**Iowa State vs Iowa - 12/6/18 - 7:00 pm - FS1**

coff

Busker
Reaction score
Iowa with the huge bounce back from a tough loss to a good Wisconsin team and a Top 10 Michigan State.

This team is good when they are not shooting like shit. bohannon will be red hot in a few weeks.
Imagine what they will be if they not only continue to shoot like this, but they eliminate the silly, unforced turnovers, like those when making an entry pass.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
The Iowa students were basically a no-show and the opposite ens had probably 1000 open seats as well. I was worried about Iowa State fans showing up in good numbers but there were barely any there. Their fan base is all talk. All hat and they screw cattle.
I thought there was a decent amount of ISU fans there. And Carver was pretty lame for most of the night. Surprised me as Caver was a blast 2 years ago when they played.
Agreed, the atmosphere was good but not crazy. That’s just the difference between ISU and a conference game vs a rival that means a lot more.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
The Iowa students were basically a no-show and the opposite ens had probably 1000 open seats as well. I was worried about Iowa State fans showing up in good numbers but there were barely any there. Their fan base is all talk. All hat and they screw cattle.
I thought there was a decent amount of ISU fans there. And Carver was pretty lame for most of the night. Surprised me as Caver was a blast 2 years ago when they played.
Agreed, the atmosphere was good but not crazy. That’s just the difference between ISU and a conference game vs a rival that means a lot more.
It was noticeably better for the Wisconsin game for sure.

Wayne Rogers

Has Bad Ideas
Reaction score
If they think they hate Connor now as a reserve, just wait until he has a 24 point, 15 assist game against them.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
I am watching the game now, what the fuck is wrong with Prohm?? He was acting like an idiot last night.
I’ve been a season ticket holder his whole time here and never seen him act like that heated. Or really even very close to that.

My only guess is that he thinks the team lacks “fire” and was trying to set an example, but it’s so far out of his norm that he didn’t do it well.

Revolver

Reaction score
Changed the desktop on an ISU fan co-worker's to a collage of Connor McCaffery photos. He hasn't noticed yet, but it will be glorious when he does.

There's really no need to keep you posted. That's all.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Changed the desktop on an ISU fan co-worker's to a collage of Connor McCaffery photos. He hasn't noticed yet, but it will be glorious when he does.

rascal

Reaction score

Has the hilarity ensued yet? I can’t take the suspense.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score

I'm sure the coworker just quietly changed it back to Chris Williams nursing on Georges Niang's ample bosom.

Revolver

Reaction score

I'm sure the coworker just quietly changed it back to Chris Williams nursing on Georges Niang's ample bosom.
I've gathered through chain emails that he will be back around 1.

The pic was initially a pic of his dipshit kids who clearly don’t stand a chance.

Bob

Reaction score
I dunno if it's more than Connor but people really hated Woody for the eye gouging thing

Reaction score
Was it true that there were empty seats at Carver last night?
Yeah, mainly on the end opposite the students. You wouldn't have known it by pre- and postgame traffic, though. Holy shit, they will never figure out how to get people in and out of the area for basketball (plus I think there was a sold out show at Hancher, but still).
Have we ever had a guy that will be as hated as Connor?
Scooped by Wanderer, but just wait for Patrick. Red-ass personified.

Revolver

Reaction score
We have played in two games where a coach made a complete jackass out of himself and neither time was Fran.

Reaction score
Yeah, mainly on the end opposite the students. You wouldn't have known it by pre- and postgame traffic, though. Holy shit, they will never figure out how to get people in and out of the area for basketball (plus I think there was a sold out show at Hancher, but still).
Les Mis is going on at Hancher. There is no excuse to not have anyone out there for traffic control pre-game. Regular traffic lights were just fucking everything up. The Wisconsin game was bad, too .

Revolver

Reaction score
Les Mis is going on at Hancher. There is no excuse to not have anyone out there for traffic control pre-game. Regular traffic lights were just fucking everything up. The Wisconsin game was bad, too .
The Wisconsin game was the worst traffic I've ever experienced on the way into/out of an Iowa Basketball game. They had two people working in the lot right next to the stadium and no one was moving at all. It was horrible.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
I have decided that I will not be cheering for the Iowa State Cyclones and CSP the rest of the way.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
We have played in two games where a coach made a complete jackass out of himself and neither time was Fran.
I know Fran can still get red in the face, but he really doesn't have his really bad moments like he did 5-6 years ago, but opposing fans/media don't really know this since they don't follow the team on a game-by-game basis so it is usually the same ol' "Fran is classless and throws chairs and blah blah blah".

He is actually relatively calm for the most part.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
The turnovers on the entry passes are maddening but its a necessary evil, given how much of a priority getting the ball inside is for this team. They're not going to beat guys off the dribble so the offense has to revolve around getting it inside. There will be multiple such instances every game.

Love that Eldridge went up to Prohm and told him to get his hands off our players.

Who was Fran yelling at on the bench towards the end of the game and why? Siebert?

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
The turnovers on the entry passes are maddening but its a necessary evil, given how much of a priority getting the ball inside is for this team. They're not going to beat guys off the dribble so the offense has to revolve around getting it inside. There will be multiple such instances every game.

Love that Eldridge went up to Prohm and told him to get his hands off our players.

Who was Fran yelling at on the bench towards the end of the game and why? Siebert?
Defiantly looked like Siebert.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
This is a good way of looking at it. For years we never had this problem because Mike "10,000/1 assist to TO ratio" Gesell would never make a risky pass or feed it down low.

coff

Busker
Reaction score

Uh, no, it isn't a necessary evil.

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
How should the blame be divided on the entry pass turnovers? I mean, obviously many times the passes are just awful. Mis-timed, bad angles, etc. But often times it's clear that the pass is fine but Cook's hands are to blame or his inability to keep his guy walled off.

I'd say it's 60-40 the passers fault, but Cook is definitely a huge part of the problem.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
How should the blame be divided on the entry pass turnovers? I mean, obviously many times the passes are just awful. Mis-timed, bad angles, etc. But often times it's clear that the pass is fine but Cook's hands are to blame or his inability to keep his guy walled off.

I'd say it's 60-40 the passers fault, but Cook is definitely a huge part of the problem.
Look at the big brain on Bovert!

Wayne Rogers

Has Bad Ideas
Reaction score

50/50.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Pretty simple really. If Cook is having a good game, it’s the passers fault. If he’s out there stepping on his dick and air balling 15 footers, then he’s doing a shitty job of sealing off.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Entry passes aside, there were ~6 turnovers that were completely retarded.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
These players have an incredible tendency as soon as they get even the tiniest bit hot to start playing like complete idiots.

The Dad

Reaction score
These players have an incredible tendency as soon as they get even the tiniest bit hot to start playing like complete idiots.
Yep. Launch a 35 foot out of rhythm “heat check”.

Moss, on the other hand, gets to 20 then refuses to look for his shot.

The Dad

Reaction score
Jesus, most of us are miserable, complaining fucks, win or lose.

coff

Busker
Reaction score

So you just asked and answered your own question.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
I was proud how Moss started the game last night.

His foot wasn't on the line for his first three three-point attempts.

coff

Busker
Reaction score
Yep. Launch a 35 foot out of rhythm “heat check”.

Moss, on the other hand, gets to 20 then refuses to look for his shot.
I found that inexplicable, and frustrating.

Reaction score
I'm not going to DMOFR. Why did Shayok leave UVA?
Because he's a chucker, and the antithesis of chuckers is Tony Bennett
That's a dumb assessment. He had no opportunities to do anything in that offense and that's why he left. Being relegated to an afterthought on a team that scores 50 or 60 points a game is a horrible way to end your college basketball career.

From what I was told Shayok's problem last night was that he took too many contested shots, but so did others.

He's averaging 19 PPG and 50% from the field. That's not a "chucker."
You couldn't be more wrong but I'm sure that's the Chris Williams spin. He took 29.3% of their team's shots while he was on the floor. Next closest were Kyle Guy and London Perrantes an All ACC player at 24.5% and 24.4%. He took 35 more 2's than anyone on their team while shooting 48%. The amount of shots he took ranked 122nd in the country despite being the only player on their team with an offensive rating under 100.

He used 25.6% of possessions when he was on the floor his last year at Virginia, most on their team. London Perrantes was closest at 23.9%. Only two others were over 20%.
He was 7th in assist rate of their rotation guys. HerkyHopeful accurately summed him up as a chucker (inefficient one at that) and that didn't fit.

Reaction score
Yeah I was disappointed at how dead it was until we really got it rolling. There was a lot more juice for the Wisconsin game.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
That's a dumb assessment. He had no opportunities to do anything in that offense and that's why he left. Being relegated to an afterthought on a team that scores 50 or 60 points a game is a horrible way to end your college basketball career.

From what I was told Shayok's problem last night was that he took too many contested shots, but so did others.

Oh fuck off. A chucker throws up lots of shots, which Shayok does. And you can't do that in Virginia's offense. Nothing wrong with that, I didn't mean anything bad by it
No, YOU fuck off, sir. The term chucker is used as a perjorative. Yeah, that Kobe Bryant is one of the greatest players of all time t, but he was such a chucker.

It implies someone who just shoots without trying to run the offense or find a better shot. A player like that wouldn't be making half of their FGs.

You couldn't be more wrong but I'm sure that's the Chris Williams spin. He took 29.3% of their team's shots while he was on the floor. Next closest were Kyle Guy and London Perrantes an All ACC player at 24.5% and 24.4%. He took 35 more 2's than anyone on their team while shooting 48%. The amount of shots he took ranked 122nd in the country despite being the only player on their team with an offensive rating under 100.

He used 25.6% of possessions when he was on the floor his last year at Virginia, most on their team. London Perrantes was closest at 23.9%. Only two others were over 20%.
He was 7th in assist rate of their rotation guys. HerkyHopeful accurately summed him up as a chucker (inefficient one at that) and that didn't fit.
The reason those percentages were so high was because UVA's offense is boring as fuck and the offensive sets are designed to maximize possession time over scoring.

That's why he wanted to get out of there, because the system only lets 1 or 2 players create any offense, and even then it's within the boundaries of rigid half-court sets.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score

My roommate said, "I'm gonna shave & shower. Anyone need to use the bathroom?" It's like some weird ass quiz where he reveals the answer first.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
He's shooting better at ISU than he did any year at Virginia, but Hiawatha is right. He took way too many shots on that team despite being one of their worst shooters.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Oh fuck off. A chucker throws up lots of shots, which Shayok does. And you can't do that in Virginia's offense. Nothing wrong with that, I didn't mean anything bad by it
No, YOU fuck off, sir. The term chucker is used as a perjorative. Yeah, that Kobe Bryant is one of the greatest players of all time t, but he was such a chucker.

It implies someone who just shoots without trying to run the offense or find a better shot. A player like that wouldn't be making half of their FGs.

The reason those percentages were so high was because UVA's offense is boring as fuck and the offensive sets are designed to maximize possession time over scoring.

That's why he wanted to get out of there, because the system only lets 1 or 2 players create any offense, and even then it's within the boundaries of rigid half-court sets.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score

My roommate said, "I'm gonna shave & shower. Anyone need to use the bathroom?" It's like some weird ass quiz where he reveals the answer first.