Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

BluesHawk

Goes to Applebee’s for special occasions
Reaction score
That can't possibly be true, can it?

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Even if it’s half-true, he’s got to cry himself to sleep at night.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
I love how they always compare themselves to Alabama. The last time Alabama won less than 10 games was in 2007 in Saban’s first year when he went 7-6. He followed that with 12-2 and 14-0. Same thing though.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Trust me. The lions are definitely capable of hiring him

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Whether the Lions or not, he was in a lot of conversations and speculation a year ago. Now, I haven’t heard his name. He’s a 5-7 season with an all-new team from being firmly on the Paul Rhoads career track.

thrawn

Reaction score
Rhoads never had a winning conference record and Campbell has like four or five wins better than Rhoads winning when Nebrantska had 17 turnovers. He’s clearly their best coach since at least the 70s.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
I don’t disagree at all. I meant he didn’t leave when he had great opportunities and could face the reality of Iowa State football.

thrawn

Reaction score
But Rhoads never even had a good team. His early teams just took advantage of an 8-game B12 North schedule and then he had two more bowl by beating Iowa in the early 2010s Kirk nadir. No one was ever going to hire him and he got overrated locally for speeches and being a local guy who wanted the job.

Campbell’s last five teams were all better than any Rhoads team. They aren’t going to be a top 25 team regularly but nothing really looks like they’re losing 9 games regularly.

My guess for a failure arc is he churns out a bunch more 6-8 seasons and then at some point they divorce. Like Joe Tiller basically.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
But Rhoads never even had a good team. His early teams just took advantage of an 8-game B12 North schedule and then he had two more bowl by beating Iowa in the early 2010s Kirk nadir. No one was ever going to hire him and he got overrated locally for speeches and being a local guy who wanted the job.

Campbell’s last five teams were all better than any Rhoads team. They aren’t going to be a top 25 team regularly but nothing really looks like they’re losing 9 games regularly.

My guess for a failure arc is he churns out a bunch more 6-8 seasons and then at some point they divorce. Like Joe Tiller basically.
I don’t think advocare makes oatmeal

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Whether the Lions or not, he was in a lot of conversations and speculation a year ago. Now, I haven’t heard his name. He’s a 5-7 season with an all-new team from being firmly on the Paul Rhoads career track.
Is this in print somewhere? I need a link

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
He did not get offered a job by the Lions. That is complete fiction he leaked to try and get interest and an extension. He didn’t even interview. Anyone who believes they offered him a job without an interview is a completely gullible oh yeah we’re talking about iowa state fans carry on

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
My third grade class couldn’t spell “science” correctly even after everyone was allowed to go up to the chalkboard and try as many times as they wanted.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
We will talk for years about the epic fall they had at....BYU.

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It’s appears to be a random sampling of a few fall sports. I don’t understand why some sports are included and others aren’t