*Omnibus 2020-2021 College Basketball Thread*

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
They have recruited really well. I think they even had a couple guys transfer last year.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Right. I said last night they'd be exposed when their schedule toughened up but when they keep beating the shit out of everyone, you can't call them overrated. Home or not, that's a veteran Wisconsin team that doesn't take beatings like that. I think they might just be really good.
I think it will end up being a bit of both. They are really really good and also likely will get exposed some coming up.

Minnesota will be a huge test for them on the road. If they beat them soundly, then yeah.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Iowa will beat Michigan. That center is a nice player and potentially great down the road, but he’s a freshman and there’s a train a comin’.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I'm glad the braintrust has decided Michigan may not be legit really good after staying undefeated and destroying a top 10 team. If they lose to Minnesota on the road, we can deem then not legit.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
I'm glad the braintrust has decided Michigan may not be legit really good after staying undefeated and destroying a top 10 team. If they lose to Minnesota on the road, we can deem then not legit.
Yes, any team that loses at Minnesota is definitely not legit.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Yes, any team that loses at Minnesota is definitely not legit.
One single person said they were overrated (BBK) and everyone else said they are really good but not quite ready to put them in the Gonzaga/Baylor tier.

Nobody said if they lose to Minnesota on the road they won't be legit.

Lot's of reading comprehension issues lately and it seems Debit is always involved somehow. I guess that is what happens when you get older.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
There's a long way to go, but it looks really likely right now that Iowa @ Michigan on MARCH 4 is for the conference title.

Last edited:
Reaction score
One single person said they were overrated (BBK) and everyone else said they are really good but not quite ready to put them in the Gonzaga/Baylor tier.

Nobody said if they lose to Minnesota on the road they won't be legit.

Lot's of reading comprehension issues lately and it seems Debit is always involved somehow. I guess that is what happens when you get older.
So, give credit to debit?

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
So we'll get at least one Hawk game this week. Nice.

And hopefully the Hawks can keep the purple kitties in their broken state for at least one more game. NW has looked like shit since the 15-pt loss in Iowa City.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
A listing of all the games rescheduled. It is to allow Penn State to reschedule both of their missed games.

Reaction score
Ethan Morton for Purdue was a Top 100 point guard recruit with offers from Iowa, UVA, Wisconsin, Oregon, OSU, Michigan, Creighton, Indiana and many others. So far in 36 minutes of Big Ten action he has:

0 points
0 rebounds
0 steals
1 assist

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Ethan Morton for Purdue was a Top 100 point guard recruit with offers from Iowa, UVA, Wisconsin, Oregon, OSU, Michigan, Creighton, Indiana and many others. So far in 36 minutes of Big Ten action he has:

0 points
0 rebounds
0 steals
1 assist
He looks like the last guy you would want to choose for a pickup game

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
Texas lost last night at home to Tech. Hawks win Sunday and they’re moving in to 1 seed position.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
8 minutes in, Arizona up 13-0 on Oregon St.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score

Relatively expected, but given the single location tournament, they're going to seed much closer to a typical S-curve in 2021 with just a few adjustments to try to avoid conference opponents playing early.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
I’m glad I haven’t been watching this Rutgers/Wiscy game. 46-44 with under 8 left. Maybe the end will be interesting.

Reaction score
Rutgers looks like a high school team. 35% from the field, 13% from three, 5 assists and 13 turnovers.

Reaction score
Young is such a mess sometimes in key moments and pouts. Baker and Harper aren’t shooting well and they don’t always play smart. Rough down the stretch.

Reaction score
Watching random games from around college basketball really makes you appreciate Iowa’s offense. So many teams can’t shoot, don’t understand how to run their offense, can’t find the open man and have no idea what a good shot is.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Young is such a mess sometimes in key moments and pouts. Baker and Harper aren’t shooting well and they don’t always play smart. Rough down the stretch.
Iowa broke Rutgers. They've looked bad since that game.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The NCAA needs to stop refs from making all these horseshit charge calls. It’s out of control.
It's the basketball version of the big wind up and "HUNGH!!" punch out strike three call by MLB umpires.

Basketball ref looks intently and then "TWEET" "TWEET" "TWEET" "TWEET" of the whistle followed by a huge emphatic hand behind head and throwing forward of the other arm and often with the back foot fully off the ground.

LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

douglasbader

Reaction score
I forgot the hot steppin' right over to the scorers bench to emphatically call out with his hands the number of the offending player and another hand behind the head and slight punch of the other arm to let you know he was totally all over that charge.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Good early afternoon slate of big ten hoops today, both relevant to Iowa. OSU @ Illinois at 11:00 then Michigan @ Minnesota at 1:00.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Illinois seems to be like Kansas City where they consistently get down early then start playing well.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Illinois is the one team I can't bet on because they're all over the place

Reaction score
Illinois allowed an OSU team missing its top two PGs and forced to play a 17-year old to shoot 53% from the field and 7/11 from three in the first half.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Ayo is such a creative scorer. Refreshing to see, not that I don’t love bombing and making threes all game.