2017 Recruiting Thread

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Watched game with a buddy tonight and he would be surprise if Locure is eligible. Good kid he said, already been through a lot. I guess his brother was the dude who crashed into medicap last week after the drug deal.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I think you guys are overplaying the whole "mommy made him apologize" angle. Margaret is a savage. It is more likely Fran made him apologize.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Connor's senior highlights...

He really does have outstanding vision and passing skills. Should fit in nicely backing up bohannon to start.

Intriguing option is then to start Williams (and unleash him as a slasher/defender) alongside Moss and bohannon with a Cook/Garza front court.

V

valp0

He really does have outstanding vision and passing skills. Should fit in nicely backing up bohannon to start.

Intriguing option is then to start Williams (and unleash him as a slasher/defender) alongside Moss and bohannon with a Cook/Garza front court.
How will Iowa baseball take that?

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score

Those are 4A highlights too, so you know they count for something.

Reaction score

Those are 4A highlights too, so you know they count for something.
CR Washington appeared to have a junior high age kid trying to guard him.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Nunge is our least heralded recruit in terms of rankings but he is awesome. State semi steaming now.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Nunge has 16 and we aren't to halftime. Hitting deep threes against an athletic team with hands in his face.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Seriously, if Fran wants to use Nunge like he did Uthoff at SF his soph and junior year, he might be a starter next year. Moss would swing to SG next to bohannon with Cook and Wagner/Pemsl/Garza. Baer is your sixth man which fits perfectly.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
Nunge looking like a Utoff starter kit - with clangers

Reaction score
Seriously, if Fran wants to use Nunge like he did Uthoff at SF his soph and junior year, he might be a starter next year. Moss would swing to SG next to bohannon with Cook and Wagner/Pemsl/Garza. Baer is your sixth man which fits perfectly.
Don't know if he can guard wings in the Big Ten.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Nunge reminds me of Baer with more length and a smoother ball handler. He seems to have great instincts on the boards. They have him playing the top of the press. Kid looks legit.

Last edited:

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Don't know if he can guard wings in the Big Ten.
Agreed, that makes him like every other potential starter at that position on our roster

Reaction score
They were down 8 in the last two minutes I think. Nunge tied it with 25 seconds left then Ben Davis hit a 3 at the buzzer for the win.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
They were down 8 in the last two minutes I think. Nunge tied it with 25 seconds left then Ben Davis hit a 3 at the buzzer for the win.
Those fuckers couldn't hit a free throw but threw up a three with Jamal Crawford like arch and it went in.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
For anyone not watching, Nunge's team was down 8 with a minute left and they did the foul game and got it within 2 points. Then the other team turned it over and Nunge tied the game with 20 seconds left.

The other teams comes down and nails a three at the buzzer to win the game.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
His feet no longer look like they're going to break when he moves. He also looks skilled. I am wet.

He's gonna make a HUGE difference next year in the middle of the defense, which was fucking awful this year.

Reaction score
He looks like he may have finally grown into his body.

I am officially excited for the Garza/Nunge era. I now have hopes Nunge can be a sort of Uthoff and taller Aaron White hybrid.

I think we see something approaching Kreiner and Garza full time at the 5 next year unless its a small ball matchup.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
His feet no longer look like they're going to break when he moves. He also looks skilled. I am wet.

He's gonna make a HUGE difference next year in the middle of the defense, which was fucking awful this year.
Plodding would be an understatement from his video last year. This year he is dunking with ease, blocking shots and running the floor. I think Fran got a steal.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
He looks like a fucking Duke player. The type North Carolina fans make fun of for three years before he goes for 18 and 10 and leads them them to a national championship.

I'll allow it.

Reaction score

I love this guy.
Lol at #24. Poor bastard didn't stand a chance.
The reason he didn't stand a chance is because Garza is a full head taller than him. I hope he is able to improve on that 16" vert or is very good at using his body to create space. Looks like a nice player but also looks like another tall white dude who plays below the rim.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score

I love this guy.
The reason he didn't stand a chance is because Garza is a full head taller than him. I hope he is able to improve on that 16" vert or is very good at using his body to create space. Looks like a nice player but also looks like another tall white dude who plays below the rim.
The fucker has obviously never had to jump in a bball game. If I was his coach, I'd let the guy guarding him in practice carry a snow shovel.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
He appears to have considerably more skill and polish and longer arms than Woody, King. If he's got Woody's effort level, I'll take that player 100 times out of 100.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
He appears to have considerably more skill and polish and longer arms than Woody, King. If he's got Woody's effort level, I'll take that player 100 times out of 100.
I too would take a top 125 player with offers from Notre Dame, Louisville, and Indiana.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score

I love this guy.
The "plays below the rim" thing is always an amusing statement....the majority of rebounds are taken below the rim, the good rebounders are usually guys that work hard at getting good position. At his size protecting the rim by at least making guys alter their shots is what Fran's team really needs. If he scores double figures that's great, be he doesn't need to do that to be effective.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
The "plays below the rim" thing is always an amusing statement....the majority of rebounds are taken below the rim, the good rebounders are usually guys that work hard at getting good position. At his size protecting the rim by at least making guys alter their shots is what Fran's team really needs. If he scores double figures that's great, be he doesn't need to do that to be effective.
Most dribbles occur below the rim as well.

Jumping and being athletic are highly overrated when it comes to basketball.