**Ohio State vs. Iowa Basketball - 2/20/20 - 6pm - ESPN**

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Just go with it

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
The kind of uncle who has time to do an interview with Pat Harty in the middle of the day may not be the kind who is privy to the most reliable information.
I listened to it, so I must really suck :(

On second thought, Mr Verbal, any man who doesn’t have a spare 15 minutes in the morning is a fucking loser. So there!

What gets me is he said there would be an MRI first thing on Friday AM that would tell them more and...

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score

On second thought, Mr Verbal, any man who doesn’t have a spare 15 minutes in the morning is a fucking loser. So there!

What gets me is he said there would be an MRI first thing on Friday AM that would tell them more and...
It was a dig at Harty. Remain clam.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
It was a dig at Harty. Remain clam.
Sorry, failed to see said dig at Pharty. I’m sure it’s there somewhere if I was paying attention.

Calmer than you.

Reaction score
Verbal is a smooth motherfucker. He’s like a quiet assassin. Do not fuck with Vepr.

douglasbader

Thought Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score

Right, the interview with the Uncle was right after the Indiana game the following morning and they didn't know much of anything.

I think since then it has been looking better. Hope he gets to play on Thursday.

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
One site was reporting after Minnesota game that vibe is that it is very inflamed and sounding like at least a couple more weeks. Hopefully it’s a bunch of overreaction, but I guess at this point I have no reason to believe CJ will be ready to go for OSU or MSU

douglasbader

Reaction score
One site was reporting after Minnesota game that vibe is that it is very inflamed and sounding like at least a couple more weeks. Hopefully it’s a bunch of overreaction, but I guess at this point I have no reason to believe CJ will be ready to go for OSU or MSU
Link it!!!!!!

douglasbader

Reaction score
I get wanting to take time off to work on mental health, but wonder what the actual plan is here. I mean, therapy and drugs should at least get him on track within a month or so. It appears that he isn't even thinking about coming back this year.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
DJ Carton will be in a Michigan, Iowa State, or Nebrantska uniform next year.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
DJ Carton will be in a Michigan, Iowa State, or Nebrantska uniform next year.
I think this is probably right. The cynic in me feels like DJs "mental health" claim is a smokescreen for a hardship waiver.

I also wonder if he and the kid from Wisconsin are both headed the same place. Iowa State or Nebrantska, if so.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Where did he grow up? I couldn’t find anything other than Bett high school. His other finalists were Michigan and Indiana.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Lestikow has an article that gives more context to where the Carton comments came from today by Holtzman.

Carton has been completely separated from the team and has been at home in Bettendorf ever since announcing he was leaving the team to work on his mental health. He is still able to do his academics from home.

He supposedly posted on SnapChat that "he would be back with the gang" for the game. Holtzman basically said no way to him either playing or attending.

Since it was categorized as a mental health issue he hinted there is a long process that Carton would have to go through before he was even allowed back to practice and hinted with 6 games left in the season that he won't be allowed back at all.

He was saying the right things, but from the tone of his comments I don't get the impression he is thrilled overall with the situation.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
Lestikow has an article that gives more context to where the Carton comments came from today by Holtzman.

Carton has been completely separated from the team and has been at home in Bettendorf ever since announcing he was leaving the team to work on his mental health. He is still able to do his academics from home.

He supposedly posted on SnapChat that "he would be back with the gang" for the game. Holtzman basically said no way to him either playing or attending.

Since it was categorized as a mental health issue he hinted there is a long process that Carton would have to go through before he was even allowed back to practice and hinted with 6 games left in the season that he won't be allowed back at all.

He was saying the right things, but from the tone of his comments I don't get the impression he is thrilled overall with the situation.
maybe he pissed hot

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score

Which is a quick ammunition for Carton to be immediately eligible as a transfer next year.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Which is a quick ammunition for Carton to be immediately eligible as a transfer next year.
Sounds like the NCAA is close, possibly as soon as this summer, to approving that anyone can transfer 1 time and not have to sit out a year and finally end the waiver system.

Big Ten and ACC are already in.

Reaction score
Sounds like the NCAA is close, possibly as soon as this summer, to approving that anyone can transfer 1 time and not have to sit out a year and finally end the waiver system.

Big Ten and ACC are already in.
Just read an article last night that said the next meeting is April, then June after that.

Last edited:

douglasbader

Reaction score
Student-athletes across all sports would be able to transfer once as undergraduates without sitting out a year in residence so long as they: (a) receive a transfer release from their previous school, (b) leave their previous school academically eligible, (c) maintain their academic progress at the new school and (d) depart under no disciplinary suspension.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Just read an article last night that said the next meeting is April, the June after that.
It is an administrative change, not a legislative change so they don't need the buy in from the schools. They are trying to get out ahead of the public relations battle that is coming about players rights.

Reaction score
It is an administrative change, not a legislative change so they don't need the buy in from the schools. They are trying to get out ahead of the public relations battle that is coming about players rights.
Correct. The article from The Athletic discussed how they were doing it under the umbrella of a committee working on the waiver system, which bypasses the need for a vote.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Kakert and Randazzo said on their podcast that Carton was doing better because he was home. They basically made it sound like he was home sick and really struggled being away from his family.

Its too bad there wasn’t a school less than an hour away that recruited him that he could have played for.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I haven't hardly watched OSU play this year but they started playing much better after Carton left

Reaction score
They had lost 6 of 7. Carton left the team and they've won 5 of their last 6.

Reaction score
They had lost 6 of 7. Carton left the team and they've won 5 of their last 6.
4 of 5 without him but 3 of those were at home vs. Indiana, Purdue and Rutgers.
He also was playing big minutes when they were 11-1 and ranked #2. He scored 17 and was their best player in his last game.