Iowa Barnstormers

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Fran's kids weren't sexually abused.
how do you know?
Because Patrick and Connor have both already expressed open shock about it and that they had no idea. I'm guessing Jack didn't get abused either.

Stop making shit up to cover for a stupid scenario you created.

Fran's kids weren't sexually abused in the Barnstormers program.
if someone videotapes you in a shower you may not know about it right away.

do you consider an act like that sexual abuse or not?

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
how do you know?
Because Patrick and Connor have both already expressed open shock about it and that they had no idea. I'm guessing Jack didn't get abused either.

Caution, proceed carefully. There may be posts from you in regards to a certain politician from Alabama about what you think is the definition of sexual abuse and pedophilia.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score

Caution, proceed carefully. There may be posts from you in regards to a certain politician from Alabama about what you think is the definition of sexual abuse and pedophilia.
reading your posts is sexual abuse.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
This might be the worst thread in the history of HaLo.

Good work, lads.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
Fran's kids weren't sexually abused.
how do you know?

Dude, I really don’t want to discuss this in any more detail, but I’m guessing the kids have no idea if they are the ones on tape or not.

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score
how do you know?

Dude, I really don’t want to discuss this in any more detail, but I’m guessing the kids have no idea if they are the ones on tape or not.
Well, even if they end up on tape without their knowledge, I doubt seriously that Fran is going to uproot them and move half way across the country to run away from it.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score

Well, even if they end up on tape without their knowledge, I doubt seriously that Fran is going to uproot them and move half way across the country to run away from it.
Don’t get me wrong, I might not be thinking it’s an issue if the team were better. But the team is a shit show right and 90% of fans are even worse. I wouldn’t want to deal with our fanbase either. It’s just an added layer of complexity.

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I might not be thinking it’s an issue if the team were better. But the team is a shit show right and 90% of fans are even worse. I wouldn’t want to deal with our fanbase either. It’s just an added layer of complexity.
I am the first to say IowaFan sucks, but for fuck's sake man. You are trying your hardest to make this something it isn't.

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I am the first to say IowaFan sucks, but for fuck's sake man. You are trying your hardest to make this something it isn't.
You’re overreacting. I mean I never think things are bad, no ones leaving, everything is fine and it crossed my mind that he maybe he says fuck it and looks for another job.

I put those chances at less than .05% btw. It’s just talk on a message board, spaz.

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score
You’re overreacting. I mean I never think things are bad, no ones leaving, everything is fine and it crossed my mind that he maybe he says fuck it and looks for another job.

I put those chances at less than .05% btw. It’s just talk on a message board, spaz.
There are multiple posters that are seriously talking about it, you put the chances at .05% and I'm the one overreacting. Lol.

Last edited:

AZmess

Reaction score

There are multiple posters that are seriously talking about, you put the chances at .05% and I'm the one overreacting. Lol.
I’ve re-read this terribly constructed, poor sentence structure of a response 10 times. I still cant figure out what you’re trying to say.

Reaction score
AZ puts the chances at less than 1 in 2000, but when nlp said it he had to chime in and share "I thought that too."
It crossed his mind after all.

Had to be distressing news for Fran to learn, I think he'll have a stroke and be unable to coach next year. With his temper and age I put the chances at about 1 in 2250. Thoughts AZ? LWade who do you think Barta hires if Fran strokes out?

AZmess

Reaction score
Lol JFC I don’t think Fran is going to leave.

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score

There are multiple posters that are seriously talking about, you put the chances at .05% and I'm the one overreacting. Lol.
I’ve re-read this terribly constructed, poor sentence structure of a response 10 times. I still cant figure out what you’re trying to say.
I fixed it for you.

AZmess

Reaction score
I fixed it for you.
Thank you. But sorry for the speculation. Let’s go back to taking about the 4 players currently on the team that won’t be back next year.

Reaction score
I still remember when I was a kid, after my family moved from Iowa, my parents friends calling to let us know about Steve Alford's hot tub.

Super big deal! There's nothing like Iowa gossip!

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
BREAKING: fucked up situations cause people to evaluate things deeper

Settle down doug. There hasn’t been one outrageous claim in this thread.

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score
BREAKING: fucked up situations cause people to evaluate things deeper

Settle down doug. There hasn’t been one outrageous claim in this thread.
I could see this being a reason for Fran to seek another gig.
Not trying to go retard here but i agree that a fresh start wouldn’t be that surprising. Patrick is 17 and he’s been through a lot.
Yeah I could see him making a lateral move or even a half step lower move.
I thought this too
obviously hes taken a look at other jobs in the recent past. That, and this season being a dumpster fire and the barnstormers thing...what reasonable guy wouldn't consider 'screw this"?
Let's play Devil's Advocate. Let's pretend that that sick pervert has videos of one of McCaffrey's children. If you were the father of a child like that, you wouldn't consider going somewhere else where this wouldn't be big news?
Pitt has been my prediction as well. It’s perfect for him.

Fran was completely betrayed by someone his entire family trusted all the way down to his youngest kid. I’m not making a prediction but it wouldn’t surprise me in the least.
I'm guessing you've never worked with or counselled victims of sexual abuse.

Sometimes they feel a geographical change is the best way to deal with it.

Reaction score
There are a number of factors that could make Fran think it's time for a move. But ultimately as Doug said, his stock is lower than it's been nationally and there's still a lot of hope for the future. If two of Bohannon/Garza/Cook were to leave, maybe he pulls an Alford but I still don't see it. Of the jobs that reasonably look to open up, I basically only see Pittsburgh and Temple that might make some sense. I also agree that he would be a tough sell for Pitt.

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score
There are a number of factors that could make Fran think it's time for a move. But ultimately as Doug said, his stock is lower than it's been nationally and there's still a lot of hope for the future. If two of Bohannon/Garza/Cook were to leave, maybe he pulls an Alford but I still don't see it. Of the jobs that reasonably look to open up, I basically only see Pittsburgh and Temple that might make some sense. I also agree that he would be a tough sell for Pitt.
I also think Temple would be nearly impossible for the optics of trading out a Fran for a Fran.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
My opinion on Pitt has nothing to do with this AAU thing.

I don’t think anyone has taken five teams to the NCAA tourney. Seems like a good final career step to me.

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Pitt is hiring Fran right now is fucking crazy

Reaction score

I don’t think anyone has taken five teams to the NCAA tourney. Seems like a good final career step to me.
lon kruger and tubby smith have both taken 5 teams to the NCAA tournet.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score

Now that we have your opinion, what's your prediction?

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Jeezuz. How does a thread start with a pedophile filming boys in showers and jacking off while sleeping in the same bed and 3 pages later it went downhill?

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score

Oh yeah, well their names aren’t fran. No one named Fran has taken five teams to the NCAA tournament.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score

Oh yeah, well their names aren’t fran. No one named Fran has taken five teams to the NCAA tournament.
Fran Fraschilla took 2 teams to the tourney.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score

Gushawk

HALO Epidemiologist
Reaction score
The financial disaster that would be any decision by Fran to leave Iowa now (including for Pitt, who won’t want him as a prime target anyway) can scarcely be overstated.

Gushawk

HALO Epidemiologist
Reaction score
There’s absolutely no way in hell he’s leaving the dollars and security he’d need to leave behind. It would be a horrible decision for his family, no matter what this sick fuck did.

Reaction score
Lost in the shuffle is the contractor, an everyday hero.
On a job spots a spy cam in the bathroom. Confirms what he thinks it is through inspection, and goes so far as to get into the guts to see what's in there and finds the illegal video.
Goes directly to the cops and assists them in getting a warrant.
Perv arrested, images confiscated, and no telling the number of boys saved from being filmed or worse.
Everyday hero.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
There’s absolutely no way in hell he’s leaving the dollars and security he’d need to leave behind. It would be a horrible decision for his family, no matter what this sick fuck did.
Agrees, but how is that a financial disaster for Iowa? If he walks, he gets nothing.

Gushawk

HALO Epidemiologist
Reaction score
I’m not talking about Iowa. It would be a potentially blessing depending on next year.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
I’m not talking about Iowa. It would be a potentially blessing depending on next year.
I don't know, Fran would get an eight-figure (aggregate) contract somewhere else, and he already has what most of us would consider "fuck you" money. Fran and Margaret are a headstrong lot. If they don't like the way they're being treated, I think they'd leave...but I'd be surprised if we're anywhere near that scenario.

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score
This seems to be having a MAJOR impact on the program.

Lol.

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
Apparently no one told Patrick that his family has had it and that they are out of Iowa city!!!

Fair and Balanced

Just the Worst
Reaction score
Let's play Devil's Advocate. Let's pretend that that sick pervert has videos of one of McCaffrey's children. If you were the father of a child like that, you wouldn't consider going somewhere else where this wouldn't be big news?
I still can't get over how retarded this is.
I'm guessing you've never worked with or counselled victims of sexual abuse.

Sometimes they feel a geographical change is the best way to deal with it.
See, now THAT'S virtue signaling.