**Iowa vs. Michigan State Basketball - 2/25/20 - 6pm - ESPN2**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Fritz is a moron but he's somewhat correct here. Even in the wins, some people on here have thrown out the "if it wasn't for the refs" CF bullshit. Every ref misses calls for both teams every game. Very rarely does it actually cost a team a win. Man up and quit bitching about the refs. Iowa got completely bailed out late in the Minnesota game when Evelyn "got fouled" with .5 left on the shot clock. If that call woulda gone against Iowa, shit woulda hit the fan on HaLo. No one says "thank you refs for that call!!!" Instead, they bitch about the call against Garza with a few seconds left. This game hasn't even happened yet and you're already bitching about the refs.
He isn't correct and you aren't correct at all. Nobody on this site (other than possibly the most random of non-regular poster) has blamed the refs for any Iowa loss. Go ahead and link your evidence.

The reality is that everyone universally agrees the college refs are garbage all around and the style of play that it produces or allows is a terrible product. Only the dumbest of dumb (Fritz, likely you) like the Wisconsin/Virginia/Michigan State/Rutgers hold off the ball and rape cutters style.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Fritz is a moron but he's somewhat correct here. Even in the wins, some people on here have thrown out the "if it wasn't for the refs" CF bullshit. Every ref misses calls for both teams every game. Very rarely does it actually cost a team a win. Man up and quit bitching about the refs. Iowa got completely bailed out late in the Minnesota game when Evelyn "got fouled" with .5 left on the shot clock. If that call woulda gone against Iowa, shit woulda hit the fan on HaLo. No one says "thank you refs for that call!!!" Instead, they bitch about the call against Garza with a few seconds left. This game hasn't even happened yet and you're already bitching about the refs.
Also, why would anyone "thank" the refs for calling a foul that was a foul? Minnesota was stupid and bailed Bakari out, not the refs. Minnesota did a ton of stupid shit at the end of that game. It wasn't out of character or an anomaly. They were dumb and fouled a shitty offensive player at the end of the shot clock.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Also, why would anyone "thank" the refs for calling a foul that was a foul? Minnesota was stupid and bailed Bakari out, not the refs. Minnesota did a ton of stupid shit at the end of that game. It wasn't out of character or an anomaly. They were dumb and fouled a shitty offensive player at the end of the shot clock.
There were tons of worse calls in that game (Lukas fifth) but nobody here even batted an eye.

douglasbader

Reaction score
There were tons of worse calls in that game (Lukas fifth) but nobody here even batted an eye.
I didn't like the call on Luka, mostly because it was bad luck but could see why they made the call.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Lol Iowa doesn't even have enough close losses to blame them on the refs. The 2 that would qualify, Penn State and Nebrantska was basically Iowa didn't have Frederick and couldn't make a shot.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
To me it's not even really bitching, it's just reality. Home cooking is absolutely real. So if I say something like "it's going to be tough to play at Breslin because MSU is going to get away with hacking the eff out of Iowa", it's just true. If a Michigan State fan like @howler was to say that it would be tougher for Michigan State to win at Carver because they're going to be "whistled for ticky tack fouls", that would also be true.

Last edited:
Reaction score
He isn't correct and you aren't correct at all. Nobody on this site (other than possibly the most random of non-regular poster) has blamed the refs for any Iowa loss. Go ahead and link your evidence.

The reality is that everyone universally agrees the college refs are garbage all around and the style of play that it produces or allows is a terrible product. Only the dumbest of dumb (Fritz, likely you) like the Wisconsin/Virginia/Michigan State/Rutgers hold off the ball and rape cutters style.
Thanks Douglas "I've Never Been Wrong In My Whole Entire Life and My Opinion Is The Only One That Is Correct and If I Say The Refs Suck, Then They Suck and If You Don't Believe What I Say Then I'll Fight You and Fuck Your Mom!!!!" Bader

I never said anyone blamed any losses on the refs. I said the refs haven't cost us any games so what the fuck does it matter. You can do a simple search for the word "refs" to find plenty of "fuck the refs," "those refs sucked," etc.

And no I hate that style of play. I also just hate whiny, soft bitches.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Thanks Douglas "I've Never Been Wrong In My Whole Entire Life and My Opinion Is The Only One That Is Correct and If I Say The Refs Suck, Then They Suck and If You Don't Believe What I Say Then I'll Fight You and Fuck Your Mom!!!!" Bader

I never said anyone blamed any losses on the refs. I said the refs haven't cost us any games so what the fuck does it matter. You can do a simple search for the word "refs" to find plenty of "fuck the refs," "those refs sucked," etc.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you’ve come to the wrong place.

douglasbader

Reaction score

Fuck that. People should bitch relentlessly about the reffing in college basketball until they fix it for good.

It matters because watching college basketball largely sucks and could be greatly improved.

douglasbader

Reaction score
If the season was ending tomorrow, it would be a great or terrible thing.

Luckily (or not) there are a fuckload of games left.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

That’s a long name

douglasbader

Reaction score
Pretty much have to win one of the road games to get top 4.
I'm expecting that they lose tomorrow and then win the 2 home games and go into the Illinois game with everything on the line.

I'm hoping they win tomorrow and they go into the Illinois game with a chance to tie for 1st place or be alone in 2nd place.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I'm expecting that they lose tomorrow and then win the 2 home games and go into the Illinois game with everything on the line.

I'm hoping they win tomorrow and they go into the Illinois game with a chance to tie for 1st place or be alone in 2nd place.
Good job saying what we all hope will happen.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
All the Hawkeye beat reporters and Hawkeyesports are hyping the shit out of this game on social media.

Looking at the comments sections, people out there really believe.

Gonna be a lot of sad Hawkeyes tomorrow. It's nice to hope, but there are folks who expect to win tomorrow.

It's like they just became Iowa fan yesterday.

Reaction score
Weird, the local media in DSM hasn’t said much about the game. Very odd....

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
Illinois didn't look very impressive against Nebrantska tonight, but I expect they're going to be sky high for that last game. Better do our damage before then.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
If I had to guess Frederick won’t play tonight and that sucks, but if Pemsl and Kriener can keep playing physical yet smart I think we’ll have a chance to pull it off. Gonna need Joe W to come to play though.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Wieskamp has been atrocious on the road from three in the Big Ten. He is 6-28 (21%) and his last 3 road games he has 2, 16 and 8 points.

He either is due for a major break out or he is simply not good away from Carver.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
He looks worn down and I don’t think he always has the mindset to play through it.

douglasbader

Reaction score
He looks worn down and I don’t think he always has the mindset to play through it.
I actually think he plays/practices/trains too much. He would be better off relaxing more instead of shooting for hours with his girlfriend.