Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
The really thought they had us this time. All of the stuff before the 2020 season about Iowa players saying it was a RACIST!! program and firing Doyle and most of them thinking the whole staff would be fired and everyone would transfer.

Next they pull 9 wins out of their ass and the FIESTA!! bowl win and Top 8 ranking while Iowa had their last 2 games shut down by Covid.

Then the offseason where they win everything and end up as the AP #7 team and are totally stealing recruits from Iowa and they have the game at Trice and ESPN and Gameday might show up.....

Only instead of the dream season, it starts with the Big XII imploding and being relegated to a G5 level. Then Iowa starts the year beating the shit out of a ranked team while they struggle to beat an FCS team at home.

Finally they get Gameday and instead of a celebration of Ames and Iowa State, it is a 3 hour troll fest complete with Hawkeye superfan Ashton Kutcher showing up on a black and gold combine and Lee Corso putting on the Herky headgear. Follow that up with a ass whooping so bad their beloved Sugar Cubes pulled their "Heisman" QB and quit in the 3rd quarter. Then follow that with a loss at Baylor and Iowa ranked in the Top 5.

Lol. It's beautiful.
Print this shit in the register. Fuck. Yeah.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
This is an old gem

Quotable: "That was the first game I started in. At the time, I thought it was cool. Until I played in everyone else's stadium." — a Big 12 South offensive player, on Jack Trice Stadium
Quotable: II: "We went up there two years ago and it looks like a McDonald's, all red and yellow. It looks kind of funny." — a Big 12 North offensive player, on Jack Trice Stadium

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
I ran a ton of errands today in WDM wearing my newly donated Texas Longhorns shirt.

I was accosted by, not 1, not 2, not 3, but 0 Cyclone fans. Saw plenty though.

Starting to think they are really just a bunch of internet pussies and the whole horns down thing is just a lie. I'll keep trying.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
This is an old gem

Quotable: "That was the first game I started in. At the time, I thought it was cool. Until I played in everyone else's stadium." — a Big 12 South offensive player, on Jack Trice Stadium
Quotable: II: "We went up there two years ago and it looks like a McDonald's, all red and yellow. It looks kind of funny." — a Big 12 North offensive player, on Jack Trice Stadium
That’s awesome, and only one of the best stadiums, including the “receiving votes” section remains in the 12, so that’s fun.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
I mean otherwise, where are we going to find this material?

No matter how many times I see that I can’t get over fucking hard he drilled the returner. Like, both of them lost their shoes kinda hard. So awesome.

I mean, I’m pretty sure Iowa was already getting utterly destroyed when Parker threw the ball forward while falling out of bounds before pointing at the ball to say “go get that, dumbasses.” That play turned a disappointing day into a comedy. The ISU play was in a 1-point game when the returning team theoretically could still win. And then a guy hits his teammate harder than Bob Sanders hit people in the days before targeting penalties and the game was lost. It’s so goddamn perfect.

thrawn

Reaction score
No matter how many times I see that I can’t get over fucking hard he drilled the returner. Like, both of them lost their shoes kinda hard. So awesome.

I mean, I’m pretty sure Iowa was already getting utterly destroyed when Parker threw the ball forward while falling out of bounds before pointing at the ball to say “go get that, dumbasses.” That play turned a disappointing day into a comedy. The ISU play was in a 1-point game when the returning team theoretically could still win. And then a guy hits his teammate harder than Bob Sanders hit people in the days before targeting penalties and the game was lost. It’s so goddamn perfect.
best part is he had signaled for a fair catch, and then the guy who drills him changes his direction to block Roberts which left him in the path to blow the guy up

Reaction score
I mean otherwise, where are we going to find this material?

those are some uniforms they could actually try to build an identity too, instead they go black and 8,000 different combinations. probably never wore those again.

Reaction score
The really thought they had us this time. All of the stuff before the 2020 season about Iowa players saying it was a RACIST!! program and firing Doyle and most of them thinking the whole staff would be fired and everyone would transfer.

Next they pull 9 wins out of their ass and the FIESTA!! bowl win and Top 8 ranking while Iowa had their last 2 games shut down by Covid.

Then the offseason where they win everything and end up as the AP #7 team and are totally stealing recruits from Iowa and they have the game at Trice and ESPN and Gameday might show up.....

Only instead of the dream season, it starts with the Big XII imploding and being relegated to a G5 level. Then Iowa starts the year beating the shit out of a ranked team while they struggle to beat an FCS team at home.

Finally they get Gameday and instead of a celebration of Ames and Iowa State, it is a 3 hour troll fest complete with Hawkeye superfan Ashton Kutcher showing up on a black and gold combine and Lee Corso putting on the Herky headgear. Follow that up with a ass whooping so bad their beloved Sugar Cubes pulled their "Heisman" QB and quit in the 3rd quarter. Then follow that with a loss at Baylor and Iowa ranked in the Top 5.

Lol. It's beautiful.
me in late August

Not predicting victory on 9/11 but if ISU loses that game oh man will the meltdown be legendary- dream season ruined, no wins over Iowa since 2014 (and none for Chaka) continues, all while their ability to maintain a competitive program longterm is crumbling. They would lose it.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
That’s not even an exaggeration, those were basically his exact words.

Chris Williams said he thinks a lot of their issues have to do with teams getting more up to play them than they have in the past and are actually scheming to stop Iowa St now. He took it as a point of pride that Purdy said Baylor ran some blitzes against them they hadn’t seen on tape. They’ve arrived!
we are worried about teams getting up for us!

We don’t get any respect!!

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
43 people (so far) loved my post. I'll repeat it every fucking day you fucking Mike Gundy dick sucking retarded ankle taping dipshit.
How many likes did the other posts exactly like it get? I’m just trying to save you some keystrokes, my man. Stay angry.

Last edited:

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Will they ever understand that last year was a joke of a season?
Nope, and they spell out right there how dumb they are.

"Hey, we were a couple plays from this, and then a few more from this other thing, of course minus a loss to a Sun Belt team."

They have no clue how far off they were, not how close.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Will they ever understand that last year was a joke of a season?
It’s not even exclusive to 2020’s bizarre circumstances. They did the same thing 2-3 years before when they fumbled like 12 times and lost just one.

EDIT: Scooped by Newsy

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
But we only need bounces to go our way because of major coaching/management failures, like our huge series of special teams mistakes and offensive ineptitude. Those aren't issues of breaks or bounces going our way, but us making things more difficult for ourselves than they ought to be.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
How many Heismans has Mitchell won by now?
Hard to win Heismans as a 4th stringer at Temple.

Side note, temple has Dwan Mathis who transferred from Georgia. Could be one to watch as a grad transfer in the future