Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Actually for once does come off as a complete dipshit

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Cyclone Nation....................:RISE UP!

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Jamie Pollard:

It isn't about money v safety, but here is 1,000 words on why we need the money or we're fucked.

newsbreaker

Reaction score
They have almost no rainy day fund, because they've been spending every TV dollar to try and catch up. They have to do that, because they're a G5 program pretending to live with the rest of the P5.

Charles

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The whole “nation” thing that happens with sports teams just grates on me. I don’t know why, but it does.
ISU of course found a way to make it even worse with their awful CyclONE-NATION bullshit. Fuck them.

thrawn

Reaction score
The whole “nation” thing that happens with sports teams just grates on me. I don’t know why, but it does.
Maybe it’s just because I first remember seeing it with HawkeyeNation ca. 2002, but it feels really dated to me.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
They have almost no rainy day fund, because they've been spending every TV dollar to try and catch up. They have to do that, because they're a G5 program pretending to live with the rest of the P5.
News- is this fact? I know Hey Guys had his "have to spend it cuz non-profit" statement. But what is the reality? For example, does Iowa have "rainy day" money?

newsbreaker

Reaction score
News- is this fact? I know Hey Guys had his "have to spend it cuz non-profit" statement. But what is the reality? For example, does Iowa have "rainy day" money?
I don't know, honestly. ISU has been drunk on building the past several years, including extra seats they can't fill, and have been quite vocal that they're trying to catch up to their southern cousins in the facilities race. They were WAY behind when the money started rolling in.

The last data I can find showed Iowa had $137M in revenue against $130M in expenses. Iowa State had $88.7M in revenue and $88.6M in expenses. The extra money Iowa didn't spend is going somewhere.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
This letter was as much a shot across the bow of taxpayers and the Legislature as it was a depiction of current state financials.

The entertainment district was little more than some ideas on paper. The actual investments the athletic department has made were logical and no different than the investments any other school has made to keep pace with other programs.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
I don't know, honestly. ISU has been drunk on building the past several years, including extra seats they can't fill, and have been quite vocal that they're trying to catch up to their southern cousins in the facilities race. They were WAY behind when the money started rolling in.

The last data I can find showed Iowa had $137M in revenue against $130M in expenses. Iowa State had $88.7M in revenue and $88.6M in expenses. The extra money Iowa didn't spend is going somewhere.
Don't operating surpluses go back into the university general fund/reserves?

Last edited:

thrawn

Reaction score
Iowa’s reserve fund took a huge hit with the lawsuits a couple years ago. They were trying to build it back up, but they weren’t going to be anywhere near enough to fill a major funding gap.

I assume the B10 TV money is a little more secure just due to its stake in BTN, which will stay generate carrier fees, but that’s just a guess.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
I really don't understand it.

WTF are you unplugging from?
This is the stupidity of a generation raised on Rachael/Dave Hollis bullshit.

I have a friend who's wife is addicted to this stupid self-care crap. 3 posts a week about "purpose, and grit and destination." Its beyond stupid. Her husband makes 300K a year in an ultra secure job. Hasn't worked since they got married.

Just total bullshit

newsbreaker

Reaction score
Iowa media dorks and their fucking vacation announcements.

has @tcondon ever done that? My guess would be “no” because he is not a self-important attention whore.
TV stations used to make a short statement when an anchor was out, because the blue hairs would call and ask.

I'll admit, I was doing broadcasting in an age where constant "content" and "connection" wasn't part of the job, but I also had at least as many listeners as he does, so I feel like I have a little bit of a window here. We didn't announce vacations. We didn't say where we were going. We were just there one day, and someone was filling in the next, and then we'd come back. Maybe you'd get a few calls asking where you'd been, but nobody was much too interested in vacation time.

That's why I think this is all attention whoring. Some people in that line of work just can't function without a set of eyes on them.

hawkchick79

Woke Lefty Rioter
Reaction score
This is the stupidity of a generation raised on Rachael/Dave Hollis bullshit.

I have a friend who's wife is addicted to this stupid self-care crap. 3 posts a week about "purpose, and grit and destination." Its beyond stupid. Her husband makes 300K a year in an ultra secure job. Hasn't worked since they got married.

Just total bullshit
Is she the girl, wash your face author?

foxhawks

Doesn't wash his butthole last
Reaction score
Didn't he just become a soccer fan like 2 weeks ago?

I’ve come to a realization. As a young man, I used to lash out at all soccer fans. I put them all in the same bucket. As I’ve matured, I have realized there are real soccer fans that played the game, understand what they are watching and actually love it. Then there are dumb fucks like Chris that think “liking soccer” makes them cool and will get people to like them. Look at me! I have a jersey!!!! He is everything that I hate about soccer. Sorry, @thrawn It wasn’t you, it was me.
Also...ISU football < the Be gals.

hawkchick79

Woke Lefty Rioter
Reaction score
Yes. It's nauseating generic self-empowerment nonsense.

Like Tony Robbins for 30something white girls.
She's awful. The book is awful (haven't read it, just from what others have said).

Self-care isn't taking a bubble bath and drinking a glass of wine. It's therapy, going to doctors as needed, eating healthful foods with some good stuff in moderation, and, like, actually taking care of yourself.

Reaction score
He thinks it makes him look cultured and worldly. They use interesting terms, like tactics and kits. Lots of Europeans like it. He sees other people who fascinate him liking it, so he must do the same.
'The Arsenal' is a big topic of discussion among soccer fans.

thrawn

Reaction score
TV stations used to make a short statement when an anchor was out, because the blue hairs would call and ask.

I'll admit, I was doing broadcasting in an age where constant "content" and "connection" wasn't part of the job, but I also had at least as many listeners as he does, so I feel like I have a little bit of a window here. We didn't announce vacations. We didn't say where we were going. We were just there one day, and someone was filling in the next, and then we'd come back. Maybe you'd get a few calls asking where you'd been, but nobody was much too interested in vacation time.

That's why I think this is all attention whoring. Some people in that line of work just can't function without a set of eyes on them.
The Very Online constantly seeking validation isn't excusive to media, but media types are way more likely to be Very Online.

I broadcast my vacations on social media, but that's only because I usually only post on Instagram when traveling.