Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Another thread that needs to be consumed in its entirety. Has it all. "Better team lost." "NFL Draft Conspiracy." Just spectacular

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Another thread that needs to be consumed in its entirety. Has it all. "Better team lost." "NFL Draft Conspiracy." Just spectacular

An analogy would be like people acting like their house burned down when they had a small kitchen fire that just damaged their stove area. Yeah it freaking sucks and you have to replace the stove but you don’t tear the entire house down.
In this analogy, ISU lives in a 100 year old trailer in the middle of a gated community. You tear the house down.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
StinkyMcFadden said:
People are acting like we lost to some crappy FCS team this way. It wasn’t good. No one is going to say differently. They are a really good team that would finish mid pack in the Big 12. We should have beat them but it wasn’t this monumental upset.

An analogy would be like people acting like their house burned down when they had a small kitchen fire that just damaged their stove area. Yeah it freaking sucks and you have to replace the stove but you don’t tear the entire house down.

Yes we have a lot of stuff to work on. We have to figure out why we can’t seem to get those margins down. We have to figure out how to finish drives. We have to figure out how to competently run special teams. We have a ton to work on. We are still infinitely better off than we have been since at least the early 2000’s of not the 70’s or whenever we were good.

Reaction score
One of my favorite plays was when Purdy rolled out to his right.

Foster, whose dad played at Iowa but Iowa didn't offer, let his man waltz past him and he chased Purdy down from one sideline to the other while Purdy held the ball. Either the DE was wearing slippers or Purdy may be suffering from post COVID hearing loss.
(*Technicality. Dad signed with Iowa, but never actually played for Iowa. Never lettered.)

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I’m going to put some $ on the ML against the Ragin Cajuns opponent (Georgia State?) this Saturday am. I don’t think they’re very good, and I’ll get some residual schadenfreude if they prove that to us so soon.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
It's been fun being a Ragin' Cajun fan for a week, but it would be really funny if they lost 3 or 4 in a row now.
It would. We are all Georgia State fans on Saturday.

Within a month or so, they're going to start calling this a good loss.

Georgia State
Georgia Southern
App State
Coastal Carolina
UAB
Texas State
Ark State
South Alabama
Central Arkansas
ULM

Gushawk

Reaction score
ML is gonna be +500ish. Maybe a little more. There are worse ways to spend $50, imo.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Oh I absolutely hope they get smoked by 45 by (checks schedule) Georgia State next week.
It would be an uplifting turn of events for the Georgia State Panthers, whose quarterback you'll recall did not actually have post-covid myocarditis, but they thought he might have there for awhile.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
I saw that post from Stinky but assumed that one was a joke. Has to be.

2HawkFans

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
The At least we played or At least I got to see my team play a game today posts are odd. If the choice is not watching Iowa or watching Iowa get blown out by a mid-major (shit, low mid-major), I am going to choose not watching Iowa.

No one should want to watch their team get piss-pounded. What a sad fanbase if that is considered to be ok and preferable.
It's all they know...it's all they've ever known.....

2HawkFans

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
This whole thing is glorious

So where do we stand now on the OL?
Downing going down with an injury was instant disaster for the Clones today. His backup was clearly not ready to play. So: 1) Is Downing's injury minor, and will he be back for TCU. 2) What is the story on Hudson? Don't know if he was scheduled to start, but heard his name a lot as a...

cyclonefanatic.com
cyclonefanatic.com

That thread was great fun to read.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
CyTwins seems to be handling this well.

His new talking points:
(1) Louisiana is the best non-conference team they’ve played under Campbell, and
(2) Twitter Jade is no longer Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz, but is now really Tyler Barnes, per source.

(1) is solid on the troll creativity scale. (2) is actually pretty sad, and also shows he doesn’t lurk here or have sources who lurk here.

Gushawk

Reaction score
ISU probably should stop trying to emulate Wisconsin’s OL physique style with vastly inferior material. Or not.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Lol. That has to be some poor man’s Loogy shit.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Lol christ. That’s not one of ours...our trolls are better than that. HROT at best.

If real, and I want it to be real...LOLOLOLOLOLOL that’s a guy who has worn dem horns no fewer than four times in his life already.

Honestly, that post probably came from
pollard or Williams.

JD720

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I have some Clone fan friends who went to the ISU/K-State games at Arrowhead about 10 years ago. They went with a group of 5-6 couples or so. Just by chance they were tailgating next to Mahoney's grandparents. It was normal tailgating with strangers. Sharing food and drinks and everyone having a good time.

A couple of the women in my friends' group were a bit overserved and either didn't make it into the game or they left early to sleep it off a bit. Either way, they got their second wind and were drinking again by the time people were leaving the stadium as the game ended (which they didn't see or hear at all). The grandparents got back before my friends' group and the gals (trying to be friendly) held up their drinks and yelled "Yeah Mahoney!" The grandparents didn't say anything. They just got in their car and drove off. The gals thought "what the hell was there problem?"

This was their problem: