Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
He logged on. He is full on depressed. He is accepting that Matt Campbell is a meathead and can't gameplan and that Brock Purdy is "dog shit."

I'm still laying into him, though. Strike hard, strike first, no mercy.

ivan_drago

Reaction score
CAN YOU FUCKING IMAGINE AN ATHLETIC DIRECTOR FROM A P5 CONFERENCE (OR ANY CONFERENCE AT ANY LEVEL) SAYING THAT THEY LOST BECAUSE GOD THOUGHT THEY NEEDED TO ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
As an alum, you should email him and let him know how stupid that is. You'll get a hand written response (or a spot on KXNO as a "hater.)

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
The speed with which they went from “we are fucking amazing” early October of 2019, to “man we ducking suck” after the K-State and Bowl Game losses, to “Best team in school history! First round QB!” Back to “wow, this team might not be that good” is absolutely hilarious

As Doug has pointed out several times, The ISUFAN cycle of preseason hype was incredibly bizarre this year given the absolute thrashing in the bowl game and the offseason losses. There is absolutely nothing that should have indicated this type of performance wasnt a very real possibility

ivan_drago

Reaction score
The speed with which they went from “we are fucking amazing” early October of 2019, to “man we ducking suck” after the K-State and Bowl Game losses, to “Best team in school history! First round QB!” Back to “wow, this team might not be that good” is absolutely hilarious

As Doug has pointed out several times, The ISUFAN cycle of preseason hype was incredibly bizarre this year given the absolute thrashing in the bowl game and the offseason losses. There is absolutely nothing that should have indicated this type of performance was a very real possibility
It should have been expected.

They replaced the entire offensive line. They were absolutely throttled in their last two games. They had no studs coming in to give them hope. It was all completely media hype. There was no reasoning for it.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score

As Doug has pointed out several times, The ISUFAN cycle of preseason hype was incredibly bizarre this year given the absolute thrashing in the bowl game and the offseason losses. There is absolutely nothing that should have indicated this type of performance was a very real possibility

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
He logged on. He is full on depressed. He is accepting that Matt Campbell is a meathead and can't gameplan and that Brock Purdy is "dog shit."

I'm still laying into him, though. Strike hard, strike first, no mercy.
It won’t last. In 3 days he’ll be fully delusional once again. It’s who they are.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Look at this picture:

You wouldn't be able to tell if you didn't know better, but that is actually a Division I, FBS team's stadium. I never noticed the play clock hanging where you might normally see a Detour Ahead sign.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
It should have been expected.

They replaced the entire offensive line. They were absolutely throttled in their last two games. They had no studs coming in to give them hope. It was all completely media hype. There was no reasoning for it.
Their deeply sexual feelings for Brock Purdy are going to be a sight to behold.

Im guessing he struggles against TCU or OU, but turns in a good enough performance in one of those that by early November he’s back to being the “Heisman dark horse, first round QB!!!” by early November after a slate of games vs the some of the most awful defenses that any P5 team puts out. Like clockwork, the cycle will simply repeat all over again

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
I'm going to take a break here and peruse Cyfan for a few minutes. First time I've ventured over there in, well, a year.

Here's a start:

Honestly...it real showed that there was no spring practice this year. Way to much rust on offense...coaching and players both!
In thread about season not meaning anything:
I’ve felt this way since baseball started back up. I’ll watch the games but none of this matters, to me. Entertaining, but a throwaway season.
This season is basically just an exhibition to me.... which is fine. Wins are great, but pretty meaningless this year. When so many teams aren't playing, and games getting canceled every week..... any accomplishments you achieve this year don't really mean too much.

Look at all the upsets in the Big 12 yesterday.... it just isn't the same.... there's no energy in any of these games.
Im not even interested in extrapolating this season to what might have been with a normal off season, a normal fall camp/practice and our actual schedule that we were supposed to play. The NCAA isn’t even counting this year for eligibility and that says everything. I’m happy there’s some money coming to help not sink the AD. That’s it.
Gameday experience is so much of it for me. I would have been way more pumped up and pissed off if I was in the stands. Just the whole uncertainty of everything definitely robbed me of a lot of my enthusiasm for the first game, and that game yesterday took care of what was left. I'm still going to try to go to games if we are allowed, but it seriously makes me second guess my decision to not just defer until next year.
I didn't see a single college game yesterday where the players looked pumped up to play, and none of the games had much energy either.

It's obviously just a very odd season and situation. I think everyone is just worn out from this whole Covid thing.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
One of my favorite plays was when Purdy rolled out to his right.

Foster, whose dad played at Iowa but Iowa didn't offer, let his man waltz past him and he chased Purdy down from one sideline to the other while Purdy held the ball. Either the DE was wearing slippers or Purdy may be suffering from post COVID hearing loss.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Purdy potentially leaving Iowa State for a successful program as a grad transfer.
I can definitely see this happening after this year. The Clones have a mostly lackluster season, even if they do scrape a few wins together down the stretch, and Purdy sees his NFL stock fall enough to bail and finish out somewhere like Arizona or Arizona State as a grad transfer to try to rehabilitate it.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Keep saying it and eventually you might just convince yourself it wasn't a really bad loss on a day where you had a national television audience all to yourself. Yeah, no issues here.
Imagine losing by 17 even after the opposing team missed two chip shot FG that would made that end line look even WORSE and thinking you “out played the other team.”

What a world

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
I can definitely see this happening after this year. The Clones have a mostly lackluster season, even if they do scrape a few wins together down the stretch, and Purdy sees his NFL stock fall enough to bail and finish out somewhere like Arizona or Arizona State as a grad transfer to try to rehabilitate it.
If you were one of those schools would you be interested in that noodle-armed fuck?

There’s a reason he ended up at arguably the worst program in the history of college football.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I'm going to take a break here and peruse Cyfan for a few minutes. First time I've ventured over there in, well, a year.
I didn't see a single college game yesterday where the players looked pumped up to play, and none of the games had much energy either.
You know, I disagree, I watched a game on Saturday where the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns looked pretty pumped up.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
A well protected Purdy is a pretty good college QB. But he simply doesn’t have the arm to make those throws when he’s running for his life because of a dogshit O Line.

That isn’t going to change in 2021 either. If he has serious NFL aspirations, he should absolutely be thinking about going to a program that has shown at least some ability to recruit and coach the line in front of him

thrawn

Reaction score
Their second half drives have to be very concerning. They moved the ball okay in the first half, almost nothing after halftime adjustments

9 plays/31 yards, downs
3/-6, pick
3/1, punt
6/16, punt
7/27, punt
6/16, downs

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
It turns out shitty players who get older doesn't make them any less shitty. I guess "development" is a thing some programs actually do, its not something that just happens.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
LOL. The first story on the KXNO website is Mike Golic previewing the ISU/Louisiana game. Cyclones lose and they completely pack it in.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I wonder if Matt Campbell has finally come to the conclusion that it's literally impossible to win at Iowa State and he's fucked.
You would think the recruits telling him 'no' would have been the giveaway, but unfortunately they offer 450 prospects a year so it waters it down a bit.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
It’s funny how he talked about liking their energy when several media people were talking about how evident it was that they had zero energy.

ivan_drago

Reaction score
We've all worked or interacted with the guy who lowers his voice intentionally to sound more masculine. That's him.

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
We've all worked or interacted with the guy who lowers his voice intentionally to sound more masculine. That's him.
I went to high school with a really strange dude who had a naturally deep voice. He would intentionally try to speak with a high falsetto voice for no apparent reason other than he was creepy as shit.

Coincidentally he attended Iowa State and it is presumed he molests collies.