**Official Missouri vs. Iowa Music City Bowl Thread - 12/30/20 - 3:00pm - ESPN**

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
A weird ass season that still should have had the opportunity to finish with 8 wins.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
This sucks. That team ate nothing but shit going all the way back to May, and they overcame it all. Fuck Missouri.

I can’t decide if this is a “never play them again” situation, or a “schedule them immediately and stuff your cock through their head” situation.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
This sucks. That team ate nothing but shit going all the way back to May, and they overcame it all. Fuck Missouri.

I can’t decide if this is a “never play them again” situation, or a “schedule them immediately and stuff your cock through their head” situation.
considering they already bailed on a four game series at the last minute, and SEC teams don’t play anyone before conference, I’m not sure “we aren’t gonna play you” is a big deterrent

I think we should attack their livestock/wives with small arms.

JR Hawks

Receives State Appropriations
Reaction score
considering the likely opt-outs and impact on a fall 21 season, yes
There wouldn't have been many opt outs if you got the NFL to push back the draft.

The 2021 fall season is a worthy consideration, but ultimately I think players, coaches, and fans are ready for football in the fall regardless of when they last played.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
So the Iowa season ends because Gary “good for the state” Barta forces a 3-loss Iowa State team into a NY6 bowl, leaving Indiana to the Outback, and dropping Iowa to a game that ends up being cancelled.

I wonder if that Fiesta Bowl bid is better for the state than Iowa playing on Friday.

thrawn

Reaction score
There wouldn't have been many opt outs if you got the NFL to push back the draft.
The NFL was never going to move the draft unless every college program moved. The SEC never wanted to move.

The 2021 fall season is a worthy consideration, but ultimately I think players, coaches, and fans are ready for football in the fall regardless of when they last played.
Good luck with pushing 20+ games in a calendar year past the people who put in the B10 covid rules.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
I’m not taking this well. We got fucking cheated out of watching this team. First by the big ten. Then by Michigan, the biggest pussies in the NCAA. Even Indiana’s covid issues fucked us and we should have played them instead of Michigan anyways. The CFP fucked us by leaving Indiana out of the NY6. And now Missouri. I’m heartbroken for the players having to put up with this shit sandwich. I’ll be unhappy about this for a long time.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
So the Iowa season ends because Gary “good for the state” Barta forces a 3-loss Iowa State team into a NY6 bowl, leaving Indiana to the Outback, and dropping Iowa to a game that ends up being cancelled.

I wonder if that Fiesta Bowl bid is better for the state than Iowa playing on Friday.
I didn’t realize that we were actually trying to become Hawkeye Report.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
I’m not taking this well. We got fucking cheated out of watching this team. First by the big ten. Then by Michigan, the biggest pussies in the NCAA. Even Indiana’s covid issues fucked us and we should have played them instead of Michigan anyways. The CFP fucked us by leaving Indiana out of the NY6. And now Missouri. I’m heartbroken for the players having to put up with this shit sandwich. I’ll be unhappy about this for a long time.
You spelled @Gushawk wrong

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I have no idea why people think it’s surprising that the big ten got the shaft. We deserved it. Barta, as one of the few sane people who wanted to play, probably found it funny.

HawkeyeJonesEsq

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
If nothing else Iowa should get to have a televised scrimmage in the stadium where Goodson runs for over 200.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I still blame Barta and the committee.

i don’t think OSU should have gotten in but if the committee thinks they are one of the best four teams than you can ignore Indiana’s 7 pt loss to them.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
I kind of doubt Ohio st would beat Iowa let alone Clemson.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Go back and read some of the quotes after Mizzou season finale, they were happy to be done with the season. I don’t understand why they accepted the bowl invite. Is it a Southern thing where you can’t turn down more football?

Last edited:

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
It's probably already been said, but three months ago we were still looking at a canceled season and/or spring football, and we ended up getting a relatively uninterrupted, if abbreviated, regular season with six straight wins and a long overdue beatdown of Wisconsin to close it out. All things considered, I'll take it.

Fuck Missouri anyway, though.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
It's probably already been said, but three months ago we were still looking at a canceled season and/or spring football, and we ended up getting a relatively uninterrupted, if abbreviated, regular season with six straight wins and a long overdue beatdown of Wisconsin to close it out. All things considered, I'll take it.

Fuck Missouri anyway, though.
Agree. But it’s very frustrating our final two opponents had plenty of time to get their COVID numbers under control and failed to do so.

JR Hawks

Reaction score
JR thinks they would have played a full spring with everyone playing.
Strawman.

Let me try. Thrawn thinks the fall season was great because:

-No fans in the stands is great for an athletic department's revenue.

-Conferences should always start their seasons two months apart.

-Last minute bowl cancellations are cool

-An 8-3 team v. a 4-2 team makes for a compelling NY6 bowl game.

-Starting the season in late October in a northern climate is ideal for good playing/field conditions and minimal virus exposure as everyone heads indoors.

-Six wins is more than enough to be in the college football playoff.

Etc....

thrawn

Reaction score
Strawman.

Let me try. Thrawn thinks the fall season was great because:

-No fans in the stands is great for an athletic department's revenue.

-Conferences should always start their seasons two months apart.

-Last minute bowl cancellations are cool

-An 8-3 team v. a 4-2 team makes for a compelling NY6 bowl game.

-Starting the season in late October in a northern climate is ideal for good playing/field conditions and minimal virus exposure as everyone heads indoors.

-Six wins is more than enough to be in the college football playoff.

Etc....
The fall season mostly sucked. I’ve said as such. If you think a spring season, with deaths likely peaking in January/February and vaccines not widely available, with any pro prospect opting out and a shorter follow up fall season, would have been better, than LOL.

Are you under the impression we wouldn’t have seen team outbreaks and cancellations in April? That conferences that couldn’t coordinate in August/September would in March? That there would be full crowds before a wide distribution of the vaccine?

JR Hawks

Reaction score
The fall season mostly sucked. I’ve said as such. If you think a spring season, with deaths likely peaking in January/February and vaccines not widely available, with any pro prospect opting out and a shorter follow up fall season, would have been better, than LOL.

Are you under the impression we wouldn’t have seen team outbreaks and cancellations in April? That conferences that couldn’t coordinate in August/September would in March? That there would be full crowds before a wide distribution of the vaccine?
Spring could have been a clusterfuck as well. But it would've provided more time for planning/coordination. And, most importantly, the country will be in a much better place with the virus both physically and mentally this spring. Some large groups are expected to be vaccine-eligible January-March and Fauci still thinks the vaccine is available to the general public in April....if accurate, it's back to mostly normal this spring whether anyone likes it or not.