**Texas Tech vs. Iowa Basketball Thread - 11/28/19 - 7pm - FS1**

Reaction score
Wieskamp was shitty offensively in the end, but he also had a couple grown ass man rebounds. Fran subbed him out middle of the second half and I thought he was gonna puke walking to the bench he was so gassed. Dude is great and plays his ass off.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I just rewatched that CJ 3 on the airball.

Fuckin ONIONS.

Reaction score
*Fortyleven-beer-drinking Nobody has finally logged on*

My thoughts =

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Give credit to the Iowa defense. They brought it. CJ and Joe T absolutely get after it on that end of the floor.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
The scramble situation where CJ got the rebound, missed the close one, then Toussaint out jumped the dude to get the ball back, made me feel funny on the inside.
Hustle isn't a quantifiable stat, but if it were, JoeT maxed out the meter on that one play alone.
There was another play where Joe T did a spastic fly by to challenge a 3 point shooter and then flew back into the screen to grab the long rebound.

I shouted “yeah” and the in-laws looked at me like I was on drugs or disabled.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
TT 4-28 on threes. That's the story.
They missed some open looks, but the perimeter defense was much better than we have come to expect from Fran’s teams.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
One of the real joys of the holidays is watching an Iowa game at my in-laws, who all regard me as a space alien when yelling at the TV and carrying on like a general jamoke.

Revolver

Reaction score
The scramble situation where CJ got the rebound, missed the close one, then Toussaint out jumped the dude to get the ball back, made me feel funny on the inside.
Hustle isn't a quantifiable stat, but if it were, JoeT maxed out the meter on that one play alone.
There was another play where Joe T did a spastic fly by to challenge a 3 point shooter and then flew back into the screen to grab the long rebound.

I was pretty well behaved during the game, but when Tech started pressing and bohannon inbounded to Pemsl and he dribbled into no man’s land with only bohannon back there to help. I stood up and let out a “what in the FUCK are we doing?!?! Where are the fucking ball handlers?!?!” And my extended family never knew what hit them.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score

LOL!!! Exact same thing happened at my house. My kid's friend said, "What?!"

And I said, "He was all the way at 1/2 court contesting the 3 and he got the rebound."

Weird silence from them. Finally, someone said, "Oh."

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Cordell made me nervous anytime he was even close to the ball. Turnover waiting to happen.

Gushawk

Reaction score
I also forgot to mention Fredrick making the "three" sign and smiling to Bobby Hansen who was pointing right back at him and nodding his head.

That kid is a fucking player. What a great find by Fran.
Has a little JJ Reddick in him, imo. He’s only going to get tougher and more confident.

Gushawk

Reaction score
Cordell needs to not dribble, certainly.

Made a couple big FTs though.

Revolver

Reaction score
Cordell made me nervous anytime he was even close to the ball. Turnover waiting to happen.
When Cordell and bohannon are the only two back on press break, you call a timeout and get things in order.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
TT 4-28 on threes. That's the story.
Part of the story but yeah that was big.

iowas defense not being a total abomination was the bigger story. That and being hot early.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Forgot doug said Pemsl looks like a lesbian.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
It was cool to see @eclone come into chat and even he said he already has changed his mind on Fredrick.
He’s a gamer. Not sure he’ll ever be an all-conference player, but no one is going to want to go up against him. Like someone said above...onions

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
Great win. Absolutely love Garza. Great to see bohannon playing, and looks like he'll be with us all year. CJ could end up being the find of Fran's coaching career - along with Garza. That one game has made me completely revamp my opinion of Iowa's prospects for this year.

Toussaint is exciting to watch, but tends to play out of control too frequently and is a terrible shot. With a little seasoning, he will have a great career at Iowa.

I'm not concerned about Wieskamp's poor second half. Shit happens. He's already shown us that he's going to do great things at Iowa, as long as he doesn't leave early.

Connor should never, ever shoot threes.

I guess I'm not as down on Pemsl as some of you seem to be. He's a team player who plays with a lot of heart, and I like that. And whether we want to admit it or not, he likely made the game saving play of the night.

Will McCoy

Douchebag
Reaction score

We may be the same person in alternate universes. I started to explain my joy...no one gave a fuck.

Reaction score
Who would have ever thought the Kentucky Player of the Year could ball. Shocking!

I still want bohannon to redshirt. If JW returns for his junior year(which i think will happen), and you believe Toussaint has the chance to be special, next year could be historic if bohannon is there and healthy.

I am willing to accept this year being an NIT team if it gives us a chance at having a special season next year. It's been 40 years since our last conference championship. I can wait one more year for a chance to end that drought.

Last edited:

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Weiskamp is a good college player, I don't think he goes early. A taller Matt Gatens.

CamelTones

Reaction score
I’m in the camp that bohannon should play this year.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Right. If he sits out, it sounds like another surgery is in the cards. There’s no guarantee he’ll bounce back from another one as well as he did the first time. If he’s physically up to it, I’d like to see him give it a go this year.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
I'm just happy he gave up on that beard.

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
We will miss bohannon, he had a solid game. Cj was great, his game reminds me of klay thompson.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Right. If he sits out, it sounds like another surgery is in the cards. There’s no guarantee he’ll bounce back from another one as well as he did the first time. If he’s physically up to it, I’d like to see him give it a go this year.
Right but it’s not only that. Of course I want Iowa to be as good as possible and if that means he comes back next year and they’re better next year than this year great.

But there’s also the natural transition in college sports where guys move on and new guys move in.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
When Cordell and bohannon are the only two back on press break, you call a timeout and get things in order.
When Luka was getting stitched up and Pemsl was the big man the whole time, I found myself asking “where the fuck is Kriener?”

That’s not great.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Say what you will about Connor, but I did love him screaming right at Wieskamp after he fouled out.

"Let's go! Let's fucking GO!" **stares right at Joe** "Fucking toughen up!"

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Say what you will about Connor, but I did love him screaming right at Wieskamp after he fouled out.

"Let's go! Let's fucking GO!" **stares right at Joe** "Fucking toughen up!"
Noticed that too. Needed to be said by someone other than the staff.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
They still don't have their best player back that got injured against us. I think they finish 2nd in the Big 12 behind Kansas.