Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
“I had that testicle removed last Tuesday afternoon and, unfortunately, learned a day later it was cancerous.”

What if it wasn’t cancerous? He unnecessarily had his nut removed? Maybe that’s how it works. I don’t know, I’m not a doctor.
It was a planned surgery to remove and give to Matt Campbell.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
A teacher at one of the low-income elementary schools that feeds into my high school used to have her students write a letter to Santa. While I thought there was a better way to have young students learn about letter writing, I didn't say so when she asked if my AP Lit students would respond to the letters as Santa. The kids thought it was fun and sweet and what not. But, holy shit, did they read about some shitty situations. One girl wrote to Santa that she didn't want him to bring anything for her, but just wanted her brother to get something this year.

There are sad situations in every elementary school that many of us simply can't imagine. But when we're accidentally forced to actually confront them, most of us don't fucking Tweet about it.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
We have Santa bring the kids one gift for this reason. The rest are from mom and dad or grandpa and grandma.
My five year old is pretty pumped about Christmas because he gets free presents that no one has to pay for. He is getting one from Santa.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
A teacher at one of the low-income elementary schools that feeds into my high school used to have her students write a letter to Santa. While I thought there was a better way to have young students learn about letter writing, I didn't say so when she asked if my AP Lit students would respond to the letters as Santa. The kids thought it was fun and sweet and what not. But, holy shit, did they read about some shitty situations. One girl wrote to Santa that she didn't want him to bring anything for her, but just wanted her brother to get something this year.

There are sad situations in every elementary school that many of us simply can't imagine. But when we're accidentally forced to actually confront them, most of us don't fucking Tweet about it.
In a couple of the Waterloo schools there are a number of kids who don’t eat between going home and coming back to school the next day.

In the group I’ve talked about kids earn money and save half for graduation. The other half they can spend, save more or give however they want. The percent of money that’s spent on their family is both sweet and sad at the same time. Sometimes they’ll pick up a present for a little sister but it’s really common for them to buy things like toilet paper or school supplies too

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
In a couple of the Waterloo schools there are a number of kids who don’t eat between going home and coming back to school the next day.

In the group I’ve talked about kids earn money and save half for graduation. The other half they can spend, save more or give however they want. The percent of money that’s spent on their family is both sweet and sad at the same time. Sometimes they’ll pick up a present for a little sister but it’s really common for them to buy things like toilet paper or school supplies too
The meals thing is every school. It’s pretty sad how many kids rely on school for food. A lot of them get a backpack of food for the weekends as well. I’m just glad they have a place that can help them.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
We have Santa bring the kids one gift for this reason. The rest are from mom and dad or grandpa and grandma.
The reason my kids only get one gift from Santa is because I want the credit for all that nice stuff they’re getting. Not that fat, perverted, bearded asshole.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score

I did a pen-pal thing with a elementary grade in Waterloo, way over on the east side. They had kids coming to school with leaves in their hair, because they were sleeping in a park for days at a time. Kids who never ate except at school. The saddest possible stuff.

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
The reason my kids only get one gift from Santa is because I want the credit for all that nice stuff they’re getting. Not that fat, perverted, bearded asshole.
That describes a lot of people here. You will have to be more specific.

Spring Hawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
The meals thing is every school. It’s pretty sad how many kids rely on school for food. A lot of them get a backpack of food for the weekends as well. I’m just glad they have a place that can help them.
There is a group down here called Kids Meals Inc that is focused on the younger than school aged siblings of the kids in the free lunch programs at school. Sobering the number of lunches they make a day, and then how that number more than doubles on days without school. And that is just families that know about or are willing to ask for help from the program.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I don’t want the less privileged kids to wonder why Santa only brought them a Disney trip instead of a Disney trip and a new surf boat.

newsbreaker

Reaction score
Iowa State is going to be a blue blood program in the new world:

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
I assume the next tribute will be his former testicle being put on display at Mid American Field Jamie Pollard Interstate Road Sign at Jack Trice Stadium.

1638551138039.jpeg

newsbreaker

Reaction score
I know a guy who had testicular cancer. He has a prosthetic. Maybe Jamie could raise some funds for the soon-to-be-broke ISU Athletic Department by showing people his fake ball.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I don't understand why that's supposed to be a burn. Unless the 2nd place team in your division is undefeated (except for a loss to you) couldn't a similar statement be made about every team that ever plays in a championship game?

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Lest we forget, Wisconsin was 1-3 and had been almost completely uncompetitive until the second weekend of October. They, along with this Stivers weirdo - whose thoughts keep inexplicably getting posted - can go to hell.

thrawn

Reaction score
I don't understand why that's supposed to be a burn. Unless the 2nd place team in your division is undefeated (except for a loss to you) couldn't a similar statement be made about every team that ever plays in a championship game?
It applies to Purdue’s loss to Minnesota, no one seems to care since it was on October 2.