**Iowa vs. Minnesota Basketball - 2/16/20 - 12pm - FS1**

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Kind of unfair but his save attempt followed by his foul that created a 4 point play was a dark moment.
not really unfair. Pretty sure Fran asked him “what the fuck were you thinking” when he saved the ball under the opponent’s hoop. That’s day one shit.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
He didn’t exactly foul Oturu on that play.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
He didn’t exactly foul Oturu on that play.
i know, but you only save the ball under the opponent’s hoop if you have a clear pass to a teammate. Tossing it wildly leads to stupid shit like what happened with that play.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Kind of unfair but his save attempt followed by his foul that created a 4 point play was a dark moment.
I blame that on that moron Kreiner who stood still like a boob watching after he blocked the shot instead of going after the ball.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
If you’re going to save the ball, fling it down court and turn it into a foot race. If you can’t do that, then just eat it.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
If you’re going to save the ball, fling it down court and turn it into a foot race. If you can’t do that, then just eat it.
This is true. But at the same time if he doesn’t go after it people will complain about it like they did Kriener on the same play. In that moment Pemsl is likely looking for a teammate and he’s not blessed with great athleticism and the side of the court he was chasing after the ball was full of bodies. He had about .25 seconds to make a decision. Unfortunately he made the wrong one.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
It was probably discussed but why only 12 minutes for Touissant?

douglasbader

Reaction score
he was fucking terrible. Such a spaz, it’s really incredible.
I don't think that was fair today, he was much more under control, but it is clear that Fran doesn't trust him and he's not improving as much as hoped.

From watching his highlights from last year and seeing how he plays when he has had good games this year he is best when he is allowed to run and break down his defender off the dribble.

The problem is he is on a team with a dominant post that needs a PG that is under control, feeds him on time, doesn't turn the ball over and hopefully has to be guarded outside.

Toussaint is none of those things at this point. He isn't under control. He is terrible at feeding the post. He turns the ball over like crazy and he can't shoot.

This season would have likely been great for him if he could have been the PG that came in with the second unit and he could have been a weapon off the dribble and pushed the ball.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
If Joe T can work on his mid-range game in the off-season, he'll be deadly. He can get by his guy anytime he wants. Woolridge feasted on 10-15 ft. pull ups in the lane.
This. Getting a floater game would be ideal.

J1973s

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Rewatched the game and noticed something I’m sure someone else has noticed; by the defender playing off Connor because he is a poor shooter it allows him to make those entry passes w/o any defensive pressure. You would think
The scouting report would be to get up on him and stop those passes.

douglasbader

Reaction score
In a game where Wieskamp is struggling as much as he was and trying to be uninvolved, Fran needs to run that backdoor lob to him. He has run it 3 or 4 times this year and every time it works and gets him going.

Reaction score
Rewatched the game and noticed something I’m sure someone else has noticed; by the defender playing off Connor because he is a poor shooter it allows him to make those entry passes w/o any defensive pressure. You would think
The scouting report would be to get up on him and stop those passes.
You could hear Pitino telling his team that during a timeout, saying they were allowing easy entry passes to the post by playing too far off of Iowa's (non)shooters.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Everyone seems to forget Toussaint is likely about 5'10. There's probably 10,000 5'10 black dudes who can get by their guy anytime they want yet only a handful of them are playing high major ball.

I hope he doesn't transfer as I think he could be a good change of pace guy off the bench, but Ulis will be the starting point guard in two years.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Run a few sets to post him up as well.
Posting him up when Luka is out of the game would be a wise move.

They were running a ton of curls and cuts for Joe but Minny was bumping and holding him so much off the ball it was destroying all the timing. Freedom of movement is a pipe dream at this time of the year in the big ten.

I'd like to see more back/down screens to free him up at the three point line.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
They tried a few times yesterday but he posted up like shit and was 3/4'erd with no chance to give him the ball.

Posting up is about effort and demanding the ball. He didn't want the ball yesterday.
This is true. His post ups are weak. They are a quick, half assed “I’m going to act like I’m posting up because I know I am supposed to, but ill hurry through it and get back to hiding out in the corner”

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
lol Joe T transferring. Smh.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
The good news about Wieskamp is that unless he has a great finish to the season, he isn't going to be a hot NBA prospect. He does play better at home, and better still if CJ is out there with him taking some of the pressure off.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
If they really wanted to nitpick Garza & call it close, he'd be called for as many fouls as the opponent. He's really, really good & I'm glad we have him, but he holds people behind him in the post a bunch & initiates a ton of contact. I think he's being officiated pretty fairly most of the time...

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
If they really wanted to nitpick Garza & call it close, he'd be called for as many fouls as the opponent. He's really, really good & I'm glad we have him, but he holds people behind him in the post a bunch & initiates a ton of contact. I think he's being officiated pretty fairly most of the time...
Well I think Garza plays perfectly and you should go fuck yourself, Serge. Glad we're sharing opinions.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
Minnesota playing some weak hoops again tonight. Might it be time for a new head coach? Probably best for Iowa if they keep him.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Minnesota playing some weak hoops again tonight. Might it be time for a new head coach? Probably best for Iowa if they keep him.
Pitino got an extension through 2024 less than a year ago. He isn't going anywhere.