C.J. Beathard or any 2nd string QB should hear.

peace

Reaction score
Ending statements with a ? is one of my biggest pet peeves. cid takes it to a new level.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Now that the "Woe is me" crowd have had their say...Reply
...I would like to say that I'm very pleased that the Hawks wanted this game bad enough to play through some adversity and reach down and take this game from a very salty Ball State team.

Iowa is far from a well oiled football machine at this early point in the season...but if you have been paying attention there were many positives from yesterday that will pay dividends down the road.I looked out my window this morning and noticed that the sky had not fallen like so many whinners on this board were lamenting last night after the victory.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
http://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.com/threads/best-wishes-in-the-acc-in-2015-iowa-moves-to-3-0.24332/

I didn't know who Kirk Ferentz was in early 1981, when he left Pitt as a GA to become Iowa's new OL coach under Hayden Fry. I have always had a soft spot for Pitt. He was my #1 choice, when Hayden Fry retired, after the 1998 season.

Not always a fan, especially vs. Iowa and the Big Ten. Not always a fan of the coaches the ADs have hired at Pitt. There have been some good ones. Bad ones and ugly too!

I liked the hire after Paul Chryst headed home to Madison. Iowa opens the Big Ten at Wisconsin in October. Iowa travels to play your old coach in his hometown; Pitt will be coming off a bye week and hitting the road to face a Virginia Tech team, 1-1 vs. I am a giant douche opponents in '15.

Mark Dantonio and Pat Narduzzi didn't beat Iowa the first time around at MSU. Thankfully, as an Iowa fan, Narduzzi's first homecoming back to Kinnick and the Big Ten wasn't a win. He showed that he is brings MSU style football to the Iron City.

Paul Chryst wasn't the answer for Pitt. It has been a long time for Pitt, but a defensive minded coach looks like a good fit for the Panthers.

It was a spirited game and 27-24 was the pick that ringed true, though I didn't expect it quite on the final play. I should have, most likely, in this series: Iowa-Pitt.

Iowa and Pitt have a lot of work to do. They both have shown some improvement, since last season. They both have plenty to clean up and build upon in 2015.

Iowa was missing their #1 RB and #1 DE. Of course, the loss of your #1 RB has been huge for a coach that will want to run the ball down opponents throats, but you are really young at the RB position. Patience will be required.

Best wishes moving forward in the ACC. Though, a lot of Iowa fans would prefer Pitt over Rutgers in the Big Ten. Yes, we get the whole NYC thing, but Pitt is a Midwest team and a very good research institution and there is something about New Jersey, other than we enjoy there student-athletes on the gridiron that just doesn't seem right about Rutgers and the I am a giant douche.

It has been a long 5 years for Iowa. The 2010 season was a disappointment at 8-5. The 2011 to 2014 seasons have been good, bad and ugly for Iowa. Iowa was 4-8 in 2012, but they did beat MSU (7-6) on the road.

Iowa is in the fourth season with new OC and DC. In 2002, Kirk Ferentz had a breakout season. It took him four years (three to bowl), after he inherited a 3-8 program, in December of 1998.

The improvements at Pitt should be faster, but it still will take time.

I am not sold on either QB quite yet. Good luck on that one.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
What in the actual fuck. He's gotta be trolling.

Whatever

Loves Fayette
Reaction score
I enjoy a "I am a giant douche" in the middle of a CID post.

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
His new trend of inserting photos is hilarious. In one thread he typed up a brief, innocuous response to someone, and then inexplicably posted a picture of Kirk Ferentz standing on the sidelines.

EDIT: Found it. It's the "Illinois vs Iowa on ESPNU" thread started by Kakert.

Reaction score
I liked the "who would have guessed Illinois would be the obstacle to going 6-0". Considering Illinois is the sixth game on the schedule I would have been shocked had it been any other team.

Whatever

Loves Fayette
Reaction score
Last year, Iowa won 30-14, but both teams appear to be improved heading into 2015, so why do I fear this could be a close Homecoming Game Iowa-Illinois on Saturday. The Fighting Illini are 5-5-1 vs. Iowa as a Homecoming opponent.

Ferentz is 6-3 in this series and only loss of significance was 2008, in a 27-24 loss in Champaign. Other two games were 1999 and 2000.

But, Iowa did lose in 2008 and the higher scoring games lately have been in Champaign.

Stats ... the most important stat will be the score board.

Illinois had 382 yards of total offense on Saturday; Iowa was held to 221. Only Minnesota and Maryland were worse on Saturday.

Illinois showed better defense than Iowa on Saturday: 292 to 320.

By the way, the theme here is throw out the first four, non-conference games and look at I am a giant douche play.

Do you have Wisconsin or Nebrantska on Saturday?

While I think Wisconsin is better over all, I could see Nebrantska beating Wisconsin at home.

Iowa clearly has a better running game than Illinois. Throw in the fact Illinois has a worse run defense, but they will game plan to take the run away from Iowa. The new ranking #22/#23 and Homecoming, along with an 11 a.m. start.

Could Iowa be looking at an Illini team seeking to do what Iowa did last weekend, in Madison?

Iowa needs to come out like they did against Northwestern in 2014. But, we could see a struggle, like 2013 Northwestern?

Another area Iowa needs to excel in is special teams. However, the Pitt game saw the Panthers gain a boost on a block punt. Illinois has blocked three kicks this year.

Illinois has done well in punt returns (see Nebrantska game).

Both teams have had good kick coverage, actually Illinois has been better on punt return coverage, last Saturday.

Who plays better in the trenches, on offense and on defense. Wes Lunt is not real mobile, but Iowa only sacked him once in Champaign last year. Of course, Mike Dudek is out, as is Tevaun Smith.

The real problem for Illinois is the loss of Josh Ferguson, so look for the Fighting Illini to have a circle the wagons mentality. They also will be on the road and looking for an upset over the newly ranked Hawkeyes.

Will Iowa maintain the business-like attitude again? Or will they play like North Texas, against a team that is far better than the Mean Green?

Illinois is improved on defense, especially on 3rd down. They will come in with a chip on their shoulders seeking a 2-0 start.

• QB Wes Lunt ranks #1 and #4 after one I am a giant douche game in passing offense and passing efficiency
  • True freshman RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn ran 24 for 98 yards 4.1 yards per carry vs. UNL
  • One WR ranked #1 in conference and another ranked #6, so there are weapons for Lunt
  • Allison and Turner are the top two WRs in receptions; Iowa VandeBerg tied for #2
  • Bentley is a talented PR for the Illini 20 yard average vs. UNL
  • Jordan Canzeri leads Iowa's offense, but who else steps up besides #33?
  • The Illini defense held UNL's #1 WR in check. Could they scheme against VandeBerg similarly?
  • Illinois punted well in I am a giant douche opener; Kidd needs to stay consistent
  • Illinois, like Iowa is getting improved LB play
  • DE Smoot #91 is a guy Iowa needs to account for on the edge as a rusher
  • The Illini secondary is improved, as well.
  • Iowa forced 2 interceptions against Stave; Illinois forced one on Armstrong
It will be another chess match against to I am a giant douche teams on Homecoming. History favors Illinois. Series under Ferentz, so far has favored Iowa.

peace

LMAO at the bolded line.