***Iowa Basketball 2023 Off Season Thread***

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Gotta get a big in the portal. Probably won’t be able to get a wing to come in and back up Pat

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Harding might be the most interesting recruit Iowa has had in awhile.

On one hand he is unheralded with unimpressive offers, but because he plays nearby and is undeniably fun to watch, he's also staring to get some hype among the online fans.

I'm skeptical, but I've been wrong before.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Harding is a little smaller than smith but way quicker and better handle

Reaction score
Harding might be the most interesting recruit Iowa has had in awhile.

On one hand he is unheralded with unimpressive offers, but because he plays nearby and is undeniably fun to watch, he's also staring to get some hype among the online fans.

I'm skeptical, but I've been wrong before.
Sometimes I wonder how different perception and rankings would be if he didn’t like like such a goof. And wasn’t white. Like Aaron White.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'll admit his complexion impacts my perception. Kinda shitty. But outside of that, he is slight of build.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I’d like a wing and a big who isn’t afraid of contact, both delivering and receiving it

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
That’s a perfect example of what March does to people.

Princetons best win all year was … Yale at home? But they won two games in the tournament so now they’ve figured something out.
Would you call it…madness? They’re pretty open about what they hope happens.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Reading the replies, sounds like there might be a scholarship crunch.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Really curious how Dix develops. He's a SG, but was often out of necessity the primary ball handler when he played this season.

I assume they don't see him as a PG going forward.

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
On one hand that Nimmers video is impressive. On the other hand it’s against Iowa

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
Nimmers only offer was eastern Illinois and they beat our ass

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Lol at that whole highlight tape, just the 3rd teamers absolutely cooking the starters.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Really curious how Dix develops. He's a SG, but was often out of necessity the primary ball handler when he played this season.

I assume they don't see him as a PG going forward.
Played PG all the way through HS. I thought Dix looked comfortable with the ball

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
There was 1 play in the middle of those highlights where Mulvey looked like a division 1 basketball player.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Rock Island's finest there. 24.5 ppg as a senior

Coached by Marc Polite who is one of the top 5 best players of all time at UT

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Rock Island's finest there. 24.5 ppg as a senior

Coached by Marc Polite who is one of the top 5 best players of all time at UT
He seems like a good dude.

Reactions: BBK

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Nimmers looks to have the mid range game that Ulis wishes he had. His highlights remind me of those annoying Wisconsin PGs that are always strong as hell and find ways to do damage in the post.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I get those are just cherry picked practice highlights, but hard not to get excited about some of the things there. Have to prioritize keeping that kid on the roster.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Looking at the season ending advanced stats, Sandfart has really been done a disservice. He should have played way more minutes and both McCaffery brothers logging more minutes per game is fucking criminal.

I'm a Fran guy, but if he doesn't fix that shit this year with the Sandfarts and Dix v. Patrick's playing time, he'll lose me. Fuck that Ferentzian shit

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Looking at the season ending advanced stats, Sandfart has really been done a disservice. He should have played way more minutes and both McCaffery brothers logging more minutes per game is fucking criminal.

I'm a Fran guy, but if he doesn't fix that shit this year with the Sandfarts and Dix v. Patrick's playing time, he'll lose me. Fuck that Ferentzian shit
Have to wonder if they just wanted to keep the RS on Nimmers for class distribution? Cannot tell me that kid could not have helped this season over some of the options we trotted out there. When the shots aren’t falling and teams can clamp down on Murray, would have been nice to have a guard that can get to the rim. Sandfort is a smart offensive player, too. I can see Nimmers taking it to the hole and hitting Sandfort on a baseline back door cut for an easy two. Maybe they got lucky with another one. The wording of “learning from the best” is positive. No clue who he is talking about, but Hell.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
"Oye, Sandfart, we want you to take every last minute win/loss shot this season. You know, like bohannon before you."

"Oh so this means I'll be starting and playing 30+ per game, right? Awesome."

"No, you'll never start. My comparatively shitty sons will play and start more than you. Just 20 min per game, and when we need a big shot, you're our bitch."

"Splendid."

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
"Oye, Sandfart, we want you to take every last minute win/loss shot this season. You know, like bohannon before you."

"Oh so this means I'll be starting and playing 30+ per game, right? Awesome."

"No, you'll never start. My comparatively shitty sons will play and start more than you. Just 20 min per game, and when we need a big shot, you're our bitch."

"Splendid."
Ol’ dougie was wrong about Rebraca, but right about connor. Also Pat should transfer

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't think this is a "can't wait til next year at Iowa" video. This is a transfer advertisement
That was my feel also. Put it out there and see if anyone reaches out. Then have options to leverage that with Iowa or move on.