**2018 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212
HaLo is an outlier for retarded Iowa fandom, certainly
 

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Joined
Mar 23, 2010
Messages
8,355
Reaction score
-1,948
Dailey would make sense provided what is coming in/back next year.
I hope he doesn't leave, but his departure would make more sense than Moss since Dailey can still redshirt.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,301
Reaction score
27,958
I can’t believe how many people are going to back to the kakert well after he was clearly completely fucking guessing last time.
Who is going back to him? Everyone thinks he is full of shit.
Wrong. As dumb as all of us on HaLo are, you're really underestimating the average fan. Hell, there are 114,000 people that like the Hawkeye Heaven Facebook page.

There's a dude on reddit that posts in every single Iowa related thread, and basically everything centers around his dislike for Fran, Kirk and Barta, and how Iowa fans just accept mediocrity. Just yesterday he was posting about Kakert saying Cook is leaving and that he's a very reliable source.

There's a lot more of him than we'd like to admit.
I meant here specifically.
 

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Joined
Aug 4, 2008
Messages
37,415
Reaction score
2,954
Who is going back to him? Everyone thinks he is full of shit.
Wrong. As dumb as all of us on HaLo are, you're really underestimating the average fan. Hell, there are 114,000 people that like the Hawkeye Heaven Facebook page.

There's a dude on reddit that posts in every single Iowa related thread, and basically everything centers around his dislike for Fran, Kirk and Barta, and how Iowa fans just accept mediocrity. Just yesterday he was posting about Kakert saying Cook is leaving and that he's a very reliable source.

There's a lot more of him than we'd like to admit.
I meant here specifically.
Oh. I don't think L. Wade did, but then he's hardly ever saying what I think he's trying to say.
 

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Joined
Mar 23, 2010
Messages
8,355
Reaction score
-1,948
Off topic but a friend at Drake tells me Niko is leaving to take the CSU job. That's a shitty thing to do after just one year on the job. I wonder if his contract contained a penalty clause for early departure. If not, the AD should pack his bags and follow Niko.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,301
Reaction score
27,958
Off topic but a friend at Drake tells me Niko is leaving to take the CSU job. That's a shitty thing to do after just one year on the job. I wonder if his contract contained a penalty clause for early departure. If not, the AD should pack his bags and follow Niko.
Lol. Is your friend literally every basketball reporter in the country?
 

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Joined
May 1, 2016
Messages
49,755
Reaction score
35,255
I don’t know if you guys have heard, but Ellington and Wagner might be leaving.
 

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,265
Reaction score
1,534
The current Drake AD didn’t hire Niko. I’m not sure why he is acting surprised.
 

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,265
Reaction score
1,534
Wrong. As dumb as all of us on HaLo are, you're really underestimating the average fan. Hell, there are 114,000 people that like the Hawkeye Heaven Facebook page.

There's a dude on reddit that posts in every single Iowa related thread, and basically everything centers around his dislike for Fran, Kirk and Barta, and how Iowa fans just accept mediocrity. Just yesterday he was posting about Kakert saying Cook is leaving and that he's a very reliable source.

There's a lot more of him than we'd like to admit.
I meant here specifically.
Oh. I don't think L. Wade did, but then he's hardly ever saying what I think he's trying to say.
I meant on TOS. the thread is like 30 pages of shit. We only have 10 pages of shit so we are 1/3 as shitty.
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,651
Reaction score
-14,426

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
15,041
Reaction score
-3,387
Heard that he told the AD earlier in the week that he was pulling out of the running for CSU, then call d today to say he took the job. Can’t blame Niko at all for taking the job
 

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212

Brownzy

Important Backpack Wearer
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
1,708
Reaction score
-849
Oh. I don't think L. Wade did, but then he's hardly ever saying what I think he's trying to say.
I meant on TOS. the thread is like 30 pages of shit. We only have 10 pages of shit so we are 1/3 as shitty.
They have 3x as many posters though, mainly because Tom is a good mod that doesn't spam his customers with Amazon gift cards.
At first I was like “grrrrr” and then I was like “hmmmm he has a point at the end there”.

Aka alonzomourningonthebench.gif
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,301
Reaction score
27,958
Oh. I don't think L. Wade did, but then he's hardly ever saying what I think he's trying to say.
I meant on TOS. the thread is like 30 pages of shit. We only have 10 pages of shit so we are 1/3 as shitty.
And Dougie and I are at least 1/3 of that third. So most of you are off the hook!
Yeah, but that is because you said Tyler Cook wasn't even good enough to play in the fucking G League and Ahmad Wagner was slow and clumsy.

Don't say stupid shit and most of that wouldn't have happened.
 

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212
Tom is now saying he's sticking with Cordell staying as his prediction. But says he still thinks 1 more could leave, with 2 being the max. Lol
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,651
Reaction score
-14,426
Wow, that sucks for Drake. Wonder if they reach out to Horner.
 

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212
I was just kidding AZ! I've said many times you're my favorite bball poster!
 
Last edited:
Joined
Feb 2, 2018
Messages
576
Reaction score
-852
The only fluid involved is his seminal fluid emanating from his belief that he is somehow important in the Hawkeye athletic scene.
 

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Oct 11, 2014
Messages
6,940
Reaction score
4,525

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,651
Reaction score
-14,426

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Oct 11, 2014
Messages
6,940
Reaction score
4,525
Tom says any more defections would be a surprise.
TomKaert: So, I think we can, at this point, bring an end to the threads asking about this guy or that guy and if they are leaving. If someone leaves at this point, it's going to be a pretty significant surprise.
View attachment 10146

:roll:
It’s like a less likable Michael Scott is running TOS.
Our Mikey is better. Even if he doesn’t deserve the chat keys.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,301
Reaction score
27,958
What a fucking turd.

I will go back to what was said earlier. I think a couple of the players will wait and see what happens over the next 6 weeks. Dailey and Pemsl specifically both would have to sit out anyways, so they can take the time to see if Fran picks up a guard / wing and if Cook comes back and then make a decision.
 

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212
These things are fluid as an excuse for his predictions is hilarious. What a jackass.
 

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
26,426
Reaction score
3,721

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,265
Reaction score
1,534
I feel like a lot of shit goes down at the final four because almost all the coaches are there. I’m guessing it will be at least that long until we hear about any coaching changes or further changes. I could see Dillard retiring and Speraw maybe getting another mid major head job.
 

Herbie2

knows things he probably shouldn’t know
Joined
Oct 3, 2015
Messages
7,119
Reaction score
4,469
I feel like a lot of shit goes down at the final four because almost all the coaches are there. I’m guessing it will be at least that long until we hear about any coaching changes or further changes. I could see Dillard retiring and Speraw maybe getting another mid major head job.
is speraw even a viable candidate for a midmajor job? he will be 62 before next season starts and it seems these jobs are going more and more to younger people.
 

Bob

Joined
Sep 8, 2012
Messages
6,031
Reaction score
-5,716
who is hiring speraw coming off this Iowa season of all seasons?
 
Top