Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
Stripe the stadium! Would be so sick to wear black and walk between all of those the buildings between the stadium and the locker rooms, all the way down to that tunnel under the interstate sign holding hands to ACDC too! Then we could wave to the pet boarding thing after the 1st score! Actually helping farmers! Look at us!

thrawn

Reaction score
LOL at "totally fan organized." It wouldn't be a bad look, but has zero chance of happening without the AD really pushing for it.
Didn’t Iowa unofficially stripe the B10 title game? With social media it isn’t THAT unrealistic

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Because Iowa is the only school that "stripes" their stadium? Get over yourself, man.
Do they still do that totally original turnover chain or belt or whatever they did? That’s the other thing- not only do they do nothing original, they don’t stick with any of their “traditions”. Hey Guys is the perfect mouthpiece.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Do they still do that totally original turnover chain or belt or whatever they did? That’s the other thing- not only do they do nothing original, they don’t stick with any of their “traditions”. Hey Guys is the perfect mouthpiece.
I honestly don't recall them ever having a turnover chain/belt. Maybe Rhodes era? That's dumb if so.

I was actually pretty proud of the fans at the Iowa game completely ignoring when they dumbly played Jump Around after the third quarter.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
A PRIMETIME game???!?

They’re going to have to find another kid to wave an extra flashlight around for their tunnel walk to a sidewalk to the stadium.

Reaction score
Because Iowa is the only school that "stripes" their stadium? Get over yourself, man.
Not that it matters but I do think Iowa was one of the first schools to do the striped stadium back in 2010 against Penn State (for CFB anyways), a bunch of schools started doing it after, PSU had their first stripe out 3-4 years after that, I could be completely wrong but I don’t think I had ever seen that in CFB before that game - at least not pulled off successfully.

thrawn

Reaction score
Not that it matters but I do think Iowa was one of the first schools to do the striped stadium back in 2010 against Penn State (for CFB anyways), a bunch of schools started doing it after, PSU had their first stripe out 3-4 years after that, I could be completely wrong but I don’t think I had ever seen that in CFB before that game - at least not pulled off successfully.
No idea who invented them and don‘t particularly care, but A&M did the stripes (by stadium deck) for the first game after 9/11. I assume the idea goes back farther, although it’s easier to do with (and more beneficial for) internet marketing.

Reaction score
No idea who invented them and don‘t particularly care, but A&M did the stripes (by stadium deck) for the first game after 9/11. I assume the idea goes back farther, although it’s easier to do with (and more beneficial for) internet marketing.
Thats right, I remember that game. I looked up pictures cause I was curious., a little different since it was by deck.

I just remember Iowa getting a lot of positive publicity online for how good the stripe out looked after that game and a bunch of schools slowly started doing it, photos were everywhere online and people were raving about it on the rivals national boards

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
I hope they stripe the fuck out of that place. I hope it looks like a ranked team is playing in Ronald McDonald’s pants. I hope it’s perfectly executed and they’re all in awe of their ability to pull it off. A real win for the cyclone fanbase.