**Iowa vs. Purdue Basketball - 2/5/20 - 6pm - BTN**

douglasbader

Was RATT
Reaction score
Could have something to do with the fact the PSU is playing defense.
Nope. That sort of randomness isn't defensive dependent and if you watched the game the shots were wide open for the most part. They simply missed them.

On the other hand, Penn State was hitting some ridiculous bullshit and free throws obviously aren't defensive dependent.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Nope. That sort of randomness isn't defensive dependent and if you watched the game the shots were wide open for the most part. They simply missed them.
Penn State has the 20th ranked defense in the country. Iowa has the 109th.

After 20 games, it's tough to call it randomness or luck. There's a reason teams hit their shots against Iowa and then don't against other teams, year after year.

Yes, I did watch quite a bit of the game, and Purdue missed a ton of shots.

douglasbader

Was RATT
Reaction score

After 20 games, it's tough to call it randomness or luck. There's a reason teams hit their shots against Iowa and then don't against other teams, year after year.

You aren't getting what is actually being discussed. The randomness/luck being discussed is that the road team is on fire while at the same time the home team is ice cold, especially when considering the anomaly of something non-defensive dependent like free throw shooting.

Reaction score

Iowa ranks 6th in opponent 3P% in the Big Ten, PSU ranks 7th. That's after last night. They limit attempts more. 35.4% of opponent shots are 3's and it's 41.8% vs. us.
On the season Iowa is 105th, PSU is 128.