- Iowa vs Rutgers. 1/2/21. 1:00pm. ESPN2 -

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Rutgers matches up really well against Iowa. Not sure what the line is but if Harper Jr. is playing we should be underdogs. Their point guard is really fast and gets in the paint all the time. Harper Jr. is huge and Weiscamp will have a tough time driving and finishing on him. Miles Johnson is one of the best big defenders in the Big Ten and if he gets in foul trouble they have another big they can throw at Garza. They don't shoot many threes but they make them for a high percentage. Harper Jr. makes like half their team's threes and is shooting them at a .500 clip so he needs to be face guarded, denied the ball, and ran off the line. They are only about 7 deep so dipping into their bench would be a recipe for success.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Rutgers matches up really well against Iowa. Not sure what the line is but if Harper Jr. is playing we should be underdogs. Their point guard is really fast and gets in the paint all the time. Harper Jr. is huge and Weiscamp will have a tough time driving and finishing on him. Miles Johnson is one of the best big defenders in the Big Ten and if he gets in foul trouble they have another big they can throw at Garza. They don't shoot many threes but they make them for a high percentage. Harper Jr. makes like half their team's threes and is shooting them at a .500 clip so he needs to be face guarded, denied the ball, and ran off the line. They are only about 7 deep so dipping into their bench would be a recipe for success.
“Weiscamp”

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Connor is a good defensive matchup for Harper. We are going to get ref raped on the road though. I feel like this year with no fans they are trying even harder to be biased.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Rutgers is the epitome of everything I hate about college basketball. Constant grabbing, holding, and hand-checking on defense. This game is going to piss me the fuck off.
One almost wonders why if this is true there isn't widespread outcry among coaches instead of admiration for Pikiell.

One wonders if, instead, it's the projection of some gigantic pussies.

Can someone post a video of the halo pick-up b-ball game? That is something I've just got to see!

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
I can't get over the fact that Rutgers is ranked.
Iowa by 10

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Harper will play or not? I will also say Rutgers went from 100 to zero very fast once Johnson fouled out at OSU. Young and Liddell destroyed them after that so hopefully Luka can get a couple early whistles on him (probably wishful thinking).

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Harper will play or not? I will also say Rutgers went from 100 to zero very fast once Johnson fouled out at OSU. Young and Liddell destroyed them after that so hopefully Luka can get a couple early whistles on him (probably wishful thinking).
I’m sure someone does. However, I searched twitter earlier and couldn’t find anything.

tcondon

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Iowa opened as a 3 point favorite at Circa, 2.5 at FanDual

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I have no clue how this team will handle physical defenses, particularly on the road.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Of fucking course they are, especially Harper. Everyone's ready to go against Iowa!

I know some people "want to beat teams at their best!!", but fuck that. A road win over a ranked team is a road win over a ranked team, if one of their stars is out for that game then that sucks for them but woulda been real good for the Hawks.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Waiting for confirmation, but think they announced during this Texas-Kansas game, that Harper is now ruled out for today.

*crossed fingers*

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Sounds like he aggravated it during shoot arounds, but will still play.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Really going to struggle next year when Joe is drafted against his will

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Could've as easily lost as they could've won. Great to see Perkins and Ullis out there. Ullis is explosive and plays good D. It's going to be a fun backcourt next year. Murray continues to show maturity greater than his experience -- he's the real deal. Murray -- 14 points, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks, 3 steals. Going to be way better than Baer.

Helluva Saturday boyz, take out the bourbon, enjoy yourselves

@DonJMiller is the man!

Last edited:

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Harper missing some open 3pt attempts was a huge help, but Keegan stepping up big - as well as Ulis and Perkins providing good minutes - and this was a great win all around. JBo hit some more shots, but also had some head-scratching bad-pass turnovers too.

JoeW missed (at least) 3 FTs and that was almost the game on the wrong end.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Harper missing some open 3pt attempts and Keegan stepping up big - as well as Ulis and Perkins providing good minutes - and this was a great win all around. JBo hit some more shots, but also had some head-scratching bad-pass turnovers too.

JoeW missed (at least) 3 FTs and that was almost the game on the wrong end.
I’m willing to forgive turnovers when attempting to feed Garza. The rest not so much.