**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
-826
I’m actually pretty damn impressed by Eickholt. It’s almost like he saw that all of his colleagues were lazy as af
This. I wanted to credit Kakert just a little because he’s staying away from it, not giving these guys a platform and on his podcast you could tell he thinks it’s all BS. But David is the only one who has been brave enough to actually do his job. Sad
 

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
18,542
Reaction score
18,887
For the record, I'm just taking strangers words as gospel and publishing them as fact and not looking for the other side of the story like the good little journalist I am.
“We don’t control how the consumers view it...”
Wtf, maybe provide some context for the consumers who have their own real jobs and don’t have time to research. You know, like the actual job of a journalist. What a dipshit.
 

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Joined
Jul 1, 2011
Messages
26,743
Reaction score
2,109
What could possibly be the grounds for a class action suit? Coaches were mean?
"PTSD" keeps getting brought up by the former players. I wonder if their play is going to be that abusive/racist treatment has resulted in some long term damage.

I frequently work with people that have real PTSD. It is a diagnosis/claim that gets used too frequently and haphazardly. Akrum claiming PTSD is a joke. Maybe he needs to spend some time with with some folks with the real thing.
 

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
29,373
Reaction score
30,316
Let’s bring some football back to this thread. The video is about Kittle, but also about the Shanahan offense and features some concepts that Iowa could make use of. Jade needs to get out his notebook. ;)


Brian specifically mentioned the 49ers during his interview with Morehouse and Dochterman, related to outside zone runs and how their personnel preferences are similar to what Iowa can recruit.
 

Charles

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Sep 13, 2019
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
1,412
"PTSD" keeps getting brought up by the former players. I wonder if their play is going to be that abusive/racist treatment has resulted in some long term damage.

I frequently work with people that have real PTSD. It is a diagnosis/claim that gets used too frequently and haphazardly. Akrum claiming PTSD is a joke. Maybe he needs to spend some time with with some folks with the real thing.
I was thinking about the PTSD thing this morning as well. I would love for these guys to explain their PTSD, really let us know what their triggers are etc. Do they start crying if they see a big, white, bald dude? Does the tiger hawk logo send them into a panic attack? Does the name Ferentz being uttered make them shut down?

These fucks don't know what actual PTSD is.
 

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
74,290
Reaction score
17,813
I was thinking about the PTSD thing this morning as well. I would love for these guys to explain their PTSD, really let us know what their triggers are etc. Do they start crying if they see a big, white, bald dude? Does the tiger hawk logo send them into a panic attack? Does the name Ferentz being uttered make them shut down?

These fucks don't know what actual PTSD is.
It's like they think they can just declare PTSD and cash checks.
 

mac50702

SuperUrkel
Joined
Aug 10, 2010
Messages
6,906
Reaction score
-5,604
This is all LOFL worthy. It was before Jade became a hero. He just put the exclamation point on the stupidity.

If Rob Howe has any self-awareness (LOL), he is feeling fairly dumb today.
He's going to dig in further. He knew how easily this shit could have been looked into.
 

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Joined
Oct 20, 2007
Messages
53,325
Reaction score
-12,541
And the biggest LOFL of all is that this is happening to the Iowa program and KF.

One of the few coaches of a major college sport of any kind where the kid doesn't just get to play because he's really good. Other things are expected of you and if you don't do them, well...that's your choice, but you won't play. "But, I'm better than the guy who's playing." Yeah, we know, that's why we really want you to not be a complete fuckup so we can play you.

One of the complaints was that Iowa was "randomly" testing the black players more than the white players.

If anyone ever says that Iowa isn't a squeaky clean program, they can GFT.
 
Top