* NIT Champion Tony Carr
Hopefully Tony Carr leaves, too.
It always does at the Final Four.Shit is goin down!!!
Hope he's wearing a suit the next time he's at the Final Four.Shit is goin down!!!
He is. A jogging suit.Hope he's wearing a suit the next time he's at the Final Four.Shit is goin down!!!
probably somewhat safe to assume we will not see any more transfers? I know Williams left late in the game last year, and this post is retarded, but I'm assuming we are in the clear.
Kakert thinks everyone else is back but is leaving the door open for up to 3 more to transfer. Just as he has predicted all along.Also, now that we are a month removed from the final game of the season, probably somewhat safe to assume we will not see any more transfers? I know Williams left late in the game last year, and this post is retarded, but I'm assuming we are in the clear.
Thoughts, retarded or otherwise? @L. Wade Childress? Casey's Pizza?
No. It was a discussion focused entirely on Michigan and how to play them.Anything important from the interview?
I would assume more than he is making at Iowa.What does a G League player pull in? Can't be that much.
Fine and much better than gas station food needs to be but probably overrated imoCasey's Pizza?
If you aren't on a two way deal (which most aren't, and which I don't think Cook will get) it maxes out at like 26k. The only way to make real money in the g league is to play well enough to get a couple ten day contracts with the NBA club. The scholarship with room, board, and whatever extra you can get from boosters and bagmen is honestly probably worth more than the base G League salary at most schoolsWhat does a G League player pull in? Can't be that much.
Yeah, going to call complete bullshit on that.former hoops player telling our crew that the black players on the team are not fans of Fran. Said the word is getting out on the recruiting trail.
Yeah, going to call complete bullshit on that..former hoops player telling our crew that the black players on the team are not fans of Fran. Said the word is getting out on the recruiting trail.
Wow, what a bold prediction to say Wagner was gone. Did he really go out on a limb and say that Ellingson might be gone too??Yeah, going to call complete bullshit on that.former hoops player telling our crew that the black players on the team are not fans of Fran. Said the word is getting out on the recruiting trail.he's the same guy who told us Wagner was gone a month or so before it became fact. As a former player(not under Fran)he has no ax to grind.Yeah, going to call complete bullshit on that.former hoops player telling our crew that the black players on the team are not fans of Fran. Said the word is getting out on the recruiting trail.
Nah, no way man. I bet this is the same brilliant source that let the looker know a couple years ago that Jok and his guardian were super pissed at Fran for some weird made up reason and was the reason he was testing the NBA draft process.The rumor about black players not liking Fran has been out there since Williams left and has been debunked.
There has been some version of this story about Iowa basketball going back as long as I've been on message boards, which would be going back to, like, AlfordThe rumor about black players not liking Fran has been out there since Williams left and has been debunked.
Yeah, and I don't mean to come so hard like you are making up the rumor or something, but simply saying any player that didn't play under Fran would have no real connections to the program at this point.I hope it's not true but I guess the next couple recruiting classes will be telling.
Lolformer hoops player telling our crew that the black players on the team are not fans of Fran. Said the word is getting out on the recruiting trail.
Like I don't think you really needed an inside source to know that Wagner might try football. He had Iowa football coaches and players tweeting at him about it, one Iowa beat writer bringing up his NFL potential every five seconds, and he saw his basektball playing time and production fall off a cliff this year.
LolLike I don't think you really needed an inside source to know that Wagner might try football. He had Iowa football coaches and players tweeting at him about it, one Iowa beat writer bringing up his NFL potential every five seconds, and he saw his basektball playing time and production fall off a cliff this year.![]()
FFS.former hoops player telling our crew that the black players on the team are not fans of Fran. Said the word is getting out on the recruiting trail.
Well no shit. But Europe would probably be more lucrative, no?I would assume more than he is making at Iowa.What does a G League player pull in? Can't be that much.
Yeah, and I don't mean to come so hard.I hope it's not true but I guess the next couple recruiting classes will be telling.
You think he's going to do some studio work?Hope he's wearing a suit the next time he's at the Final Four.Shit is goin down!!!
Europe isn't the path to the NBA anymore. The G league is that path now with 2 way contracts and most players who go overseas at this point are like Aaron White where they know the NBA is more of a pipe dream but can make a lucrative career by establishing themselves in the Euro leagues.Well no shit. But Europe would probably be more lucrative, no?I would assume more than he is making at Iowa.What does a G League player pull in? Can't be that much.
Personally I think he would be better off going Europe as I don't see an NBA future - undersized PFs aren't in high demand. But I could be wrong. He could always try G league for awhile and then jump to Europe later.Europe isn't the path to the NBA anymore. The G league is that path now with 2 way contracts and most players who go overseas at this point are like Aaron White where they know the NBA is more of a pipe dream but can make a lucrative career by establishing themselves in the Euro leagues.Well no shit. But Europe would probably be more lucrative, no?I would assume more than he is making at Iowa.
I think my percentage for Cook coming back was about 70/3o, but even before reading the Howe tweet I think at this point that numbers should be flipped. Cook simply seems like he is on a mission to get into the pro level as quickly as possible given his peers.
Having to come back to Iowa seems like it would crush him. I think he would rather play in the G League even if they tell him there is no shot he gets drafted.
Maybe he will get humbled to the point he doesn't have much other choice than to come back to Iowa, but I think even if he gets a glimmer of hope of being drafted late in the 2nd round or the chance of a 2 way contract he is gone.
Either way, not expecting to see him at Iowa going forward.
That ultimately might be correct, but in his eyes it is NBA or bust for the next 4-5 year minimum. The way to do that now is the G League as a lot of NBA teams have supposedly cut back how much they scout the Euro leagues and have concentrated much more on developing out of their own system.Personally I think he would be better off going Europe as I don't see an NBA future - undersized PFs aren't in high demand. But I could be wrong. He could always try G league for awhile and then jump to Europe later.Europe isn't the path to the NBA anymore. The G league is that path now with 2 way contracts and most players who go overseas at this point are like Aaron White where they know the NBA is more of a pipe dream but can make a lucrative career by establishing themselves in the Euro leagues.Well no shit. But Europe would probably be more lucrative, no?
I think my percentage for Cook coming back was about 70/3o, but even before reading the Howe tweet I think at this point that numbers should be flipped. Cook simply seems like he is on a mission to get into the pro level as quickly as possible given his peers.
Having to come back to Iowa seems like it would crush him. I think he would rather play in the G League even if they tell him there is no shot he gets drafted.
Maybe he will get humbled to the point he doesn't have much other choice than to come back to Iowa, but I think even if he gets a glimmer of hope of being drafted late in the 2nd round or the chance of a 2 way contract he is gone.
Either way, not expecting to see him at Iowa going forward.
Another 180, boyz!Europe isn't the path to the NBA anymore. The G league is that path now with 2 way contracts and most players who go overseas at this point are like Aaron White where they know the NBA is more of a pipe dream but can make a lucrative career by establishing themselves in the Euro leagues.Well no shit. But Europe would probably be more lucrative, no?I would assume more than he is making at Iowa.
I think my percentage for Cook coming back was about 70/3o, but even before reading the Howe tweet I think at this point that numbers should be flipped. Cook simply seems like he is on a mission to get into the pro level as quickly as possible given his peers.
Having to come back to Iowa seems like it would crush him. I think he would rather play in the G League even if they tell him there is no shot he gets drafted.
Maybe he will get humbled to the point he doesn't have much other choice than to come back to Iowa, but I think even if he gets a glimmer of hope of being drafted late in the 2nd round or the chance of a 2 way contract he is gone.
Either way, not expecting to see him at Iowa going forward.
Every time going to post this dawgy dawg......Another 180, boyz!Europe isn't the path to the NBA anymore. The G league is that path now with 2 way contracts and most players who go overseas at this point are like Aaron White where they know the NBA is more of a pipe dream but can make a lucrative career by establishing themselves in the Euro leagues.Well no shit. But Europe would probably be more lucrative, no?
I think my percentage for Cook coming back was about 70/3o, but even before reading the Howe tweet I think at this point that numbers should be flipped. Cook simply seems like he is on a mission to get into the pro level as quickly as possible given his peers.
Having to come back to Iowa seems like it would crush him. I think he would rather play in the G League even if they tell him there is no shot he gets drafted.
Maybe he will get humbled to the point he doesn't have much other choice than to come back to Iowa, but I think even if he gets a glimmer of hope of being drafted late in the 2nd round or the chance of a 2 way contract he is gone.
Either way, not expecting to see him at Iowa going forward.
Is that what he told you?That ultimately might be correct, but in his eyes it is NBA or bust for the next 4-5 year minimum.Personally I think he would be better off going Europe as I don't see an NBA future - undersized PFs aren't in high demand. But I could be wrong. He could always try G league for awhile and then jump to Europe later.Europe isn't the path to the NBA anymore. The G league is that path now with 2 way contracts and most players who go overseas at this point are like Aaron White where they know the NBA is more of a pipe dream but can make a lucrative career by establishing themselves in the Euro leagues.
I think my percentage for Cook coming back was about 70/3o, but even before reading the Howe tweet I think at this point that numbers should be flipped. Cook simply seems like he is on a mission to get into the pro level as quickly as possible given his peers.
Having to come back to Iowa seems like it would crush him. I think he would rather play in the G League even if they tell him there is no shot he gets drafted.
Maybe he will get humbled to the point he doesn't have much other choice than to come back to Iowa, but I think even if he gets a glimmer of hope of being drafted late in the 2nd round or the chance of a 2 way contract he is gone.
Either way, not expecting to see him at Iowa going forward.
Yes, particularly if that somewhere else is the NBA.I know Cook is a great college player but do fans really want a guy on the team that wants to be somewhere else?
I think there are small signs he is more mentally out the door than Jok or many others ever have been. I don't get the vibe from him that he is simply doing this to test the process for growth and learning. He seems to be very insistent on leaving. Even dumb stuff like his social media he updated his profile on twitter to remove the part about being a forward at Iowa.Lol he’s doing the same think Jok did and countless others have. The only difference this time is all the “rumors” that supposedly he’s been “gone” for a long time.
He may very well be gone but I don’t see how this is any different than any other guy that is testing the waters. If you’re testing the waters, then you’re serious about it. You don’t just go through the motions.