**Iowa vs. Wisconsin - 3/7 - 6:00pm - ESPN**

Reaction score
We scored .65 points per mother fucking possession. Our previous low on the season was .97 against MSU.

Worst offensive game for us since at least 2001. FUCK.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Well at least this game Iowa just got killed by Happ and some scrub didn’t shoot out of his mind. That might actually make it worse.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Like Davis going 11-16 in year 8?
Fran is essentially Tom Davis. He's going to win most years 20 games, lock up most of the in-state talent, and normally one game in the tournament. Everybody wanted Davis back, and they've got him in Fran now it's not enough.
Is he? Maybe he is, but there seem to be fewer good wins.
Minus the very early tenure of both coaches, they obviously inherited very different rosters, they are pretty similar.

Davis being sweet and Fran salty is the biggest difference.

Reaction score
Fran is essentially Tom Davis. He's going to win most years 20 games, lock up most of the in-state talent, and normally one game in the tournament. Everybody wanted Davis back, and they've got him in Fran now it's not enough.
Is he? Maybe he is, but there seem to be fewer good wins.
Fran after his first season is basically Davis' 1990's in terms of win percentage, conference record and NCAA appearances. It's either your selective memory or those good wins were offset by other losses.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
It was a shit effort. When they started quick shooting at the end it almost felt like they were getting better shots. They all need to put on some fucking weight, and this team has no chance when Moss is that bad.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
It was a shit effort. When they started quick shooting at the end it almost felt like they were getting better shots. They all need to put on some fucking weight, and this team has no chance when Moss is that bad.
They need some milk

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Joe is the only guard/wing who keeps his ass down and his hands up on defense. Fuck.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I remember reading some preseason fluff piece about Joe working out with a personal trainer 4 times a week or some such shit.

Wonder if he's hit his wall.

Reaction score
I think anyone has seen that this team has overachieved. We have some limitations when it comes to matching up with the top 3-4 teams in the league but we have a lot of guys coming back for next year (minus Cook) so we should be pretty solid again. It was tough to watch Garza work his rear end off in the post to get position only to have one Moss look away.
As improbable as it may seem, rebounding is going to be significantly worse next year. That’s a big concern of mine.
I'm hoping Garza and Kriener add more strength/agility in the off-season and continue to improve. It sounds like Nunge has used the redshirt year to do that and Weiskamp is a pretty good rebounder in his own right, and he's only a freshman. I do agree we need a serious infusion of athleticism or toughness out there.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
My thoughts on Moss from the end of last year. I was done with him then and am still done with him. He’s never going to get it.

I really thought Moss was the key to this season. Thought he would take a big step forward and fill in for a chunk of Jok’s scoring. Wrong as wrong can be. Team defense obviously a huge issue too, but Moss has been the biggest disappointment for me.
The Moss potential thing made sense last year. Now he can GFH. And I still completely agree he has tons of potential. Just not in Iowa City.

Reaction score
Joe is the only guard/wing who keeps his ass down and his hands up on defense. Fuck.
And yet he keeps leaving his feet on every pump fake and head fake he encounters right now.

He's gonna be a stud who becomes a leader on some hopefully good teams. Right now he's apparently dealing with a back injury and, aside from hot shooting at OSU, has been in a freshman funk for a few weeks. Kinda feel bad for him because he does most things the right way, cares and plays hard all the time.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Moss is at his best when taking rythm 3’s, especially in transition.

He’s hesitating way too much. Needs to just pull the trigger and shoot. He’s handling the ball way too much.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I like Fran, but it's time to move on.
I’m not there yet. But these last two games better have showed Fran that his assistants are abysmal.
If he stood pat last year, I can't see him making a change after this season.

Fran is a loyal guy. When he throws 5 guys on the court that have no business playing together, it's because he believe his guys can make plays. That belief may be unfounded sometimes, but he isn't changing.
I agree Fran has alot of faults especially with in game coaching that aren't changing but I'm a believer that a decent PG covers alot of that up.

There is no denying that we have never had anyone like Toussaint under Fran. If it was Michael Born's kid coming in, then I understand saying that shit isn't going to change. I still want to see what Fran can do with a real PG. If he fails the next couple years or plays Connor over Toussaint next year then I'm fine moving on.

Reaction score
Hassel is all in on this shitty message board poster/troll to get reactions character. Seems like a smart career move.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Hassel is all in on this shitty message board poster/troll to get reactions character. Seems like a smart career move.
It almost makes you wonder if he inquired about getting the radio job when Dolph was suspended the first time.

He isn't acting like an upset fan, he's being intentionally irritating.

Slyhawk

Gus
Reaction score
I think that's part of the point he's trying to make that it's not acceptable at this point in Frans tenure. I think anyways
Dr Tom made the NCAA tournament 9 out of 12 years. Fran is 3 for 8. So, no, he isn’t Tom Davis.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
Moss' last 4 games: 13 total points in 90 minutes. 3-23 shooting. 1-7 from 3. 8 total boards. 4 total assists. 6 turnovers.

He's the worst player on the team right now.
A month or so ago he looked like he was developing into one of the best, and now he's gone completely to shit.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Dr Tom made the NCAA tournament 9 out of 12 years. Fran is 3 for 8. So, no, he isn’t Tom Davis.
Dr Tom inherited a roster full of future NBA players. Not so much for Fran.
And they were gone by his second season. He then made the tournament, and had Sweet Sixteen runs, in seven other years at the helm.
I agree with your point but he had two first rounders for his first three years in BJ and Marble.

Wipe away the first three years for both and Davis is 6 for 9 with one sweet 16 and Fran is 4 for 6.

Reaction score
First of all, he was here 13 years. He made it 9 years out of 13.

Do you think maybe there was a slight difference in the level of program inherited? Davis walked in to several NBA players on the roster. Fran came in to the The Criminal mess. So maybe that's not a great comparision.

As I said several times, I'm comparing Davis in the 90's to Fran after his first year. If I was cherry picking I'd go after the first two but no one can argue that throwing out the first year is beyond reasonable. Davis made 6 tournaments in 10 years with 2 NIT's and made 1 Sweet 16. Fran is about to be at 4 in 8 with 3 NIT's. Davis was 90-86 in the Big Ten. Fran is 74-71.

Reaction score
And they were gone by his second season. He then made the tournament, and had Sweet Sixteen runs, in seven other years at the helm.
What in the fuck are you talking about? His 3rd season he had Marble, Horton and Armstrong. He made the Sweet 16 with them in his second year. Didn't make it with them his 3rd year. Didn't make it until 10 years later in his final season.

Reaction score
I agree with your point but he had two first rounders for his first three years in BJ and Marble.

Wipe away the first three years for both and Davis is 6 for 9 with one sweet 16 and Fran is 4 for 6.
Actually 6 for 10 after his first 3 seasons.

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
The insistence by the staff to continue efforts to force passes to the post brought to mind Tin Cup’s maniacal, stubborn folly emptying his bag to reach 18 in 2. Wisky was committed to denying it and proved their effectiveness early and often, basically every attempt.

I mean, fuck, we came out of that early TO in the 2nd half and the called play was yet another ride into the Valley of Death. Turnover w/in a few seconds.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
It's a PG game and Iowa doesn't have one. Hopefully Toussaint is the answer.

Fran needs to take a look at the football program. You can succeed with below average talent coming in if you develop your players physically. The Iowa basketball strength and conditioning program continues to be a joke.

On the rare occasion when an Iowa player remembers to try to box out, they are shoved under the basket by stronger players.

After seeing the team last Saturday in person, I think Frans a better coach than I gave him credit for. The lack of athleticism and talent is shocking when compared to the rest of the Big Ten.

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
i think people are overlooking the fact that iowa closed on an 8-0 run...that shows some fight and looks like connor's shot is back as well.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Baer is a great kid, but look at these arms. Howler has bigger biceps.

Reaction score

Fran needs to take a look at the football program. You can succeed with below average talent coming in if you develop your players physically. The Iowa basketball strength and conditioning program continues to be a joke.

On the rare occasion when an Iowa player remembers to try to box out, they are shoved under the basket by stronger players.

After seeing the team last Saturday in person, I think Frans a better coach than I gave him credit for. The lack of athleticism and talent is shocking when compared to the rest of the Big Ten.
The thing is that Fran's starting to get above average talent finally to Iowa. Toussaint/McCaffery x2/Weiskamp/Cook/Garza are all four star players in the past 3 to 4 years. 5 out of the 7 commits are four star guys.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score

The thing is that Fran's starting to get above average talent finally to Iowa. Toussaint/McCaffery x2/Weiskamp/Cook/Garza are all four star players in the past 3 to 4 years. 5 out of the 7 commits are four star guys.
I don't think Connor is above average talent by Big 10 standards.

Reaction score
Baer is a great kid, but look at these arms. Howler has bigger biceps.

It's a fair point. Unfortunately our strongest player and two most athletic players were horrendous also. They had a really nice season going through 27 games and 16 Big Ten games. They didn't just get weaker or less athletic. They're a mess offensively lately, not hitting any open shots and defensive intensity/awareness has been inconsistent at best even when accounting for athleticism. The defense certainly wasn't the problem tonight.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Haloman thinks it’s not fair how Wisconsin plays.

Reaction score

This is his 1st year of actually playing. If he's still junk in the next 2 years, I'll agree with you.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
This is his 1st year of actually playing. If he's still junk in the next 2 years, I'll agree with you.
he will be 21 in a couple months. He can't beat anyone off the dribble, shoot from the outside and is below average athletically. My hope is he kills it in baseball and is a high draft choice next year.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I still think Connor will be good.