**Iowa vs. Nebrantska Basketball - 1/7/19 - 8pm - BTN**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Fran talking about probably taking too many 3's, could have done this or that "but the interesting thing was how open Joe was." Then credited him for getting putbacks and buckets inside. His usual backing up his players while kind of sneaking in, come the fuck on Joe.

Thought we settled too often 2nd half but if guys are open wants them to shoot it. Then got crazy with some turnovers late.
He threw in a comment about “he still found a way to get 21 points and I told him I’m proud of the effort he gave.”

I am a bit concerned that fran has no idea on CJ’s injury, even saying, “right now he’s day to day. If they tell us we need to shut him down, we shut him down. We weren’t playing 4 on 5 and need others to step up.”
Yeah, the CJ thing is fucking terrible. @AZmess made fun of me =( in chat during the Penn State game, but called it that they were covering something up and it wasn't his ankle.

The fact he tried to give it a go in the Penn State game, looked awful and uncomfortable like he never has before, shut him down completely at half and now is in a boot with them finally admitting it is a stress related issue with his foot is bad. Fran's comments are even worse. Sounds like he likely has a stress fracture and they are praying he will get better with some rest.

Iowa 2019-2020 is a Top 20 team or better if even mildly healthy. Mother fucker.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Nebrantska was chucking just as much as Iowa was tonight. Only difference? Their awkward-mechanics fucking heaves somehow found the bottom of the net a bit more than Iowa's attempts did.

Reaction score
Yeah it sucks. When close to healthy this is a top 20 team that was really fun to watch and tougher than Iowa has been in a long time. As is, it's an NIT team that you hope can get some fun wins and develop some youth. But even then, Toussaint is really the only young guy who can make a leap.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Fran talking about probably taking too many 3's, could have done this or that "but the interesting thing was how open Joe was." Then credited him for getting putbacks and buckets inside. His usual backing up his players while kind of sneaking in, come the fuck on Joe.

Thought we settled too often 2nd half but if guys are open wants them to shoot it. Then got crazy with some turnovers late.
He threw in a comment about “he still found a way to get 21 points and I told him I’m proud of the effort he gave.”

I am a bit concerned that fran has no idea on CJ’s injury, even saying, “right now he’s day to day. If they tell us we need to shut him down, we shut him down. We weren’t playing 4 on 5 and need others to step up.”
Yeah, the CJ thing is fucking terrible. @AZmess made fun of me =( in chat during the Penn State game, but called it that they were covering something up and it wasn't his ankle.

The fact he tried to give it a go in the Penn State game, looked awful and uncomfortable like he never has before, shut him down completely at half and now is in a boot with them finally admitting it is a stress related issue with his foot is bad. Fran's comments are even worse. Sounds like he likely has a stress fracture and they are praying he will get better with some rest.

Iowa 2019-2020 is a Top 20 team or better if even mildly healthy. Mother fucker.
sounds like a stress reaction which for all intents and purposes is treated like a stress fracture. He’ll be out at least 2-4 weeks minimum, often times more

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Yeah it sucks. When close to healthy this is a top 20 team that was really fun to watch and tougher than Iowa has been in a long time. As is, it's an NIT team that you hope can get some fun wins and develop some youth. But even then, Toussaint is really the only young guy who can make a leap.
It will be a huge waste to an incredible season and effort by Garza.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score

That is the only way it will get better. Unfortunately, it won’t happen quickly. I saw on Twitter they called it a stress reaction, so they caught it early, which is better.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
I don’t give a shit if he goes 0/50, when the ball gets worked around to Toussaint and he has a wide open 3 pointer in rhythm, he has to shoot the fucking ball. There’s no way he’s such a terrible shooter that defenders are able to sag off him by 15 feet.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
If it’s a stress fracture he’ll be in a boot for a couple weeks

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I’m going to ask for the millionth time. Is Patrick’s situation bad enough that he can’t play?

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
OMG guys we dropped 3 spots in KenPom.
Just stop. It's not about this game, it's about how thin this team is without CJ.

Iowa basically needs Joe W to be 'on' every game and I'm not sure he's that guy. He'll have some nice games, and Iowa will win some games, but the margin of error is going to be small.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Just stop. It's not about this game, it's about how thin this team is without CJ.

Iowa basically needs Joe W to be 'on' every game and I'm not sure he's that guy. He'll have some nice games, and Iowa will win some games, but the margin of error is going to be small.
How did missing CJ make us go 4-33 from the guys they were out there?

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

What in the fresh hell are you on?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

let me rephrase. Do you not want your three 40% 3pt shooters taking wide open shots? Because that’s what happened tonight.

douglasbader

Reaction score
You know who would have actually helped tonight?

Austin Ash.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
let me rephrase. Do you not want your three 40% 3pt shooters taking wide open shots? Because that’s what happened tonight.
When the fuck did I suggest that, you dipshit. I said with CJ out (in addition to bohannon), Iowa can't afford to have Weiskamp have an off shooting night.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
When the fuck did I suggest that, you dipshit. I said with CJ out (in addition to bohannon), Iowa can't afford to have Weiskamp have an off shooting night.
Yes, iowa can afford for joe to have an off shooting night provided that every other single person doesn’t also suck.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Fran really needs his team to:

1. stop practicing with the football team

2. stop making out with each other

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The one coaching error Fran made last night IMO was when Iowa got the lead at 51-50 and Nebrantska called a timeout. He took Wieskamp out of the game for a short breather. Followed immediately by taking Garza out for a short breather.

That’s where Iowa should have made their push. Instead during that stretch they went 3:30 without scoring which included a possession where Pemsl shot a 3.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Pemsl should never play again. Just play Baer

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
There's going to be some games like this. Not enough shooters without Nunge, Jbo, and now CJ and the offense can be stagnant. It sucks but it's the current roster construct. Toussaint is just too out of control in tight situations, but he has to play. There's going to be a lot of growing pains but there's only going to be a handful of games where Iowa shoots poorly. Unfortunately it happened in one of the easiest remaining games.
dude, we had three guys shooting 38%, 42%, and 46% from 3pt go a combined 1-20 or whatever.

just flush it and move on.
Jesus Christ

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Pemsl is basically the new McCabe. He's gotten worse every year and now looks like he has no business being out on a Big Ten floor

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
McCabe is ten times the player Pemsl is and that gives me a big old sad.

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score

sounds like a stress reaction which for all intents and purposes is treated like a stress fracture. He’ll be out at least 2-4 weeks minimum, often times more
I had one in my foot. As I recall, it was limited activity for more than a month and that rushing back to running would have greatly increased the risk of making it worse.

Without Jordan and Frederick, this team is almost unwatchable. It's the perfect shit storm of bad shooters that are afraid or unwilling to go to the hoop.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Social media Iowa Fan is really... something today.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Zach McCabe made 298 shots in his four year career. 105 of those were three pointers.

Cordell Pemsl has made 193 shots in his career, 116 of which came in his freshman year, and 100% of which were two point shots. I'd wager 95%+ were layups.

Shpadoinkle

Reaction score
Zach McCabe made 298 shots in his four year career. 105 of those were three pointers.

Cordell Pemsl has made 193 shots in his career, 116 of which came in his freshman year, and 100% of which were two point shots. I'd wager 95%+ were layups.
Both tied for second in worthless pump fakes behind Wade Lookingbill.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score

Both tied for second in worthless pump fakes behind Wade Lookingbill.
We probably win if Lookingbill played last night.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I can’t believe Bakari Evelyn, who is at his third school and to his benefit saw 5 injuries which gave him a chance for meaningful playing time, refused to shoot wide open shots last night.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Joe W needs to become an alpha male. They couldn’t guard him down low last night would have liked to seen Luka up high and posting JW low

douglasbader

Reaction score
Pemsl would be fine if he just ran up and down the court and tried to rebound and get garbage points while playing mediocre defense. That would greatly help out.

The problem is he tries over and over to force passes that have no shot. He is a ball stopper on offense. He tries to dribble way too much.

Everything is wrong with him right down to his stupid tights and headband and feminine haircut.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I’m not sure we’ve ever had a player who looks more like a middle aged lesbian than Cordell

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I can’t believe Bakari Evelyn, who is at his third school and to his benefit saw 5 injuries which gave him a chance for meaningful playing time, refused to shoot wide open shots last night.
i think seeing his first jumper miss the rim by about 5 feet unsettled him a tad.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Fran went pretty much the first 8 years at Iowa without any major injuries. The last 3 years have all been hurt by injury.

Started off small with Connor missing his freshman year leaving Ellingson/Dailey as PG options. Garza ends up with a 9 pound cyst the next season hindering his development. Cook/Garza both severely sprain their ankles. Now this year hit full fucking blast with everything. bohannon double hip surgery. Nunge ACL tear. Patrick cancer complications. Fredrick groin and stress reaction. Pemsl surgery recovery and bad back. Random other illnesses.

4 of the top 8 players likely out for the season. Still have roughly 17 games to go in the season and looking at a 7 man rotation at best meaning that guys are going to be forced to play huge minutes and will get worn down and injury risk goes up.

Hey, at least next year there will be 15 scholarship players on the team and Fran can run a 12 player rotation again.

Shpadoinkle

Reaction score
Idiots on twitter feel that Iowa should be able to lose 60% of their starting lineup and still be a top 20 team because year 10.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Idiots on twitter feel that Iowa should be able to lose 60% of their starting lineup and still be a top 20 team because year 10.
That is going to end up being one of the worst things about this. Fran had finally gotten his ideal team that can perfectly execute his offense and play defense on a passable level.

Finally had 4 ball handlers and elite shooters surrounding a dominant and versatile big man.

Now the terrible IowaFan will rear their ugly head when the losses pile up due to losing 3 starters and a key bench player for the season.

Mother fucker.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
That is going to end up being one of the worst things about this. Fran had finally gotten his ideal team that can perfectly execute his offense and play defense on a passable level.

Finally had 4 ball handlers and elite shooters surrounding a dominant and versatile big man.

Now the terrible IowaFan will rear their ugly head when the losses pile up due to losing 3 starters and a key bench player for the season.

Mother fucker.
F356954C-4A30-49F9-9BF9-A0FD748BE9C3.gif

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Fuck!!!!!!! Gotfuckingdammit.

Fuck everything.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Fran went pretty much the first 8 years at Iowa without any major injuries. The last 3 years have all been hurt by injury.

Started off small with Connor missing his freshman year leaving Ellingson/Dailey as PG options. Garza ends up with a 9 pound cyst the next season hindering his development. Cook/Garza both severely sprain their ankles. Now this year hit full fucking blast with everything. bohannon double hip surgery. Nunge ACL tear. Patrick cancer complications. Fredrick groin and stress reaction. Pemsl surgery recovery and bad back. Random other illnesses.

4 of the top 8 players likely out for the season. Still have roughly 17 games to go in the season and looking at a 7 man rotation at best meaning that guys are going to be forced to play huge minutes and will get worn down and injury risk goes up.

Hey, at least next year there will be 15 scholarship players on the team and Fran can run a 12 player rotation again.
must be practicing too hard