- Iowa vs Rutgers. 1/2/21. 1:00pm. ESPN2 -

BluesHawk

Goes to Applebee’s for special occasions
Reaction score
Patrick is going to be great. The shit he gets reminds me of what Connor received a couple years back.

I dont think "getting in the weightroom" is the answer. Keep him lean so he can fly.
I agree. A little more muscle wouldn't hurt, but he needs to be able to move fast. All he really needs is more experience.

Reactions: BBK

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I will quit the Baer comparisons after this post, but what made Baer a good player was having length, hustling, and always being in the middle of the action consistently. Other players sit there and watch the ball after someone shoots, but Keegan sprints to the action. Sometimes he gets it, sometimes he doesn't, but he's always in the middle of the action -- that is what helps so much with rebounding and loose balls. And if he's not sprinting to the action, he's already in good position to make a play.
I agree with most of what you said. Baer was great but he was constantly out of position on defense.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Im guilty of often forgetting about Keegan's brother.

Murray Bros, Patrick, Perkins, Ulis.

Hot Damn. That would be a better starting 5 than anything Todd put out there.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Win again on Thursday at Maryland and I really like Iowa getting to 8-2 in the douche before the Illinois game. At that point I have to think they would be in the driver’s seat.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Patrick is going to be lights out by the time he's through too.
It will be interesting to see who claims this year as a mulligan/redshirt. Like football, I believe Patrick (and anyone else) can play as much as they want and still maintain eligibility as if they didn't play this year. Patrick, as a 6th-year senior, could be an incredible college basketball player.

Last edited:

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

And its not even close.

Reaction score
Could've as easily lost as they could've won. Great to see Perkins and Ullis out there. Ullis is explosive and plays good D. It's going to be a fun backcourt next year. Murray continues to show maturity greater than his experience -- he's the real deal. Murray -- 14 points, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks, 3 steals. Going to be way better than Baer.

Helluva Saturday boyz, take out the bourbon, enjoy yourselves

@DonJMiller is the man!
Yep that was a bigtime win, especially given the circumstances. And it provided some really good experience for the young guys. Probably the best win of the year all things considered.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
No qualifier needed. Best win of the year period. Rutgers is legit.
Yeah the only other real option would be NC, and that was non conference, at home, to a lower ranked team.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Perkins looked uncomfortable, which is understandable. We’ll see if he is able to carve out a niche next year. Ulis belongs. He’s got that same look as Murray where the game isn’t moving too fast. Luis may take Toussaint’s minutes as the year goes on

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Yeah the only other real option would be NC, and that was non conference, at home, to a lower ranked team.
UNC is about to go 5-5 if today's score holds up. The only reason that was a big game / solid win was on their name alone.

Reaction score
I know it's been said but man that game showed Connor's value. Just couldn't get the ball to Luka with Johnson on him. Joe W. was kind of a mess overall today. CJ wasn't as active, we only made seven 3's, the officiating played to their style. Only 10 total minuts between Joe T. and Connor. Just a hell of a road win given everything that happened.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
There are two ways at getting better at something. Identify your weaknesses and improve them, or drop them and stick to what you're good at.

Feels like Joe W is a little caught in between. He has games where he gets to the basket pretty well, but other times he looks like his drives are premeditated and forced.

Maybe just rebound, defend and shoot. The drive can be an occasional thing. I dunno, maybe that's bad advice.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
Perkins looked uncomfortable, which is understandable. We’ll see if he is able to carve out a niche next year. Ulis belongs. He’s got that same look as Murray where the game isn’t moving too fast. Luis may take Toussaint’s minutes as the year goes on
Perkins looks a little like Peter Jok did his freshman year. Playing hard, sometimes making ill-advised mistakes because of wanting to make a big play for his team, getting caught up to the speed of the game, but loads of potential. I am guessing he looks great in practice, just needs to settle down in the game a little.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
we haven’t recruited a Hispanic pg since Cezar Guerrero

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Perkins looks a little like Peter Jok did his freshman year. Playing hard, sometimes making ill-advised mistakes because of wanting to make a big play for his team, getting caught up to the speed of the game, but loads of potential. I am guessing he looks great in practice, just needs to settle down in the game a little.
Hope you’re right. I’m not down on Perkins..but Jok had loads of potential only because he was 6’6 and an elite shooter. Not really sure that comparison works with Perkins. He looks ok but haven’t seen anything from him yet to believe he has loads of potential

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Not quite sure what position Perkins projects to though. Not a pure shooter or good ball handler, but only 6-2 or so. Seems a little Ingram-y with way more talent.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
He seemed so hugely important at the time.
Jesus, he was the great Hispanic hope for Iowa fan nation. Fran was going to show his recruiting chops with a Top 60/70 PG from California.

Fans all said he "was exactly the type of guard that Fran's system needs." He then goes to Fresno State and in his senior year, averages under 10 pts a game.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
Hope you’re right. I’m not down on Perkins..but Jok had loads of potential only because he was 6’6 and an elite shooter. Not really sure that comparison works with Perkins. He looks ok but haven’t seen anything from him yet to believe he has loads of potential
Yeah I'm not saying their games are the same. I'm guessing that Tony is better at getting to the hope and is less successful on the perimter.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Fuck yeah, Keegan!
"The basket looked big to me," Murray said after the game. "I saw the first one go in and then I just had the confidence in me that I could make them. I didn't feel any pressure, I've been through it before, I trusted my shot and it went in. I knew it was going to go in."

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
hope @AZmess is full of it with Toussaint transferring. He's this team's Clemmons. If Ulis ends up your starter next year, JoeT gives you experience and toughness off the bench.

Love Keegan at the 4 for the next few years. Weiskamp, CJ, Keegan, Ulis make for a strong starting lineup -- even more so if Fran gets the Yale grad transfer.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

Fuck you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!