Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
I mean is he that athletic or did he just go to a shitty high school.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
If I was the coach of some shitty small town HS program and I had some 300 pound guy no one at that level could tackle, he’s playing QB and running the ball 40+ times a game.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
If I was the coach of some shitty small town HS program and I had some 300 pound guy no one at that level could tackle, he’s playing QB and running the ball 40+ times a game.
Yeah, you’re describing Brandon Scherff

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
That’s what Decorah did with the Fulsaas boys. Stick em at RB and run people over.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Had a kid on our seventh grade football team that was huge and kept begging our coach to play running back. We were 0-4 and down 3 touchdowns in the last game of the year so he finally agreed to give him a couple carries.

First carry he goes for over 30 yards. Second carry he goes 20 yards for a TD. Little kids just bouncing off of him. Half of our team just looked at our coach in disgust. Didn’t give the kid the ball the rest of the game.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
How did his mobility and poise compare to Spencer’s?

Reaction score
New throwback. It looks like about three different ideas thrown into one. Were the original jerseys actually red/gray and paired with gold pants? Helmet is a good alternate for them but doesn’t really go with the rest of the theme.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
That was back before Ohio state stole their color scheme

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
So other than a major design feature?
Other than the major feature that makes them stand out they look like other throwback uniforms that are attempting to replicate uniforms from the same time period that all roughly looked the same because Phil Knight wasn’t even born yet.

KitKatApples

Reaction score
They’ll look cool in a game against Tulane some day

thrawn

Reaction score
unfortunately since the B10 decided to kill the Pac and we’ve got a giant ass playoff coming the Clones are in pretty good shape on the conference front

KitKatApples

Reaction score
unfortunately since the B10 decided to kill the Pac and we’ve got a giant ass playoff coming the Clones are in pretty good shape on the conference front
No one is going to care

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
Those look better than most of the shit they roll out in.

thrawn

Reaction score
We learned something five years ago – well, it actually slapped us in the face five years ago. We discovered that NFL Draft experts don’t know as much as they think they know. Sure, they can target the first five or so picks. Maybe the top 10. But beyond the first round?

Why even try?

I bring that up because five years ago at this time, draft experts figured former Urbandale High School and Iowa State star receiver Allen Lazard was a cinch to be among the 256 players picked in the 2018 draft. Tall. Good hands. Physical. A perfect pick for someone, they all said.

JD720

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Was it a cinch? Does Randy just follow the draft experts at Cyclone Fanatic?

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
The one part of the nfl that is consistently bad is player scouting. Some franchises look like they literally have zero idea what they’re doing.
Im certain that I could do a better job on my couch than at least half the teams in the nfl.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
The one part of the nfl that is consistently bad is player scouting. Some franchises look like they literally have zero idea what they’re doing.
Im certain that I could do a better job on my couch than at least half the teams in the nfl.
I’m certain that you believe that.