Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

thrawn

Reaction score
His reference to 2014 does bring up the question of what your least favorite Ferentz team has been. I'm not talking most disappointing (that would be 2010 for me) or worst (2012 not counting his first year), I'm talking about team that just was atrocious or frustrating or circumstances around it made you despise them.

I always go back and forth between the 2007 and 2014 teams....

2007 - CityBoyzInc. had infected the team and were arrested in August before the season started. Jake Christensen went from highly rated next QB in line after Tate to seeing he was terrible by the first full game he played. Season was ugly from the start with a crappy win against Northern Illinois at Soldier Field. Lost 4 in a row including maddening games against Iowa State and Wisconsin.

Turned it around and won 4 out of 5 including what I think was a ranked Michigan State and Illinois. All they had to do was beat Western Michigan at home to finish 7-5 and go to a bowl game, but they played maybe one of the worst games I have ever seen at Kinnick.

They were no fun to watch, filled with shitty characters, garbage QB, had low effort and didn't even make a bowl game.

2014 - came off a pretty good season the year before, but Greg Davis offense was already infuriating and Rudock was as flashy as a middle school math teacher. The RB situation was garbage. Talent was there at other positions, but there was obviously a division going on between wanting Beathard vs. Rudock and effort sometimes sucked.

One of the worst losses ever against a terrible Iowa State team at home, but still started 6-1. Should have been 7-1, but Greg Davis and the defense sucked dick against Maryland. Blown out at Minnesota. Should have beat Wisconsin at home and then the debacle against Nebrantska and Tennessee to end the year.

Hated watching both of these teams.
I forgot that the Everson/Satterfield stuff started breaking late that season. After two disappointing years in 2005 and 2006, that really piled on.

Lol at all the missed kicks (5 combined) that game, it really was a shitshow.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I forgot just how shitty that Western Michigan team was. It was also such an odd date for that game to be played.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
That was the last game I was in Kinnick for. Who was it that got booed on senior day? Shada?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
One of my good college friends worked with Shada for a couple years and became good friends with him.

I’ve hung out with Shada a couple and he’s weird as shit. Super smart guy. Not a big fan of Iowa fans so I guess the feeling is mutual.

Last edited:

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
He Shada covered that guy so he wasn’t wide open for the touchdown!

eh?

F

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Can we please talk about how the fuck people think they’re a good team? The only decent team they beat last year was Texas, which happened because of a cluster fuck. They want to talk about close losses. How about the close wins? Including the miracle against UNI. That’s the University of Northern Iowa.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Can we please talk about how the fuck people think they’re a good team? The only decent team they beat last year was Texas, which happened because of a cluster fuck. They want to talk about close losses. How about the close wins? Including the miracle against UNI. That’s the University of Northern Iowa.
They keep throwing a bunch of shit against the wall in the offseason such that some idiots bite off a piece and run with it. Then the games are played again and they have a program altering 7-5 season

thrawn

Reaction score
I forgot just how shitty that Western Michigan team was. It was also such an odd date for that game to be played.
if I remember right

The NCAA added 12 games temporarily in 02 and 03 because of Labor Day timing, then they went back to 11 games in 04 and 05 before going back to 12 permanently for 06 forward

but the schedule had already been set, plus since the B10 only had 11 teams and didn’t play after thanksgiving the schedules could be goofy, Iowa’s bye week in 2002 was the last week of the season so they had the massive bowl layoff. Then they finished with Wisconsin for two years since that was rotating. Other years Wisconsin would have a random OOC game to finish because one of Iowa/Minnesota/Wisconsin was 3rd wheel before the Black Friday game.

when they added the 12th game Iowa also had the weird NIU game in late October 06 that Jake C started (so his first two career starts were wins over NIU). They also had an October added game against Arkansas State in 09.

thrawn

Reaction score
It’s weird now how B10 teams would wrap in mid-November not that long ago. The 02 Minnesota game where jermelle Lewis was working them like a part-time job was the 12th game on November 16. The 19 Minnesota game was the 10th game on November 16.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
It’s weird now how B10 teams would wrap in mid-November not that long ago. The 02 Minnesota game where jermelle Lewis was working them like a part-time job was the 12th game on November 16. The 19 Minnesota game was the 10th game on November 16.
That year was weird. 12 games and no bye week.

douglasbader

Reaction score
They also didn't have dynamic scheduling from what I remember back then and Iowa played 8 straight games in a row at 11am to end the season.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
It was nice not having Maryland and Rutgers in the Big Ten back then.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Also, we are forgetting one of the biggest games ever....

View attachment 20798

I laugh every single time at this. I laugh at all versions of it. This one. The close up slow motion version.

It would be funny if they touched the ball or ran into each other, but the fact that he absolutely loads up and trucks him is incredible.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I laugh every single time at this. I laugh at all versions of it. This one. The close up slow motion version.

It would be funny if they touched the ball or ran into each other, but the fact that he absolutely loads up and trucks him is incredible.
He shoves the Iowa player out of the way. Everything about it is great.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I get that having a full season would have been the best thing, but honestly if things actually do happen as they are today with a 10 game schedule where Iowa doesn't have to fuck around playing UNI and Iowa State keeps feeling better.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Sorry, Texas and ISU, but I don't even know who OU's QB will be, but he's your preseason all B12 QB.
This reminds me of a couple years ago when Iowa State fans lost their minds when Jacob Park was left off of the preseason top QB’s in the B12. OU somehow got TWO guys on this list. Some guy named Kyler Murray made the list as a backup. Not sure if he ended up being any good or not.

Park of course went from Heisman dark horse, to benched, to church league flag football by the end of that same season

thrawn

Reaction score
I have zero problem with Stansbury voting for Purdy, but LOL that it's "because of the numbers."
For a preseason team.

I think he wrote all of that just to let everyone know that he’s a B12 voter (and a super serious one at that).

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Too much of the offense ran through the quarterback....

I don't have a problem with the pick. I thought Brock played below his potential last year. Too much of the offense ran through him, allowing defenses to focus on him, which in turn led to some mistakes and some injuries. If we can develop a running game to balance the offense, the defenses will have to play more straight up, Purdy can stay healthy, and we can see what he can really do.

Reaction score
This reminds me of a couple years ago when Iowa State fans lost their minds when Jacob Park was left off of the preseason top QB’s in the B12. OU somehow got TWO guys on this list. Some guy named Kyler Murray made the list as a backup. Not sure if he ended up being any good or not.

Park of course went from Heisman dark horse, to benched, to church league flag football by the end of that same season

Last edited:
Reaction score
I need to find the YouTube of the Cyclone media interviewing him after a game while he’s hanging a fat dip and speaking white Gullah dialect

thrawn

Reaction score
I posted that Park was a SBC prank in the weekly reddit trash talk sanctioned thread back in 2017 and only got 8 upvotes. :( Should have been At least 2k and featured in the reddit cfb Twitter
Complaining about not getting enough Reddit upvotes three years ago is one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen on the internet. Especially on CFB which is probably the dumbest forum I’ve ever seen.