**Official Purdue vs. Iowa Football Thread - 2:30pm - ABC**

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Iowa wins. They don't need style points, just wins. It won't be pretty, but Iowa wins by 17

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
We have been very fortunate on the injury front. Hope that continues. Especially critical that Campbell, Goodson, Belton, Jacobs and Linderbaum stay healthy.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Purdue moves the ball well but they’re about as bad as Iowa in the red zone mostly because they can’t run the ball. Brohm will kick a couple field goals then gets impatient and starts going for it on 4th down which they never convert.

Reaction score
Purdue will be a dog fight & you are crazy if you think otherwise. Especially coming off their bye & a certain let down from Iowa.
They've scored exactly 13 points in 3 straight games. If the offense can get to 20 I like Iowa's chances. Definitely need to do a good job on Bell, but outside of him, Purdue doesn't have many weapons offensively.

I agree that Purdue having a bye to prep for Iowa concerns me, mostly for the offense. Would like to see Brian come out with a game plan similar to Maryland where they throw it aggressively in the first few drives to back the defense off and use a lot of play action.

The two games that worry me most the rest of the way are Purdue and Nebrantska.

Pipiyopee

Reaction score
Yeah fucking Nebrantska gave Michigan all they could handle. But I like Parker vs Martinez.

The Dad

Reaction score
They've scored exactly 13 points in 3 straight games. If the offense can get to 20 I like Iowa's chances. Definitely need to do a good job on Bell, but outside of him, Purdue doesn't have many weapons offensively.

I agree that Purdue having a bye to prep for Iowa concerns me, mostly for the offense. Would like to see Brian come out with a game plan similar to Maryland where they throw it aggressively in the first few drives to back the defense off and use a lot of play action.

The two games that worry me most the rest of the way are Purdue and Nebrantska.
Not sure extra bye week prep matters all that much when playing against Iowa. Every team has 20 years of tape. The rest and recovery benefits will still be there though.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Purdue is avg 13 points a game?

Iowa comes out running the ball with goal of scoring 14.

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
No matter how much they acknowledge it, try and focus with good practices etc, there will be letdown come Saturday. It's only human nature particularly among 20 year old young men. I expect it will take a chunk of the 1st half to get their edge back.

The Dad

Reaction score
No matter how much they acknowledge it, try and focus with good practices etc, there will be letdown come Saturday. It's only human nature particularly among 20 year old young men. I expect it will take a chunk of the 1st half to get their edge back.
Losing to Purdue last year should hopefully provide plenty of fire.

Kerky

Reaction score
purdue is rancid dog shit this year. The defense is bad and their quarterback play is turrible. Iowa is going to shit all over them.
Why is O'Connell back in the starting role over Plummer?

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I don’t. At all.

losing to them last year should be plenty of motivation.

edit: scooped!

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
Is Purdue's defense for sure that bad? The most points they've given up is 27 to Notre Dame but that includes a 51 yard TD run and a 62 yard TD completion. That's hard to replicate. George Karlaftis is also an NFL prospect pass rusher.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
If we play like the number 2 ranked team in the country, I like our chances

The Dad

Reaction score
Is Purdue's defense for sure that bad? The most points they've given up is 27 to Notre Dame but that includes a 51 yard TD run and a 62 yard TD completion. That's hard to replicate. George Karlaftis is also an NFL prospect pass rusher.
Their defense is good.

We’ll make it look fantastic.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Some serious defeatist faggots in this thread. Their defense is not good. Notre dame is not exactly a juggernaut offensively this year. They played Minnesota in a monsoon.

the big fat guy who gave Iowa problems is finally gone.

The Dad

Reaction score
Defeatist? I’m not saying we’re going to lose. But our offense isn’t going to magically turn into something it’s not. Hell, we made CSU look like the 85 Bears.
We are what we are.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Defeatist? I’m not saying we’re going to lose. But our offense isn’t going to magically turn into something it’s not. Hell, we made CSU look like the 85 Bears.
We are what we are.
actually I think Iowa is getting pretty close offensively to popping (by Iowa standards). I don’t think we’ll give everyone a 50 piece, but a couple butt fuckings are on the horizon.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Some serious defeatist faggots in this thread. Their defense is not good. Notre dame is not exactly a juggernaut offensively this year. They played Minnesota in a monsoon.

the big fat guy who gave Iowa problems is finally gone.
No fucking shit. ND has a shit run game, worse than Iowa’s and they were way overrated. Iowa will dominate field position for the 7th time this year, have 2-3 takeaways and win by 3 scores

Reaction score
John Steppe
Thinks the Two Deeps Matter

Seriously though I'll give him a pass because he's new on the beat but this standard Iowa depth chart practice where if a guy gets hurt and doesn't finish game automiatcally off the depth chart. I am going to assume Moss is out until after the bye though.

Kerky

Reaction score
Little worried about Purdue matching Bell up against Roberts. PSU was picking on him after Moss went out. Roberson even managed to complete a pass against him.