Iowa Barnstormers

TH1974

Wants you to GFY
Reaction score
Seems just slightly more sleazy than most AAU coach stuff.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Of course lwade would be super interested in this

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Maybe they'll finish in 15th next year.
What’s your point? This is a big story.
It's a big story, just not sure it'll have some big impact on the Hawks.
Other than the distraction it creates because the head coach of Iowa has 2 kids that have gone through that program and could have been taped and possibly a 3rd making his way through it. Not to mention his starting point guard and the best recruit Iowa’s had in forever possibly being victims here?

All of this on the same day a reporter asks Fran if his seat is getting hot?

TH1974

Wants you to GFY
Reaction score
Other than the distraction it creates because the head coach of Iowa has 2 kids that have gone through that program and could have been taped and possibly a 3rd making his way through it. Not to mention his starting point guard and the best recruit Iowa’s had in forever possibly being victims here?

Wat

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score

What fucking point guard?

FrodoTBaggin

Balding
Reaction score

FrodoTBaggin

Balding
Reaction score
All because of some fucking pedo. Those people should just be drug out into a field somewhere and shot between the eyes.

douglasbader

Thinks Joe W Has Access To The YMCA
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? The only way I would see a large impact is if Fran or staff knew he was a pervert and knowingly aided him access to kids.

If anything, Fran and others are going to look like victims.

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
What a fucking scumbag

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
All because of some fucking pedo. Those people should just be drug out into a field somewhere and shot between the eyes.
I prefer to have them suffer first. Drag them out to the middle of nowhere and Shoot them in the knee caps First.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score

douglasbader

Reaction score
Yeah I mean we should probably just ignore this. Everyone saw it coming and it definitely won’t affect the iowa program.
Have you ever tried not being you for once?
Have you ever tried interpreting simple sarcasm? It’s really great.
I did interpret it. You implied through sarcasm that everyone actually did see this coming like it was a known thing.

Do you know how to use sarcasm?

TH1974

Wants you to GFY
Reaction score
Have to agree with Camel here. I'm thinking there's a pretty large impact on the program at the end of the day from this. Too many kids involved that are close/ incredibly close to the program.
They're probably going to lose the rest of their games this year because of this.

douglasbader

Reaction score
To recap, this is something as of now nobody saw coming.

L. Wade has no idea how to use sarcasm and is flat out stupid and implied "everyone saw this coming" but it is the exact opposite of that.

I also seriously doubt that Fran or AJ Green's dad would knowingly let their kids play in a program or support if they knew the co-director car dealership owner was a kiddie pervert. My guess is that everyone involved on the University of Iowa level is going to look like a victim of a sick pervert.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score

douglasbader

Reaction score

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score

FrodoTBaggin

Balding
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? The only way I would see a large impact is if Fran or staff knew he was a pervert and knowingly aided him access to kids.

Of course Fran or anyone with the program knew nothing about this but to think that this couldn't affect the program from the head coach and his kids being victims is a bit naive. If they were victims, a fresh start after a shitty year could very well be on the table.

This is my dougie moment where i make a wild prediction that i can somehow be RATT on.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
Fran trusted this guy with his kids. He was clearly a key part of patricks life. It’s fucked up.

douglasbader

Reaction score

Of course Fran or anyone with the program knew nothing about this but to think that this couldn't affect the program from the head coach and his kids being victims is a bit naive. If they were victims, a fresh start after a shitty year could very well be on the table.

This is my dougie moment where i make a wild prediction that i can somehow be RATT on.
Thanks, Scott Dochterman.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score

Thanks, Scott Dochterman.
This is just mean.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I could see this being a reason for Fran to seek another gig.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
The problem is that this season is going to make him a tough sell to a fanbase. I would hire Fran in a second to rebuild a dumpster fire but it’s fair to question his upside.

That said, two 4* kids make his profile a little higher.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
The problem is that this season is going to make him a tough sell to a fanbase. I would hire Fran in a second to rebuild a dumpster fire but it’s fair to question his upside.

That said, two 4* kids make his profile a little higher.
Yeah I could see him making a lateral move or even a half step lower move.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
I wonder how long Fran has had to sit on this. One update I saw was that the DCI asked the other coaches not to share anything until they went public. Wietzel/Fran should proactively address it tomorrow in the postgame, that way reporters don’t ask stupid questions. Something along the lines of “as you likely have heard my family and many others are dealing with some shocking news. Right now our thoughts are with those that were affected and we hope that those responsible will be held accountable. Please respect the fact that I cannot say much more at this time”

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
I guess it’s also very possible that Fran just found out as well. Clearly Patrick did. But they may have questioned parents without letting the kids know.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I guess it’s also very possible that Fran just found out as well. Clearly Patrick did. But they may have questioned parents without letting the kids know.
huh? Do you think the DCI would ask the parents, "hey did lil Johnny ever say anything about the coach was jacking off by his bed in the hotel?'

and then the parents wouldn't ask the kid?

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
huh? Do you think the DCI would ask the parents, "hey did lil Johnny ever say anything about the coach was jacking off by his bed in the hotel?'

and then the parents wouldn't ask the kid?
No I’m saying a courtesy heads up. Questioned was a bad word.

douglasbader

Reaction score
What the fuck is wrong with you guys? How in the world do you go from an AAU guy was a pervert to that being a reason to drive Fran out of his Iowa job?