Officially Done With Ferentz Thread

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I think Fickell is going to be in a position to wait for a really big time job. Kleimain is the guy for me, even if KSU ends up being up and down the next year or two.
I think Fickell to Texas makes sense. Pandemic will limit movement.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I'm also going to guess there will be a focus on looking at candidates of color when it happens.

Jerry Montgomery would seem to be a good option.

BluesHawk

Goes to Applebee’s for special occasions
Reaction score
I really just want a version of Ferentz with better clock management and situational awareness, and more willingness to make scheme changes based on personnel and matchups.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The first person you ask is Phil. If he says no, you move on to someone outside the program.
I usually would say yes to that, but after seeing the ISM arrest today, they are heading towards needing a complete reset.

If the discipline on the team is falling off because the current coaches have lost control, which I would bet they are on the verge of, then it would make sense to bring in an entirely new staff.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I usually would say yes to that, but after seeing the ISM arrest today, they are heading towards needing a complete reset.

If the discipline on the team is falling off because the current coaches have lost control, which I would bet they are on the verge of, then it would make sense to bring in an entirely new staff.
Calm down.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Dipshit players do dipshit things every season, I don't know if it means anything bigger picture.

Jackson being allowed, not to be vegan, but to drop as much weight as he has, is concerning. Eat a bunch of beans you skinny little bitch. You can keep your weight up without eating meat. Probably means you're a homo, but I'm fine with that.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Does seem like there needs to be some eggshells that need to be walked on around there though.

Not racist eggshells obv, but discipline eggshells

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
The thing to worry about is the one bad hire from falling into obscurity possibility. Iowa is a good program that's been consistent for the last 40 years. The 20 years before that, not so much.

Reaction score
They're two plays from everyone talking about us being the favorite in the West, Ferentz rallying the troops, circling the wagons and everything they've overcome.

Now there's a decent chance we go winless, the program is falling apart with no control and Brian is going to force Kirk to be fired.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
They're two plays from everyone talking about us being the favorite in the West, Ferentz rallying the troops, circling the wagons and everything they've overcome.

Now there's a decent chance we go winless, the program is falling apart with no control and Brian is going to force Kirk to be fired.
That's the fun in being a fan, wild swings in mood from game to game.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score

While Iowa Fan amuses me as well, even if Iowa wins those two games, I don’t think anyone could be all that thrilled about how they looked doing it

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

I get it, but even if they had made those two plays, they weren't particularly impressive- particularly against NU.

The Purdue game was a little different, they just didn't finish/made shitty mistakes at key moments.

Point is, you don't need to be irrational to think this season is going to be a struggle.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score

Not how I saw it. NW was conservative as fuck because Pat knew our offense is trash. They were a better team. Purdue was a toss up game

Floyd R

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I know fans have predicted the end of KF three times: 2007, 2011, & 2014 but this time feels different.

This was posted on the other site the Wednesday before Purdue:

"Dillon Doyle had a lot of personal friends on the, and despite what the mob has led everyone to believe, coach Doyle was well respected. Many current and former players are privately unhappy with what happened. The meeting where grievances were aired a few months ago? Things were said that can’t be unsaid. Things not easily swept under the rug and forgotten

Two: Subtle changes in a lack of discipline. Sharp edges being rounded off. The Iowa way is already fading a little. People aren’t swinging at the rock as hard as the once were.

Three: More me and I, less we and us.

I was told that you will notice it this year. For sure. They said it feels like the beginning of a bigger problem.

Lastly, Jack is out with an illness. I didn’t want people to think it’s a knee, shoulder or anything like that."

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Not how I saw it. NW was conservative as fuck because Pat knew our offense is trash. They were a better team. Purdue was a toss up game
They’re playing like a team with a defense that is really fucking good.

CamelTones

Reaction score
I know fans have predicted the end of KF three times: 2007, 2011, & 2014 but this time feels different.

This was posted on the other site the Wednesday before Purdue:

"Dillon Doyle had a lot of personal friends on the, and despite what the mob has led everyone to believe, coach Doyle was well respected. Many current and former players are privately unhappy with what happened. The meeting where grievances were aired a few months ago? Things were said that can’t be unsaid. Things not easily swept under the rug and forgotten

Two: Subtle changes in a lack of discipline. Sharp edges being rounded off. The Iowa way is already fading a little. People aren’t swinging at the rock as hard as the once were.

Three: More me and I, less we and us.

I was told that you will notice it this year. For sure. They said it feels like the beginning of a bigger problem.

Lastly, Jack is out with an illness. I didn’t want people to think it’s a knee, shoulder or anything like that."
I posted it in chat, but in the off season Tyler Barnes had mentioned to people that even if there was a season the Iowa coaches were concerned that they weren’t going to be very good.

They just don’t know where the team is mentally. They’d like to think they’re in a good spot but all the shit that came out it became obvious they really have no idea what their players are thinking.

Will McCoy

Douchebag
Reaction score

A microcosm if the Ferentz era if you will.

Little margin for error.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
I posted it in chat, but in the off season Tyler Barnes had mentioned to people that even if there was a season the Iowa coaches were concerned that they weren’t going to be very good.

They just don’t know where the team is mentally. They’d like to think they’re in a good spot but all the shit that came out it became obvious they really have no idea what their players are thinking.
I thought there would be more situations like the one at Iowa in other programs. It really didn't happen, so maybe there is more to it than we think? In any case, a team with the type of problems Iowa has right now is going to have an uphill battle this season.

BillyBob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

That's football.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
The racial issues and perhaps a crappy season couldn't come at a worse time with the state of Iowa probably having its most D1 prospects ever

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
The thing to worry about is the one bad hire from falling into obscurity possibility. Iowa is a good program that's been consistent for the last 40 years. The 20 years before that, not so much.
Thanks Clint.

CamelTones

Reaction score
The racial issues and perhaps a crappy season couldn't come at a worse time with the state of Iowa probably having its most D1 prospects ever
+Reese Morgan’s retirement. They’re still doing really good in state however.

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The racial bias stuff is going to be more problematic than most of us want to admit. Every game, the announcing crew is going to spend 3-5 minutes rehashing the entire timeline. 95% of out of state recruits aren’t going to spend the time to investigate and determine that most of the bias claims were bull shit. The program, and by proxy Kirk, has been branded as racist. Given the current environment, Iowa becomes the easiest school in America to recruit against.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
The racial bias stuff is going to be more problematic than most of us want to admit. Every game, the announcing crew is going to spend 3-5 minutes rehashing the entire timeline. 95% of out of state recruits aren’t going to spend the time to investigate and determine that most of the bias claims were bull shit. The program, and by proxy Kirk, has been branded as racist. Given the current environment, Iowa becomes the easiest school in America to recruit against.
Yeah. This is the best argument for moving on from Kirk. I don’t even think it’s Kirk’s fault, but perception becomes reality, and I don’t see any way the current staff can overcome the perception.