Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

JD720

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Remember when ISU was set up for their best season ever, top ten team, playoff talk, gameday in town for the 2nd time and promptly got pun'k by Aston Kutcher, Lee Corso, the Aflac trivia question and the Iowa defense?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
This thread has everything. Love me a good sweet treat.

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Remember when ISU was set up for their best season ever, top ten team, playoff talk, gameday in town for the 2nd time and promptly got pun'k by Aston Kutcher, Lee Corso, the Aflac trivia question and the Iowa defense?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
As sad as Williams and Blum are over the actual game, I don’t think either caught a minute of GameDay’s three hour shit it took on ISU. HaLo’s Twitter Army should ensure that they’re aware.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I’d say Saturday was one of the most embarrassing moments for any college football program in a decade, but Iowa State is less than three years removed from nearly losing to a nonscholarship program.
I honestly think we as Iowa fans are still in shock over the lead up to the game, what transpired that morning and the actual game.

What happened to Iowa State was a complete and total embarrassment nationally to their fans and program. We won't be able to truly appreciate the full effect of this until later this year.

Last year they got a free pass in the rankings and were a lot higher than they ever deserved to be. This year it will be the opposite and they will be shit on for the first 2 games of the years no matter how they end up.

Oh wait, it won't matter because they won't be ranked by mid October at the latest.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
They only fell five (??) spots after those embarrassing first two games. They've been given a pass again this year already.
They’ll be out after they lose at Baylor next weekend.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
You fuckers did this exact same bit the past couple years. Once they hit the butter soft Big12 they’ll be fine.
If I keep saying it, I’ll be right once. It’s the good ol’ Bader Blunder.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
I honestly think we as Iowa fans are still in shock over the lead up to the game, what transpired that morning and the actual game.

What happened to Iowa State was a complete and total embarrassment nationally to their fans and program. We won't be able to truly appreciate the full effect of this until later this year.

Last year they got a free pass in the rankings and were a lot higher than they ever deserved to be. This year it will be the opposite and they will be shit on for the first 2 games of the years no matter how they end up.

Oh wait, it won't matter because they won't be ranked by mid October at the latest.
I like this post. Hope it works out this way.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Unfortunately for us, them suffering a disappointing 7 win season will only be viewed as the next sign that they’ve actually arrived.
I was told that 9 was the floor.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
They only fell five (??) spots after those embarrassing first two games. They've been given a pass again this year already.
Posted elsewhere, but there are 3 AP voters who have them unranked. That's quite a fall in stature.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
They were the highest ranked team to have unranked votes. In the Iowa season thread. Someone actually had them 8th.

thrawn

Reaction score
Not that the AP poll is ever flawless, but weeks 2-5ish are pretty rough. How do you balance unbalanced opportunists at accomplishments (which themselves are only accomplishments because of expectations) with the alleged prep and evaluation you did? At least by October you’re generally just ranking the teams with the same number of losses in tiers or whatever.