**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Greg Davis’ criminality has its curtain call

Bob

Reaction score
That explains a lot if he is going to an FCS school. Still a boring 3 hour drive from his wife.
A pretty shitty FCS team too. They were one of his only offers coming out of high school though. Not to play the "we didn't want him anyway" game but he really wasn't much of a recruit. Petras, Padilla, and Hogan weren't necessarily all world recruits or anything but the difference in offer list is pretty stark. He was barely getting FBS interest much less P5.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Have you seen her though? He had to lock her up, doesn’t matter how young
dude is a college QB. He can get that and better nightly.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Feels like today is going to be the 5:00 on a Friday 'we're going pro' announcement.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Few things I learned:

Brian is super high on Petras. I think his exact words were, that fucker sees things on fucking film before the mother fucking coaches. Can’t fucking wait.

Polasek might be brushing off resume if he doesn’t get shit together.

Wirfs is still undecided.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Few things I learned:

Brian is super high on Petras. I think his exact words were, that fucker sees things on fucking film before the mother fucking coaches. Can’t fucking wait.

Nice info. Was this from an insider conversation or something like an I-Club stop?

Gushawk

Reaction score
Who makes the OL PT/rotation decisions? I’d like to know who was responsible for all the Paulsen snaps.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Few things I learned:

Good. He's been awful at best and fucking sucks at worst.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
Who makes the OL PT/rotation decisions? I’d like to know who was responsible for all the Paulsen snaps.
Injuries to Schott, Britt, Jackson, Banwart, & Ince.

They tried their best not to play them.

Gushawk

Reaction score
I’m ambivalent toward Polasek, and that’s uncommon for me

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Unless you're calling @Jim a LIAR and SCUMBAG it doesn't seem like it's THAT off base.
Ha. Exactly. I’d say we’ve been pretty easy on him for the most part. I’m also not saying he’ll be canned this year, but I don’t think he’ll be missed if he finds a job at another school.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Polasek hasn't been all that impressive IMO, and I'm not even blaming him for the shitty run blocking the last couple seasons. It seems the individual development has mostly been by guys who were studs coming out of high school...Linderbaum/Wirfs/Jackson before his injury. I know Linderbaum changed positions but from the reports from the high school All American game, he was going to be a player regardless of position. Those three would have succeeded with anyone coaching. Maybe I'm blaming Polasek too much for the Paulsens being immobile turnstiles and Cole Banwart not really making a big strides, but the position group doesn't seem to be what they once were.

I don't think he deserves to be fired, but it would be comforting to see some more development from guys like Britt, Kallenberger, Schott, Banwart, etc. next season.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Polasek hasn't been all that impressive IMO, and I'm not even blaming him for the shitty run blocking the last couple seasons. It seems the individual development has mostly been by guys who were studs coming out of high school...Linderbaum/Wirfs/Jackson before his injury. I know Linderbaum changed positions but from the reports from the high school All American game, he was going to be a player regardless of position. Those three would have succeeded with anyone coaching. Maybe I'm blaming Polasek too much for the Paulsens being immobile turnstiles and Cole Banwart not really making a big strides, but the position group doesn't seem to be what they once were.

I don't think he deserves to be fired, but it would be comforting to see some more development from guys like Britt, Kallenberger, Schott, Banwart, etc. next season.
There were injuries, but the 2015 line had serious issues with less talented players and was better. I don’t think it has been bad, but it also hasn’t been great either.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
There were injuries, but the 2015 line had serious issues with less talented players and was better. I don’t think it has been bad, but it also hasn’t been great either.
The 2019 schedule was quite a bit tougher, especially in terms of defenses faced. The 2015 offense was pretty meh against MSU & got their shit pushed in against Stanford.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
The 2019 schedule was quite a bit tougher, especially in terms of defenses faced. The 2015 offense was pretty meh against MSU & got their shit pushed in against Stanford.
True enough. They also had better TE and fullback. I still feel like the line should have been better this year.

Gushawk

Reaction score
The Paulsens looking not atrocious against a pretty meh ISU front was fool’s gold that hurt us some later imo. They weren’t always the absolute last resort they should have been.

Bob

Reaction score
The pass blocking has gotten way better the last few seasons. The run game is garbage but there are scheme issues there that you can't put on Polasek. Blaming him for Banwart also seems unfair given how often Banwart is hurt.

He does seem like kind of a prick though so other coaches being sick of him wouldn't surprise me that much

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
It seems, for sure, it is Kirk being stubborn about the rule change. He hates it, thinks it’s wrong, takes it deeply personal and this bowl prep finally acknowledged that it’s not changing so they need to look at some things. It’ll be better next year due to better jimmys and joes as well as the X’s and O’s.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I liked the Polasek hire when they made it but he hadn’t coached OL before so it always seemed like a gamble.
It was a strange hire. It seemed Kirk went after him because he liked the run scheme NDSU used and Kirk was hoping to implement some of it yet they never have.

I just hope Kirk watched the Bills-Texans game. Buffalo used a statue like Josh Allen in their run game. People act like you have to have Lamar Jackson back there to be effective.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
It was a strange hire. It seemed Kirk went after him because he liked the run scheme NDSU used and Kirk was hoping to implement some of it yet they never have.

I just hope Kirk watched the Bills-Texans game. Buffalo used a statue like Josh Allen in their run game. People act like you have to have Lamar Jackson back there to be effective.
Josh Allen is no Lamar, but he is a great runner.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
They didn't really let Fields do anything but run when they put him in last year, it's hard to know if that was him or just shitty coaching. He clearly has a much higher ceiling than Fromm did but I don't know if Georgia was the place for him to reach it. They're recruiting as well as anyone under Smart but they run a really boring outdated offense, which is especially glaring when recruiting peers like Bama and LSU have gone full blown spread.

They'll probably grab a grad transfer. Newman from Wake is in the portal and was awesome this year. He's said he wants to transfer to play in a more "traditional" offense to try to improve his pro prospects, which I think is a mistake for him, but it would put UGA in play.
Bingo

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Adriano and I go way back.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Maybe Polasek does indeed suck. Raises some interesting questions. Who knows.