**Western Michigan vs. Iowa Basketball - 11/22/21 - 7:30 pm - BTN**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Iowa drops 3 more spots to #26 in KenPom. The Offense is up to #6 and the Defense drops 20 spots to #84.

Western Michigan is #317 KenPom. Should be another barn burner.

The Dad

Legitimately Bald Forever and Stupid Looking
Reaction score
Upcoming opponent Utah State is 4-1 and just knocked off Oklahoma. They might not be terrible.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
When I saw Western Michigan on the schedule I thought it might be a decent team. They are not a decent team.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I feel good about a win in this one.

SondyRules

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Feeling nervous about this one. PROVE ME WRONG HAWKS!!

HawkBall23

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
At the 2nd media timeout;

Keegan Murray 15
W Michigan 8

HawkBall23

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
W Michigan was the stink on shit as well as the shit itself, but that was a really nice game for Iowa.

Fran didn't like the defensive effort in the last game, if the length of time he kept the pressure on tonight was any indication. Pretty sure WMU was averaging a turnover on every possession there for a couple stretches.

Keegan Murray just keeps bending opposing teams over. What a beast.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Would have been funny for the under 4:00 media timeout with 00.9 seconds left. That last stretch was fun though with both sides going up and down. Much better than just running out the clock.

Reaction score
Portland State on Friday, #222 on Kenpom. I get Fran wanting a lighter schedule, but I wish he would have scheduled more 175-225ish teams and not games like the last few.

Perkins and Sandfort really played well.

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
Maybe Fran is just locked in and completely confident in his starters. These types of games produce plenty of playing time for the bench.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
Maybe Fran is just locked in and completely confident in his starters. These types of games produce plenty of playing time for the bench.
I hope not. The bench has some talent with higher upside. Perkins, Sandfort, Murray and Ulis are fun to watch.

Reaction score
Only Jon could slyly post something is “apropos of nothing” for the clear purpose of implying it does mean something when it is in fact, apropos of nothing.

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
Only Jon could slyly post something is “apropos of nothing” for the clear purpose of implying it does mean something when it is in fact, apropos of nothing.

He's your prototypical rube that's actually proud of himself when he uses a word or phrase he just learned. I believe we have one or two posters here who fit that bill.

Reaction score
I wasn’t able to watch the game so I was perplexed by the chats stunned by Mulveys whiteness. Watching highlights, I think its the lighting to an extent, but holy shit he is so light I think he is more reflective/luminous than several metals.

Reaction score
It looks like Perkins is really starting to understand what his role is and where his scoring opportunities are in the halfcourt. He looked really uncomfortable the first couple of games, but now he seems a lot more confident.

He passed up a couple open threes in the second half that I'd like to see him launch. I get that he wanted to get his teammates involved, but the team needs him to consistently look to score, like Keegan and even Sandfort do.

He's always had kind of clunky footwork for a guard. At times it looks like he's not ready to rise and shoot when the opportunity is there. I'd love to see him get to a place where he has a better sense for what he wants to with the ball as soon as he gets it, instead of having to stop and hold the ball and think for a second, allowing the defense to adjust.

He also has really quick hands on defense. He's really shocked offensive players the past few games by poking the ball away really quickly.