Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

BluesHawk

Goes to Applebee’s for special occasions
Reaction score
I still am not sold on his coaching.
He’s absolutely a good coach.
I think this is one of those things that reasonable people can disagree on. He's doing decent things there, but he's coaching in the Big 12, so that's a big asterisk in my book. When you look at his results against teams with a pulse OOC, it paints a different picture.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
I think this is one of those things that reasonable people can disagree on. He's doing decent things there, but he's coaching in the Big 12, so that's a big asterisk in my book. When you look at his results against teams with a pulse OOC, it paints a different picture.
I don't really disagree with any of that. But considering the complete and total ineptitude that Iowa State football has been, Campbell is doing a good job. He's the first coach in their history to have four straight winning seasons.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I don't really disagree with any of that. But considering the complete and total ineptitude that Iowa State football has been, Campbell is doing a good job. He's the first coach in their history to have four straight winning seasons.
He is a no doubt top 2 coach in program history. He has to be at least solid.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Similar to what Texas A&M does (or something), but during the game at a specified time, the crowd is supposed to put their hand in the air and spin it around like a cyclone. There was a tweet about it last week, and ABC showed the crowd doing it on Saturday.
I saw it but thought it was representing a flushing toilet.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I was going to mention that he has a lot of FCS wins, but other ISU coaches have a lot of FCS losses.

Reaction score
Really at the end of the day, ISU tried to out Iowa, Iowa.
Then why did ISU have so many chances to beat Iowa? Each of the past 4 times ISU's been right there, exception maybe being 2018.

'17, '19, and this weekend came down to one team being more sound than the other when it mattered most.

Iowa's had some nice teams those seasons so the play needed to be made.
In 2021 (and likely in 2019) we had every opportunity to beat Iowa by doing Iowa things. We have/had the talent to do it and the defense to back it up. 4 TO’s and where they occurred lost this game. It was details, not scheme that cost us. Inspite of that, we only lost by 10. Doesn’t mean the way you want to play should be scraped for this game or any other.
They still don't get it.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Also, unless Purdy vastly improves and their TE is healthy, teams are going to key off on Hall even more than they ever have. He is going to get hurt sooner than later.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Campbell can actually coach though, unlike Fleck who is an intolerable piece of shit that is a used car salesman.
Fleck is actually a decent coach, man. He might be annoying and a twerp, but he's gotten some pretty good results out of a couple mediocre programs.

If Nebrantska wanted to go back to something resembling the Bo Pelini days, they should consider throwing some money at Fleck.

I dont think Fleck would take that job, tho. He probably expects a top tier job, something that Nebrantska no longer is.

Bubba Sparxxx

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Did he get your account banned?
Suspended but unsure when the suspension ends. I've read anywhere from 12 hours to a week. It was 3 tweets where I replied on someone else's tweet that got me suspended. Actually not bad ones either, may have to start reporting all the Corn podcast dorks if that's the game they want to play

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Fleck is actually a decent coach, man. He might be annoying and a twerp, but he's gotten some pretty good results out of a couple mediocre programs.

If Nebrantska wanted to go back to something resembling the Bo Pelini days, they should consider throwing some money at Fleck.

I dont think Fleck would take that job, tho. He probably expects a top tier job, something that Nebrantska no longer is.
does he go somewhere he can't take his boat to?

Reactions: BBK

drbutkus

A little saying
Reaction score
The most pathetic thing about all of this "turnover" talk is acting as if they are complete flukes and chance similar to when they led the nation in fumbles recovered or lost. That stat is always a complete fluke that evens itself out.

Interception #1 was a late, underthrown duck by their noodle armed QB to a WR being covered by an All-Big Ten CB. It was no accident.

Fumble #1 was a ridiculous move by an athletic and talented LB that punched the ball out intentionally. The bounce and recovery was a fluke, but the punch out fumble wasn't.

Interception #2 was a poorly thrown ball that was too hard and too high to a receiver crossing and picked by a disciplined LB that was in the perfect position to take advantage of it.

Interception #3 was a terrible throw that was going to be run back for a pick 6 if it doesn't get deflected. Even if you think it wasn't, the DE made a great play deflecting the ball that led to an easy interception. It wasn't an accident, the DE is coached to do exactly what he did.

They are a bunch of morons that have no clue how football actually works. They were outplayed by a better and supremely more disciplined team. As much as we shit on Petras for being a pants shitting goober, he knows enough to not do what Purdy did and has done for years now.
If you are looking for a simple difference between the 2 programs and why one is renowned and one is a historical joke, there you go.
noodle armed QB

:)

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I enjoyed that, but he needed to incorporate relegation as well. For a second, I though he was going there.

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
Every Iowa State fan needs to see that.

I'm doing my part.

SousyHawk

melts in your mouth, and not in your hand.
Reaction score
Fleck also seems to love being a college coach in a professional sports market. He seems to have found a way to get good press but not the negative attention of the smaller markets.

TAIhawk

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
He is a Miss St fan and from what I can gather, he didn’t like the Outback Bowl loss a few years ago.
Yes- had a little podcast of his own with a fairly small but loyal following. He was in press box at the Outback Bowl and had a pretty good meltdown immediately following the Outback saying stuff like he couldn’t believe the Dawgs had just got beaten by a bunch of slow, white, Opie Taylor’s from Hicksville Iowa….. he got a ton of negative press about it and even went on some Iowa podcasts afterward to apologize and eat crow. A year or two later he got a break and landed a job with Barstool.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Brandon Walker is a piece of shit.

He’s right, though.