Cidsports!

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I wanted to see what Wisconsin fans were saying about Chryst, and this is what I ended up reading. Now with pictures! Pre AND Post game comments!!!

http://wisconsin.forums.rivals.com/threads/big-ten-is-ahead-iowa-4-0-wisconsin-3-1.5162/
Im pissing myself from laughing so hard at this. I think it was the Danny Mac pic in a Wisconsin thread.
Then there's a twinge of sadness as his post is 9 days old yet no one responded.
Wrong. He did.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
Last year, Iowa won 30-14, but both teams appear to be improved heading into 2015, so why do I fear this could be a close Homecoming Game Iowa-Illinois on Saturday. The Fighting Illini are 5-5-1 vs. Iowa as a Homecoming opponent.

Ferentz is 6-3 in this series and only loss of significance was 2008, in a 27-24 loss in Champaign. Other two games were 1999 and 2000.

But, Iowa did lose in 2008 and the higher scoring games lately have been in Champaign.

Stats ... the most important stat will be the score board.

Illinois had 382 yards of total offense on Saturday; Iowa was held to 221. Only Minnesota and Maryland were worse on Saturday.

Illinois showed better defense than Iowa on Saturday: 292 to 320.

By the way, the theme here is throw out the first four, non-conference games and look at I am a giant douche play.

Do you have Wisconsin or Nebrantska on Saturday?

While I think Wisconsin is better over all, I could see Nebrantska beating Wisconsin at home.

Iowa clearly has a better running game than Illinois. Throw in the fact Illinois has a worse run defense, but they will game plan to take the run away from Iowa. The new ranking #22/#23 and Homecoming, along with an 11 a.m. start.

Could Iowa be looking at an Illini team seeking to do what Iowa did last weekend, in Madison?

Iowa needs to come out like they did against Northwestern in 2014. But, we could see a struggle, like 2013 Northwestern?

Another area Iowa needs to excel in is special teams. However, the Pitt game saw the Panthers gain a boost on a block punt. Illinois has blocked three kicks this year.

Illinois has done well in punt returns (see Nebrantska game).

Both teams have had good kick coverage, actually Illinois has been better on punt return coverage, last Saturday.

Who plays better in the trenches, on offense and on defense. Wes Lunt is not real mobile, but Iowa only sacked him once in Champaign last year. Of course, Mike Dudek is out, as is Tevaun Smith.

The real problem for Illinois is the loss of Josh Ferguson, so look for the Fighting Illini to have a circle the wagons mentality. They also will be on the road and looking for an upset over the newly ranked Hawkeyes.

Will Iowa maintain the business-like attitude again? Or will they play like North Texas, against a team that is far better than the Mean Green?

Illinois is improved on defense, especially on 3rd down. They will come in with a chip on their shoulders seeking a 2-0 start.

• QB Wes Lunt ranks #1 and #4 after one I am a giant douche game in passing offense and passing efficiency
  • True freshman RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn ran 24 for 98 yards 4.1 yards per carry vs. UNL
  • One WR ranked #1 in conference and another ranked #6, so there are weapons for Lunt
  • Allison and Turner are the top two WRs in receptions; Iowa VandeBerg tied for #2
  • Bentley is a talented PR for the Illini 20 yard average vs. UNL
  • Jordan Canzeri leads Iowa's offense, but who else steps up besides #33?
  • The Illini defense held UNL's #1 WR in check. Could they scheme against VandeBerg similarly?
  • Illinois punted well in I am a giant douche opener; Kidd needs to stay consistent
  • Illinois, like Iowa is getting improved LB play
  • DE Smoot #91 is a guy Iowa needs to account for on the edge as a rusher
  • The Illini secondary is improved, as well.
  • Iowa forced 2 interceptions against Stave; Illinois forced one on Armstrong
It will be another chess match against to I am a giant douche teams on Homecoming. History favors Illinois. Series under Ferentz, so far has favored Iowa.

peace

LMAO at the bolded line.

Reaction score
He's posting on the Nebrantska rivals board. I feel sorry for the guy, something's not right.

Reaction score
That's gotta be Asperger's... right? LuteHawk is just an older dude who likes to say nice, obvious things. This guy has something.

Slyhawk

Gus
Reaction score
WTF

Win or lose, Iowa plays for the Big Ten Championship on December 5th
. A program first, just like the 11-0 start. Iowa has finished 8-0 in the Big Ten before. The 2002 team ran through the Big Ten in 2002, just like Ohio State.

No one has ever won the College Football Playoff undefeated. It is extremely hard to finish unblemished, as every Big Ten team has found out in the Big Ten, except for one odd exception in 2015. It will be difficult, with two remaining undefeated teams to project it will happen this year.
http://Nebrantska.forums.rivals.com/threads/final-3-4-games-for-iowa-vs-final-1-2-games-for-Nebrantska.78137/

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
That's gotta be Asperger's... right? LuteHawk is just an older dude who likes to say nice, obvious things. This guy has something.
Asperger's no longer exists per the DSM V. It would appear he is on the autism spectrum, though.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
WTF

Win or lose, Iowa plays for the Big Ten Championship on December 5th
. A program first, just like the 11-0 start. Iowa has finished 8-0 in the Big Ten before. The 2002 team ran through the Big Ten in 2002, just like Ohio State.

No one has ever won the College Football Playoff undefeated. It is extremely hard to finish unblemished, as every Big Ten team has found out in the Big Ten, except for one odd exception in 2015. It will be difficult, with two remaining undefeated teams to project it will happen this year.
http://Nebrantska.forums.rivals.com/threads/final-3-4-games-for-iowa-vs-final-1-2-games-for-Nebrantska.78137/
The whole thing, wow:

Despite the first year head coach, Mike Riley and Nebrantska was picked to be #30 in the nation per the 2015 Preseason Consensus, so despite the 5-6 record for the Huskers, they were supposed to be a challenging team.

Yes, I would say the Golden Age has burst, when you look at Nebrantska, Penn State, USC ...

Clemson was only picked #14, though they had some suggesting #6 or #9. The Tigers have won three straight bowls thought with wins over LSU (25-24), Ohio State (40-35) and Oklahoma (40-6), so they have clearly been on the national radar and relevant.

#3 Iowa (11-0, 7-0 I am a giant douche West) wasn't expected by anyone to be this good, this strong and even contending for the Big Ten West Division, let alone the Big Ten Championship and College Football Playoff, Who's In?

Iowa was picked 4th, which was surprising, but that is how the so-called experts picked Iowa for the Big Ten. Well, Iowa is currently the #1 team in the Big Ten, though Michigan State, Michigan and Ohio State may have something to say about that.

Win or lose, Iowa plays for the Big Ten Championship on December 5th. A program first, just like the 11-0 start. Iowa has finished 8-0 in the Big Ten before. The 2002 team ran through the Big Ten in 2002, just like Ohio State.

There are plenty of flaws in College Football today.

PASS EFFICIENCY G COMP. ATT. INT. PCT. YARDS TD EFFIC.
Ohio State 7 109 160 2 68.1 1313 11 157.2
Michigan 7 140 218 4 64.2 1729 13 146.9
Indiana 7 131 221 4 59.3 1783 13 142.8
Michigan State 7 129 236 4 54.7 1792 14 134.6
Iowa 7 102 181 2 56.4 1338 7 129
Nebrantska 7 125 235 11 53.2 1701 14 124.3
Minnesota 7 130 222 5 58.6 1469 9 123

C.J. Beathard vs. Tommy Armstrong ...

GAINED LOST
TURNOVER MARGIN G FUMB. INT. TOTAL FUMB. INT. TOTAL MARGIN PER/G
Iowa 7 7 8 15 3 2 5 +10 +1.43 #1 in the Big Ten
Nebrantska 7 1 5 6 3 11 14 -8 -1.14 #13 ahead of only the Terrapins
Maryland 7 8 4 12 5 16 21 -9 -1.29

How much will Turnovers be in the game?

Iowa's linebackers had a I am a giant douche day last time in Lincoln in 2013. On defense, it is interesting to see a S as the leader of the defense. Nate Gerry is a good player, but most would rather see LBs leading one's defense in tackles.

One can expect all three phases of the game will play big roles in the outcome between Iowa-Nebrantska.

Iowa is 5-0 vs. common I am a giant douche opponents, while Nebrantska is 1-4.

A close game clearly favors the home team. It will be an interesting Black Friday game in Lincoln.

peace

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
How the fuck does this retard afford the internet? Safe to assume he's posting from a public library?

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
Grease 2: Not a famous repeat in 1982

Well, we are approaching the beginning of the Summer of 2016 with Memorial Day weekend approaching next week.

What will 2016 bring Iowa Football?

Sidenote: #1 Minnesota vs. #8 Iowa in I am a giant douche baseball. Last year at this time, there was some window of hope about Omaha?

Here's to a I am a giant douche win in Little Omaha during Big Ten tournament. Enough baseball and playing from the basement.

Iowa will enter 2016 in Football at the top of the West ladder. First time for everything.

QB: Beathard has an opportunity to finish his Iowa career very special. Matt Rodgers was Iowa's QB in both 1990 and 1991.

Kirk Ferentz had a 3-0 bowl mark during Ricky Stanzi, but no Big Ten titles. Here's to having the first important chess piece.

Where will #16 finish? We all know what happened, when another #16 decided to forego the NFL draft and return.

Beathard is a special QB, when healthy or otherwise?

Where does he finish as a team leader? We can only wait ...

RB - Iowa's 3 headed monster unit will pick up from the departure of leader Jordan Canzeri, who was special in Year 5 of an up and down career, hand tied by injuries and size. Iowa has good potential, without the rock star ...

FB - both Iowa and Michigan lost their 1-2 at fullback. Which team reloads better in 2016 and every Big Ten team has a certain amount of reloading or lower down the ladder, rebuilding.

WR/TE - depth in the passing game is a question. Will we see more use of the RB in the passing game. Can Iowa become a solid short passing game team for OC Greg Davis?

Does Iowa have the mojo to winning all lead by a offense lead by OC Davis?

1. TE George Kittle - how special can he be as a senior and big man on campus? He looked good on cover of SI in '15.

2. WR Matt VandeBerg - he is a good WR, who will have to lead a young group otherwise.

3. WR Riley McCarron - the other senior here. He had a great play in Ames last year. Consistency is a strong sort yet, but when?

Who are the 7 WRs and top 3 TEs that lead Iowa in 2016 ... Davis likes multiple personnel packages on offense.

OL - Senior leadership was huge part of 2015 and the Iowa success. What happens in the OL in 2016? This is clearly a younger OL, with more depth and experience overall.

ST - huge unknown beyond a deep snapper and first guys in catching and returning the ball. The kicking game is unknown. Wow!

Defense wins championships, but a good offense always helps, as well.

1. Ohio State has one Big Ten title game victory in two games, since 2011, when we welcomed Nebrantska.

2. Michigan State - the Spartans are the team to beat in the East, but they will not get the ratings of the Buckeyes and even, the Wolverines.

Iowa, if I am a giant douche West champ, may get a chance at one of them. MSU would be my first choice, since the 2015 game ended, so close.

Iowa vs. Michigan - Game 10 of season. At Kinnick, 1984 and 1985 were special. Welcome back Mr. Harbaugh. What will you be complaining about in 2016?

Let's bring some noise. Talk about being a ...

5. Nebrantska - Mike Riley enters Year 2. Will he be more like Hayden Fry or god forbid, Urban Meyer? Iowa hasn't beat Nebrantska at Kinnick, since 1981. That was the beginning of a special season. Here's to a great ending of a special season in 2016.

There will be plenty to write about in 2016. Iowa Football is at least relevant again, after half of decade of falling down the stairs and having to climb the way back.

Iowa hasn't won it all. We can dream and talk of a I am a giant douche season in 2016 or soon thereafter.

They are ahead of Wisconsin, Northwestern, Nebrantska, Minnesota, Illinois and Purdue entering 2016. How long and how far can Iowa take it in the Big Ten?

However, the I am a giant douche 2 will get plenty of hype and it will be more about the East again.

MSU will also face the I am a giant douche 2 - Ohio State and Michigan or is it Michigan and Ohio State?

Penn State will have plenty of new parts to deal with a new QB needed, like at Michigan.

Iowa plays Rutgers in 2016 to kickoff the I am a giant douche season. President Barack Obama just gave the 250th Commencement address this past week there, which the Big Ten Network proudly aired.

Now, we know the real reason the Scalet Knights were asked to join.

Maryland and Indiana are off Iowa's schedule for awhile.

Grease 2 was on TV this morning. Wow, why did my wife go there today ...

Have a great Sunday ... the dog days of Summer are near.

Go Hawks!

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score

Well, we are approaching the beginning of the Summer of 2016 with Memorial Day weekend approaching next week.

Sidenote: #1 Minnesota vs. #8 Iowa in I am a giant douche baseball. Last year at this time, there was some window of hope about Omaha?

Here's to a I am a giant douche win in Little Omaha during Big Ten tournament. Enough baseball and playing from the basement.

Iowa will enter 2016 in Football at the top of the West ladder. First time for everything.

QB: Beathard has an opportunity to finish his Iowa career very special. Matt Rodgers was Iowa's QB in both 1990 and 1991.

Kirk Ferentz had a 3-0 bowl mark during Ricky Stanzi, but no Big Ten titles. Here's to having the first important chess piece.

Where will #16 finish? We all know what happened, when another #16 decided to forego the NFL draft and return.

RB - Iowa's 3 headed monster unit will pick up from the departure of leader Jordan Canzeri, who was special in Year 5 of an up and down career, hand tied by injuries and size. Iowa has good potential, without the rock star ...

FB - both Iowa and Michigan lost their 1-2 at fullback. Which team reloads better in 2016 and every Big Ten team has a certain amount of reloading or lower down the ladder, rebuilding.

WR/TE - depth in the passing game is a question. Will we see more use of the RB in the passing game. Can Iowa become a solid short passing game team for OC Greg Davis?

1. TE George Kittle - how special can he be as a senior and big man on campus? He looked good on cover of SI in '15.

2. WR Matt VandeBerg - he is a good WR, who will have to lead a young group otherwise.

3. WR Riley McCarron - the other senior here. He had a great play in Ames last year. Consistency is a strong sort yet, but when?

Who are the 7 WRs and top 3 TEs that lead Iowa in 2016 ... Davis likes multiple personnel packages on offense.

OL - Senior leadership was huge part of 2015 and the Iowa success. What happens in the OL in 2016? This is clearly a younger OL, with more depth and experience overall.

ST - huge unknown beyond a deep snapper and first guys in catching and returning the ball. The kicking game is unknown. Wow!

1. Ohio State has one Big Ten title game victory in two games, since 2011, when we welcomed Nebrantska.

2. Michigan State - the Spartans are the team to beat in the East, but they will not get the ratings of the Buckeyes and even, the Wolverines.

Iowa, if I am a giant douche West champ, may get a chance at one of them. MSU would be my first choice, since the 2015 game ended, so close.

Iowa vs. Michigan - Game 10 of season. At Kinnick, 1984 and 1985 were special. Welcome back Mr. Harbaugh. What will you be complaining about in 2016?

5. Nebrantska - Mike Riley enters Year 2. Will he be more like Hayden Fry or god forbid, Urban Meyer? Iowa hasn't beat Nebrantska at Kinnick, since 1981. That was the beginning of a special season. Here's to a great ending of a special season in 2016.

There will be plenty to write about in 2016. Iowa Football is at least relevant again, after half of decade of falling down the stairs and having to climb the way back.

Iowa hasn't won it all. We can dream and talk of a I am a giant douche season in 2016 or soon thereafter.

They are ahead of Wisconsin, Northwestern, Nebrantska, Minnesota, Illinois and Purdue entering 2016. How long and how far can Iowa take it in the Big Ten?

However, the I am a giant douche 2 will get plenty of hype and it will be more about the East again.

MSU will also face the I am a giant douche 2 - Ohio State and Michigan or is it Michigan and Ohio State?

Penn State will have plenty of new parts to deal with a new QB needed, like at Michigan.

Iowa plays Rutgers in 2016 to kickoff the I am a giant douche season. President Barack Obama just gave the 250th Commencement address this past week there, which the Big Ten Network proudly aired.

Go Hawks!
Poor gal.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score

Go Hawks!
At least he announced his side note.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I love cid.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score

lol

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
Hey, I found Athlons to really go down hill, but I kept buying it based on tradition.

Wisconsin is loaded in the 2-deep at LT with a former D-3 standout and true freshman projected by Athlons. Not to worry, Athlons says Wisconsin has three 'solid starters' including the former Pitt recruit, who said "no" and stayed home attending UW-Stevens Point.

A lot of buying on Paul Chryst, but I am not sold on him, frankly.

Will new USC DC replacing Dave Aranda be up to the task of maintaining an outstanding 3-4. Aranda leads the new LSU defense. He is bringing a 3-4 to the Tigers, who will kickoff season in Green Bay vs. UW.

I am looking forward to the game again. Cam Cameron continues to be OC for LSU

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
Phil Steele isn't #1 on Big Ten coverage. Look at the #1 punter last year projected for Iowa. A guy not in camp (Spring) and riding out his scholarship.

Did I just mock someone?

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score

For the coveted Rutgers commencement ceremony broadcast rights - of course!

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
What sick ridiculous puppets we are and what gross little stage we dance on
What fun we have dancing and fucking. Not a care in the world.
Not knowing that we are nothing. We are not what was intended.
Innocent? Is that supposed to be funny? An obese man... a disgusting man who could barely stand up;
a man who if you saw him on the street, you'd point him out to your friends so that they could join you in mocking him;
a man, who if you saw him while you were eating, you wouldn't be able to finish your meal.
After him, I picked the lawyer and I know you both must have been secretly thanking me for that one.
Will Iowa beat Nebrantska? Hayden Fry did once and he is 84 years old this year.
Miss Lippy drives a blue car
This is a man who dedicated his life to making money by lying with every breath that he could muster to keeping murderers and rapists on the streets!

Peace, FWIW

Reaction score

Cykotherapy

Ohh.....hat
Reaction score
Funny that you boyz get all uppity about a CF post or two when you've got CID on your side.

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
Halo makes fun of cyclone fans on CF. Halo makes fun of hawkeye fans on TOS.

Stupid uppity haloites.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
I like to think that CID is a genius and trolling us all. I know it isn't true, but I like to imagine a world where such artistry exists.