**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Moving ISU to a home game in 2021 would be ideal in terms of breaking up the current system where WI/ISU/NW/Nebrantska are all on the same home/away schedule

JD720

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Moving ISU to a home game in 2021 would be ideal in terms of breaking up the current system where WI/ISU/NW/Nebrantska are all on the same home/away schedule
We'd have to shake up the big 10 schedule then too as we will have 5 Big Ten home games. And I'm assuming ISU only has 4 Big 12 home games next year. I'd like to get the WI/ISU/NU group split up too, but its probably going to have to be a Big Ten game that flips.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
We'll probably have some fucksticks in the Iowa legislature that won't let that happen. They'll write it into law that the teams have to play, that ISU gets the home games in odd years and that we need to play them twice in 2021 to make up for this year.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
We'll probably have some fucksticks in the Iowa legislature that won't let that happen. They'll write it into law that the teams have to play, that ISU gets the home games in odd years and that we need to play them twice in 2021 to make up for this year.
Meemaw doesn’t really have any opinion and Feenstra thinks we should raise the money with a tax cut.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Why would we cheer dropping ISU and adding drake?
I guess I don't know much about the program beyond a wikipedia search for draft picks and I listened to the last half of their game a couple years ago, but from what I have learned that sounds a lot like out of the frying pan and into the fire.
They were saying since ISU would only have 9 games they would add Drake to get to 10 games.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Oh please let this happen. I think it honestly could be the end of the Iowa State series. Can't see Iowa agreeing to go there twice in a row and there is already bad blood from last year and the current stuff with Iowa will only get ugly when it comes to potential interactions in the future.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Gary will just keep the 21 game in Ames & take it in the ass. Cuz...he’s Gary Barta.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
it’s in rosemont. interesting is a stretch.
I just meant that it seams a little heavy for a restaurant inside an office building. I would think a Starbucks and a Panera would make more sense.

thrawn

Reaction score
I just meant that it seams a little heavy for a restaurant inside an office building. I would think a Starbucks and a Panera would make more sense.
Ah.

It’s right by the MB Financial Park (or whatever its name is now) and there are a bunch of convention hotels around there. I think the restaurant makes more sense in that location than the B10 necessarily does.

Reaction score
Rob cares about Iowa Football. Duh. He has to make money. Read the thread. His old buddy Todd helping him out.

fossilhawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Since joining the Athletic, it seems like Dochterman has stepped up his game a bit.

This is beautiful.

Many former Black players have returned to Iowa City or volunteered for the advisory council. Robert T. Green was hired by Wadley’s mother, Sharonda Phelps, to represent a group of former players. Other than Wadley, all of them transferred from Iowa with eligibility on the table. Former running back Marcel Joly wrote he and his girlfriend purchased a BMW during his sophomore year and claimed the coaches “treated him like a suspect” when they asked him how he obtained it. Another former running back, Jonathan Parker, wrote about how the staff forced him to eat his steak medium-well instead of well done, which made him ill. Both complained about a double standard with regard to clothing, hairstyle and jewelry.

Both were critical of Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz with Joly calling him “careless, selfish.” Parker said Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz berated him at a practice, kicked a garbage can and yelled “only a dumb ass Black player would do it like that.”

One former Black player, who attended the practice of which Parker alleged, said most people tune out Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz at practice. As for what he told Parker, the former player said, “I cannot say I heard him say that. In fact, I find it hard to believe that he would say that and nobody else confirm it.”

Many of the recent statements from the former players and Robert T. Green have been inconsistent. Green regularly discusses the Iowa situation on Facebook Live. After an interview conducted with a Quad Cities-based radio stadium last week, Green described the interview in unflattering terms.

“I’m not going to speak out too much about the debacle which is what I gave out to the Iowa media last week, but it’s relevant to discuss some of the stereotypes and racial profiling that that actual radio show subjected to me in that actual scenario,” he said. “The reason why I did that actual interview was to do one thing and have their voices heard but as I proceeded to that interview was about my background, how I grew up, how I got shot and all of those different things. Nothing about the names that are listed in this actual video.”

The 52-minute radio interview with 1170 AM, of which Green spoke for more than 45 minutes, the questions largely were generic. The first was about his background, to which Green offered, “Being a highly rated athlete, I got jumped by gang members and police at the same time. Unless I tell you that story, you would never know that.”

The follow-up question asked about Green’s age (21) when the incident took place. Then the interview, at Green’s beckoning, switched to traditional questions about the situation. One was about how his relationship with Wadley began. A second was about whether he had any contact with Hush Blackwell. The next dealt with whether Green had a financial interest in releasing the information and what is the end game for him and the players. Green said “a thousand lawyers” want to jump on the case.

The questioning then steered toward Wadley and how one of his past tweets didn’t line up with his statement. The interview became contentious when Green claimed nobody in Iowa media had covered the topic, a claim which instantly became disputed.

“The reason why players don’t want to comment is because of the things you’re trying to do to me now,” Green retorted.

When asked if he edited any of the players’ statements, Green called the question “disrespectful.”

The interview ended when Green hung up on the station. He subsequently canceled a next-day interview with an Iowa City radio station. In his Facebook Live session four days later, Green called the interview “disgraceful, comical” and “I spent almost an hour trying to get their names out.”

Midway through his interview, Green was asked if he had any contact with four-star recruit Ricky Parks, who picked Utah over Iowa on June 28. Green responded, “No.” But on his Facebook page, Green wrote, “Think #IowaFootball is going to be “dead” to other #BlackAthletes sooner than you think. I sent this to #RickyParks. I am sure he and his parents is curious to know how he will be treated in #Iowa

“Maybe he should talk to other #Iowa Rb’s and parents that came before him that played for #BrianFerentz. Think I’ll tag two. #AkrumWadley #MarcelJoly”

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
God this finally about to be over
Again, imagine where this shit would have been (even on a local micro level) without Jade stepping in. Not a single beat writer was daring to question the stories or shady people involved. In fact, they were doing everything they could to avoid looking deeper.

Now you have an almost universal shunning of Robert Green and anyone that comes out of that group with a half assed bullshit story. Eickholt, Kakert, Dochterman and others have flipped fully or neutral. Howe and maybe Farty are the only real holdouts.