Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

Reaction score
Randle-El and James Hardy playing against Iowa had to have helped in sales for Rolaids or Tums.

Every time we played them, all you could ask was, "When the hell do they graduate?"

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
Shada is a lot like Weisman. Hawkeyes people hate because they were playing out of position. Shada should have been a serviceable to good safety and Weisman should have been revered as one of the best fullback's under Ferentz.

thrawn

Reaction score
Shada is a lot like Weisman. Hawkeyes people hate because they were playing out of position. Shada should have been a serviceable to good safety and Weisman should have been revered as one of the best fullback's under Ferentz.
Shada played safety in the 2007 Indiana game and Fletcher got lit up.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I think when doctors removed Shada's rib, they removed the "good at football" rib.

But alas, we need to transition back to making fun of the true losers here. I just enjoy seeing this in spanish, the plight of the cyclones isn't just an American thing, it's a worldly thing.

Reaction score
I think when doctors removed Shada's rib, they removed the "good at football" rib.

But alas, we need to transition back to making fun of the true losers here. I just enjoy seeing this in spanish, the plight of the cyclones isn't just an American thing, it's a worldly thing.

Ohhh "un mal" is "shitty" in Spanish!

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Sugar Cubes Campbell got really fucking lucky the last 4 years. He came into the Big XII as Oklahoma was the only team worth a shit.

Texas has been a mess. Baylor took a huge step back due to rape until recovering last year. TCU has been shitty 3 of last 4 years. Oklahoma State has been mediocre the last 2 years. West Virginia has been ok at best since 2011 except for 2016. Texas Tech has been garbage since 2013. Kansas State has been decent but nothing special since 2011. Kansas is an abomination.

Even with all that Iowa State has managed to hit an 8 win ceiling a couple times and their recruiting is actually getting shittier. They have been no threat to win the conference.

If Matt Campbell was going to do anything to elevate Iowa State, the window has officially closed. In reality, it was never really open.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The other thing that I think Iowa fans and especially Kirk Ferentz have realized the last 4-5 years is the key to sustaining success and breaking through is that you have to take care of your non-conference games.

The difference between 8 and 10 wins is massive yet simple at the same time. If you want to win at that level, don't lose to teams like UNI and Louisiana.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
They’ve lost some pretty good talent the last couple of years and it’s beginning to show Campbell’s (and moreso ISU’s) challenges in recruiting. There should have been some momentum achieved but it so hard to recruit to that shithole that they’re left with inferior talent on the team and a horrible recruiting class. Campbell should have left last year.

douglasbader

Reaction score
They’ve lost some pretty good talent the last couple of years and it’s beginning to show Campbell’s (and moreso ISU’s) challenges in recruiting. There should have been some momentum achieved but it so hard to recruit to that shithole that they’re left with inferior talent on the team and a horrible recruiting class. Campbell should have left last year.
They are at such a massive disadvantage that I don't know if they can ever be anything more than exactly what they are. They have had 110+ years to be something else and haven't even won more than 9 games in a season yet.

Kansas State was in a similar situation and broke out, but they had advantages because Kansas sucks.

Sugar Cubes Campbell is no longer a draw to kids like he was even barely only a couple years ago. You can't talk about Trust the Process going on over 5 years into something.

Iowa took a jump up in winning and recruiting. Kansas State and Kansas both have newer coaches with better reputations. Minnesota has a high profile coach that is good at recruiting. They are surrounded by better teams or options or coaches or newer shiny options.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
They are at such a massive disadvantage that I don't know if they can ever be anything more than exactly what they are. They have had 110+ years to be something else and haven't even won more than 9 games in a season yet.

Kansas State was in a similar situation and broke out, but they had advantages because Kansas sucks.

Sugar Cubes Campbell is no longer a draw to kids like he was even barely only a couple years ago. You can't talk about Trust the Process going on over 5 years into something.

Iowa took a jump up in winning and recruiting. Kansas State and Kansas both have newer coaches with better reputations. Minnesota has a high profile coach that is good at recruiting. They are surrounded by better teams or options or coaches or newer shiny options.
Iowa will have to hire a new coach who doesn’t recruit Iowa, and they will have to somehow be more attractive in Missouri and Texas than teams like Missouri, OSU, Arkansas, K-State, Baylor etc etc. Just to get to consistent 9 win seasons. It almost can’t happen.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
How much he can put this on Iowa State being such a shitty program? What I'm wondering is if he could bail and still get a better job. I think yes.

Obviously not as good as he'd have gotten two years ago, but since nearly every P5 program is a better job than ISU I think he still has multiple places that'd offer him a head coaching job. Some AD is going to look at him and say "holy shit, how did he win even that many games at Iowa State?"

Plus he negotiates his own contracts so they know they'll save a ton.

thrawn

Reaction score

Didn't Snyder (basically the best coach in NCAA history) also load up on JUCOs who hadn't qualifed out of HS? Seems like that avenue is gone now.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Iowa high school football is light years ahead of where it was even 5 years ago and he’s still coming in second. Now other programs are dipping their toes into Iowa for recruits making it even harder for him.

Not leaving Iowa State when he had a chance was just a bad decision. Even if it was based on his kids. It would have taken them about 90 seconds to find friends as the coaches kids.

2HawkFans

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Iowa high school football is light years ahead of where it was even 5 years ago and he’s still coming in second. Now other programs are dipping their toes into Iowa for recruits making it even harder for him.

Not leaving Iowa State when he had a chance was just a bad decision. Even if it was based on his kids. It would have taken them about 90 seconds to find friends as the coaches kids.
Yep, strike while the iron is hot. His escape window is slowly closing. Unless he can pull a rabbit out of his hat, I just don't see many of the more lucrative places being very excited about him.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Yep, strike while the iron is hot. His escape window is slowly closing. Unless he can pull a rabbit out of his hat, I just don't see many of the more lucrative places being very excited about him.
One of the National podcasts were talking about how him and Dino Babers completely whiffed on their window and how their job is almost more difficult now than it was when they took over.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Can’t imagine many big paydays on the horizon either with all programs looking at deficits in the short term. Less coaches getting fired/bought out in the next few years I’m guessing.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
I kind of hope he never leaves.
I remember thinking the same thing about Paul Rhoads (is that how you spell his last name?) a year or two after he signed his big ten-year contact extension. The cycle just keeps repeating.

douglasbader

Reaction score

I wrote this before (big surprise) but I don't think he wants to leave. He is a dork that fits right in with Jamie and the Iowa State culture. We are talking about a guy that was pushing Advocare while coaching a Power 5 team. He doesn't have an agent.

The guy has like 4 little kids and a wife and he can make $4m per year or whatever it is in Ames. He is in zero danger of ever being fired unless he completely tanks.

I think he is very happy right where he is.